Search Unity

African Felines Sim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StarBurst6, May 29, 2015.

1. StarBurst6

StarBurst6

Hello everybody!

I recently had an idea, which was to make a sim where you play as an African feline. The choice of felines would be as follows:

African Golden Cat
    Sand Cat
    African Wildcat
    Black-footed Cat
    Cheetah
    Leopard
    Lion

You'd pick one, and then you'd hunt prey, have cubs, etc. Your aim is to stay alive and raise as many cubs as possible, to pass on your genetic code. Cubs can be killed, starved or drowned, and your character can die as well. You have to try your best to survive. Prey would randomly spawn for you to hunt. It would be a multiplayer game, so you could chat to, fight and mate with other players.

Any thoughts or ideas? Also, how would I go about making a game like this? Any comment helps!

2. 121

Are you intending to make this game for fun or to make successful sales?

3. Ostwind

Ostwind

Good luck trying to find proper target audience for it :rolleyes:

Feeding and caring about cubs makes it sound a bit like care bear/tamagotchi game for kids. Then cubs starving and drowning while parents hunting and killing they prey usually very violent way is red flag for parents saying no no.

4. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

5. jpthek9

jpthek9

With proper execution, any game concept can be awesome. Go for it!

By the way, if you want to impress the community, put up a prototype instead of the idea. It gives us a lot more to give you feedback on and shows the effort you put in so far.

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

It is a definite change of pace from trying to survive alone on an island. Or against zombies.

7. NomadKing

NomadKing

I'd play it, but only if I get to be Panthro...

8. StarBurst6

StarBurst6

It's just for fun. There's another game called WolfQuest, kind of like this except you are a wolf. You get pups, they can drown, etc, but that game had quite a lot of people playing it. The hunting wouldn't be graphic, it would be sort of like WolfQuest's hunting where no blood shows or anything, you just have to take down the prey's health until it dies.
    @superpig-yes, a bit like that, but multiplayer and you can choose different animals, not just lions.

9. jpthek9

jpthek9

Keep your head out of the sky. Start making the game before saying it's going to be multiplayer or deciding that there's going to be no blood in the hunting system. You're not going to get much help from us at the moment because there's not much at the moment but I'd love to hear about your progress once you start making the game.

10. delinx32

delinx32