Search Unity

After upgrading to 5.2. ios GameCenter related. il2cpp::vm::method::getparamcount:

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by superjustin5000, Sep 11, 2015.

1. superjustin5000

superjustin5000

Right after upgrading to Unity 5.2
    Xcode is 6.4
    and iOS is 8.4

EVERYTIME,
    after startup, as soon as gamecenter is called, it crashes.

I even see the welcome back notifaction from game center right before it happens everytime.

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 1.08.53 PM.png

zehreken likes this.
  2. superjustin5000

superjustin5000

Any help with this would be amazing! Let me know if you need more info. I got it to work by not making any calls to Unity's Social methods, but I need gamecenter so this is only a temporary solution for me.

3. superjustin5000

superjustin5000

So after hours of testing today, I've found that the crash only happens when Unity Ads are enabled for iOS. And Specifically, when using Unity Ads through the new Services window in Unity 5.2.

I went back to the old way of using Unity Ads (downloading the plugin through the asset store), then disabled the one in the services window, now all of the Game Center calls work again.

So just a tip for people trying to use Unity Ads on iOS with Unity's Social API at the same time. Don't use the new Services window to enable the ads.

At least this is my case.

Tonghae and super77gg like this.
  4. jpv1234

jpv1234

Same problem here =(

5. AlvarPernroth

AlvarPernroth

I also got a crash on game center loading after enabling the new unity ads.

6. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi, thanks for feedback. As a workaround, you can disable Ads in the services window, and download the Asset Store version from https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21027, using the usual way of integrating Ads as described on https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/Documentation for Publishers/Integration-Guide-for-Unity-Asset-Store

We have been looking into this particular issue with GameCenter, however without being able to reproduce locally so far. If anyone has a simple project where this reproduces, please PM it to me.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

7. jpv1234

jpv1234

Actually is pretty simple to replicate the problem. Create a new project and enable Unity Ads trough the Unity Services window. Be sure that if you hit a button, it will actually show the ad. Then just create a script, attach it to a GameObject and call in the Start method Social.localUser.Authenticate. In the editor it works perfectly, but when you deploy to an iOS Device, it crashes immediately as authenticate is called

8. cocos2der

cocos2der

I also got a crash on game center loading after enabling the new unity ads.
    I can offer a simple project where this reproduces. Still need now?

9. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Thanks. We have been able to reproduce now, and have a bug report for this issue. I'll let you know as soon as we have any news on this.

-Rasmus

10. ThiagoDeserto

ThiagoDeserto

Same happening here. Another workaround is just change from il2cpp to mono.

zehreken likes this.
  11. zehreken

zehreken

I have the same problem, I have changed scripting backend to mono2x from il2cpp. My game happily works on my test device (iPad mini) but now I can't create a 64 bit build. When I change architecture in Xcode to (armv7, arm64), Xcode throws a bunch of errors while linking. Any advice? Unity version: 5.2.0f3

12. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Correct, changing to use Mono is not a solution you can use, as only IL2CPP can produce 64-bit iOS builds (see e.g. http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/01/29/unity-4-6-2-ios-64-bit-support/)

We're working with the scripting team to get this issue solved. For now workaround is to disable Ads from Services window in Unity 5.2 and download Unity Ads asset store package from https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21027

We'll let you know as soon as we have any news, and apologize for the trouble related to this.

-Rasmus

zehreken and ThiagoDeserto like this.
  13. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

zehreken and jpv1234 like this.
  14. jpv1234

jpv1234

Thank youuuuu =D That are some awesome news!!!!

15. mostrolabs

mostrolabs

I updated to Unity 5.2.2 today and now I'm having this issue, I was working with Unity 5.1.2 and everything was fine until today.