Search Unity

After an asset removed

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by atmuc, Apr 1, 2015.

1. atmuc

atmuc

After an asset removed from store you are not able to download it again. Asset Store support suggested me to contact publisher to get asset. When i buy an item from Google Play Store and Apple Store i am able to download it after it is removed from store. How can i track all purchased assets after i lost my computer?

2. twobob

twobob

hmm.. Asset store tab, purchases thingy?

upload_2015-4-1_18-13-3.png

3. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

No. In the asset store a thing that isn't available can't be downloaded any more, sadly.
    It is of course possible to use the last downloaded Unitypackage. But if it isn't present any more the asset is gone, AFAIK. Sorry. :(

4. Jaimi

Jaimi

You can track what you purchased Here:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/account/transactions

As for getting to your data after your computer is lost, I recommend using an automated backup solution (If you're on a Mac, of course TimeMachine is built in)

Unity has mentioned in previous postings that they will be adding the ability to get archived versions of purchased assets after they have been removed from the asset store. But, I have no clue if/when that will happen.

nasos_333 and twobob like this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

I hope that happens very soon, since it is a very hot matter.

I now have almost $4000 worth of assets and thinking that one day i might no longer be able to control/download them is a nightmare, mainly because i may have missed a last update for a removed asset or because some assets are not used yet.

I usually work on my laptop and my HDD space is extremely limited, thus i only get assets on demand than keep everything locally, which would probably fill my HDD with assets alone :)