Search Unity

Adventure Creator - Make 3D adventure games (DEMO, VIDEO, WEBSITE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ChrisIceBox, Oct 9, 2013.

1. dxmachina

dxmachina

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the new 2D stuff! Really helpful. I am still finding certain kinds of 2D navmesh layout a bit difficult, just because sometimes you want to cheat the perspective/speed a bit. For instance, a long path where the character can start right up near the camera, but can walk along a path far in to the distance. It's tough to get the perspective and speed feeling correct. Not sure there is a question here (or even a workflow improvement)... just wondering if you or anyone else has any tips for something like this.

I do have two other questions:

1. Has there been any further thought to multiple switchable main characters? Or having a side-kick character that follows the main character?

2. Would you consider an additional old-style direct control... where rather than holding an arrow key to continue walking you (a) tap the arrow once to start walking, then (b) tap again to stop? It's so funny how muscle memory works. When I'm in 3D, direct control the way you have is completely natural. But when I see 2D graphics, my muscle memory still expects the other style.

Cheers, and thanks again for everything!

2. robinball

robinball

Ah the particle switch script was what I was after. Thanks Chris.

3. patoland

patoland

hello Chris! i purchased your kit a few weeks ago and i'm really satisfied with your product, fantastic add on to unity! i'm planning to develop an ismetric adventure and i wonder if this could be made with AC, specially concerning the controls and pathfinder. What is your take on it? any hints?
    thank so much!

4. Shapeforms

Shapeforms

Hi Chris,

Like a few others on the forum, I'm having some issues setting up Nav Meshes for a 2D adventure. My background is a number of screens long, and as the scene scrolls, the nav mesh doesn't seem to follow perfectly – gaps in the nav mesh I set up for obstacles were up to a screen's distance out when the game was run. I tried setting up the nav mesh a number of ways: matching it to the background in Unity's 2D view, in perspective and orthographic views with various camera FOV, ortho size and z position values and no matter how I set it up I couldn't get it to work as desired – there was always a discrepancy between the nav mesh and background when the background scrolled in-game.

Additionally, as the background's horizon is fairly high up and the perspective somewhat cheated, I had to slant the navmesh and collision cube in order for the character to sit correctly in the scene. This caused physics issues where the character would slowly slide down the sloped collision cube.

Are there any solutions you could suggest?

Also, would it be feasible at all to incorporate true 2D navigation, where nav meshes could be created in 2D (laid directly over the background), with 2D character movement, and character scaling defined by 2 or more points in the scene with min/max character scale values assigned to each – similar to Visionaire and AGS – rather than 3D perspective determining a character's scale? This would likely speed up development time considerably and eliminate any issues working with longer scenes, nav meshes in 3d perspective, as well as making character scaling more predictable.

Aside from these nav mesh issues, Adventure Creator is an excellent tool and I look forward to seeing how it develops!

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  5. robinball

robinball

I'm having problems upgrading the version of Adventure Creator. I'm working on a prototype using the tutorial and demo assets until I make some of my own, but whenever I update, half my managers (inventory, variables, possibly some others) seem to revert to the original ones whether or not I rename them. I must be doing something wrong here as I'm sure I should be able to change stuff and then update.

If not, what's the best way of cloning my project in such a way as to separate it from any changes to the demo project?

Thanks

6. ChrisIceBox

ChrisIceBox

Dev continues on the next update, which should be available this week. As well as the usual fixes and latest feature requests, the 1.22 update also brings more Menu transition options, a third-person camera, and the ability (finally!) to control scene objects within an inventory or menu interaction.

I'd also like to provide a "showcase" page on the Adventure Creator website, to show potential users what the toolkit's capable of. If anyone's willing to have their work shown, please either post here or PM me - it would really help me out.

Try copying the Actions within a Cutscene, rather than duplicating the Cutscene itself. From the Cutscene Inspector, open the ActionList Editor, then choose Mark All and Copy Marked. Then you can paste them into a fresh Cutscene object.

I will be looking into NPC following other Characters this week.

Not sure how many would benefit from this, but I like the idea. I will look into this as well, but it may not be this week.

You're welcome. So far as I'm aware, there aren't any restrictions with making an isometric game. You may have to increase the Raycast lengths in the Settings Manager, since I imagine an isometric camera would be farther from the player than normal, but I can't think of any other issues. Please let me know if there are.

Have you followed the 2D scene tutorial? The GameCamera2D is designed to get around issues with NavMeshes and perspective, since it pans with a Ken Burns-like effect, rather than physically moving in 3D space. Generally you want the NavMesh to work according to a perspective GameCamera, rather than a side-on orthographic one or the 2D view.

Regarding your sliding issue, the upcoming update has an option to freeze Characters' positions when they're idle.

Having "true" 2D navigation as you suggest would require a custom mesh, which most people in 2D would be unhappy about (and was the reason I incorporated Unity's built-in navigation system). Either that, or you'd have to work top-down, which would mean you can no longer work in Unity'd 2D mode. I'm open to suggestions, but I'd like any change/new mode to be as elegant as possible. What are people's thoughts in general about this issue?

Be sure to put your work in a separate folder next to the Adventure Creator directory, and make use of your own Manager asset files. Updating the version will reset which Manager files are loaded in, but if you have your own files it should be a simple case of re-assigning them afterwards. The first tutorial explains this process for you.

7. God-at-play

God-at-play

Thanks for the reply Chris. Copying within the ActionList Editor is what I ended up doing, so it's good to know I took the right approach. It's not ideal since I have 64 cutscenes to copy/paste, but it does the job as a workaround. I'm definitely thankful for the paste button!

Also I started a new project yesterday, starting to set up a game for my niece, and I ran into the same issue with animations being required for a character. This time, however, I was not using First Person. So that seems to be an issue regardless of movement method. Again, I fixed it by adding null checks to those AdvGame methods.

8. dxmachina

dxmachina

The suggestion above has proven to be a very ideal 2D workflow, though I don't know what technical challenges one would face implementing it in Unity. I also do appreciate the idea that it's very easy to swap and combine 2D and 3D elements very seamlessly right now.

That said, laying out a 2D room with definable walk-areas, scaling, overlapped areas, etc... is just dead simple and intuitive with something like AGS. Have you seen the basic workflow, Chris? The key elements are the ability to paint in (with PS, or directly in the editor) the areas (with simple line, fill, polygon tools) that are walkable, the areas that require scenery overlap, etc. The critical thing is that you can use multiple walkable areas in one scene, and apply different scaling curves to the character (so that in some of the scene there is no scaling, and in other areas a lot). For 2D stuff, these "cheats" are used all the time... and it's exactly those elements I think some of us are finding a bit difficult in the current workflow. Right now it feels like a lot of guess work that is hard/impossible to get 100% right (at least with my shrinking gray-matter).

Perhaps as a practical starting point for discussion... how might you implement having your character walk to the distant house in your 2D demo?

Now... back to effusive praise. Thanks again for this incredible tool.

9. God-at-play

God-at-play

It seems like you could use one of the many mesh-creation tools to create something in the editor, and then use the Mesh solution for pathfinding. I suppose scaling would require a custom script, though.

10. Shapeforms

Shapeforms

Yeah, I completed the 2D scene tutorial before I began building the nav mesh for my scene and followed along with it as I went. I figured out how to solve the issue regarding the discrepancy between the navmesh and scrolling background in-game: I had to set the Game window camera to the size of the background texture (4096 x 819). I could then build the nav mesh using the game camera as reference. Previously, I was unsure how best to preview the navmesh across the whole scene since moving the camera horizontally along the scene obviously caused the perspective on the navmesh to change.

As excited as I was by this discovery, it didn't put an end to my navmesh woes – I still had to tilt the navmesh and collision cube forward in order to account for the high horizon line in the scene. Again my character was sliding around, and because the collision cube was angled so steeply, the character could barely make it up the slope, and conversely would zip down it when navigated toward the base of the scene. Unfortunately, the upcoming update to freeze characters' positions when idle – which is certainly a welcome addition – won't help in this instance. An unfortunate limitation of a navmesh placed in 3D perspective is that the horizon line can'tbe any higher than half the screen height, hence the evidently shaky workaround involving rotating the navmesh collision cube forward.

Another issue I found after attempting to build the navmesh a second time – this time as flat as possible – was that it is possible to construct seemingly identical navmeshes when referring to the game camera only, yet its actual form in 3D space when viewed top-down can differ vastly, so you have to be careful that your character doesn't appear too close to the camera (and therefore fill the screen) when they're meant to appear far off in the distance. Fixing scaling issues such as this involves reworking a lot of the navmesh and, as dxmachina pointed out, a fair bit of trial and error.

There's a good chance that what I'm about to suggest is impossible or at the very least, totally impractical to implement :p At any rate, I hope it provides some food for thought.

Would it still be possible to use Unity's navmeshes, only instead of placing them on the ground plane, could they be laid directly over the background? If so, character movement would have to take place on the X-Y plane, with scaling determined by 2 or more points placed over the background (the character would move more slowly the smaller the scale value to cheat perspective). This would negate the need for physics or a collision cube. Perhaps this could be implemented as a '2D Navigation' option in the scene/settings manager, so 3D navigation and movement could still be used if desired. Obviously much, much easier said than done, and I appreciate it would be a fair volume of work...

I guess the ideal would be something like Visionaire or AGS' navigation creation, where you could create a walkable region in your image editor, import it into Unity and – somehow – convert it to a navmesh. Any improvements, however, would be most welcome :)

11. Bramlet

Bramlet

i'm developing an isometric adventure as well and almost everything works fine, but setting up the navmesh segments is rather messy, cause i have to rotate those segments a lot and it's tricky and frustrates me a bit.
    Perhaps i'm doing something wrong.

By the way, the player is getting huge when he moves in the direction of the camera.

But as a whole, the asset is still wonderfull.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  12. adventurefan

adventurefan

Can someone tell me how do I get the Adventure Creator main managers window to reappear again if it disappeared? Not sure where to initialize it.

I can switch to backup files but this is probably a good thing to know.

edit: Got it! Solved Seemingly just changing the window layout a few time then clicking the AC window again in menu brought it back, no prob.

Another thing has anyone tried to integrate http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/219175-UMA-Unity-Multipurpose-Avatar-on-the-Asset-Store!

this with AC? It could help people put a lot more characters in their games, or prototype better, etc...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  13. Le_Foosh

Le_Foosh

Is there a way to change the player character as I'd like to have it so that I can have my player wearing different costumes throughout the game?

Also, can I use different managers in different scenes at all?

Thanks,

Kris

14. God-at-play

God-at-play

I got the feeling the Manager Package was created for this, because the docs say "a simple collection...used to quickly replace the loaded Managers" but maybe it's just meant for in-editor? You could give it a shot though, I haven't tried that yet.

With this, I'm curious if it could actually be possible to switch managers in the middle of a scene. I've been talking to some other indies and I've seen a couple recommendations for using a sceneless model where assets are loaded and unloaded over time to avoid waiting.

15. thanhle

thanhle

if my game use the first person in mobile , how i can make joystick for character ?

16. Rosolek

Rosolek

ChrisIceBox thank you. Your suggestion how to play random animation:
    " Create an integer variable and set it to a random value using the Variable: Set Action. Then check the state of that variable to determine which clip to play." is working fine and was exactly what I needed.

I have yet another question. Is it possible to load one, looped music clip at first scene and play it through out all the scenes rather have the music to load every single scene? Thanks

17. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I'm stuck on getting a jump to work with point and click movement. Adventure Creator seems to override the jump. I think I need to override or add to RaycastNavMesh in the PlayerMovment.cs script. Not sure how to though or if this is correct.

18. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

And where is player.MoveAlongPoints ? Can't seem to find it..

19. Shywalker502

Shywalker502

Hi Chris,

I have tried to use the NEW ASSETS (Beta) with Adventure Creator and it has a few Script Conflicts. Global Naming mostly.
    These assets are planned to released later as a standard asset package.
    Maybe you could look into it.

Great Asset (Adventure Creator) by the way!

20. Le_Foosh

Le_Foosh

Nope, tried that and doesnt seem to make a difference as I'd only want to swap out a couple of the options to make it a new 'player' as such so that I can wander around in different outfits.

This seems like a pretty essential part of adventure games, being able to change costume and / or play as other characters so hopefully theres a way to do it!

I'll drop Chris a line, see what he comes back with!

21. ChrisIceBox

ChrisIceBox

With the current workflow, you would simply extend the NavMesh further away from the camera (descending and ascending again to match the suggested hill), and use the SortingMap to show the ParkGround sprite on top of the Player sprite when he's "physically" behind it.

I am familiar with AGS's workflow - I developed a commercial game with it, and I do see the advantages of working in this way. But to take your example, I'm not sure that even AGS can do this, since walkable areas of different "zoom" can't overlap, unless you manually overrode the zoom level each frame.

That said, I am willing to investigate this, but - having already published and made tutorial videos on the current system - it'll be provided as an optional extra. I will have to think about how best to go about it - perhaps a "2D top-down" option in the Camera Perspective setting. Please allow me time to do this properly - I will likely post progress for feedback as I go.

If I manage the new top-down mode this won't be an issue for you, but for the record: you can just change the GameCamera2D's horizontal offset value to pan sideways as you build your NavMesh, rather than change it's size or move it in 3D space.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of this? I'm having trouble visualising the problem.

2d sprite characters can be easily changed using the Character: Animate action and using the Set Standard method to change their Walk, Idle, Run etc animations.

Don't try to change Managers mid-game! It'll screw up your game. The Manager Package asset is simply to aid in switching between the various demos and your own game.

I am working on extending the MenuInput element to simulate axes, as well as buttons. That should help you.

Not currently. Try adding a simple script with DontDestroyOnLoad written inside the Awake field to the music object.

I've replied to these in an email.

Thanks for the heads-up!

22. God-at-play

God-at-play

Dang, that's too bad. Would you be able to improve the variables manager some time soon? In a full game that's supposed to last a couple hours or more, I could see having a couple hundred variables. We're shooting for 90-120 minutes with ours and I expect to have about that many by the end.

Specifically, it'd be nice to be able to group them into folders with expanding/collapsing, and rearrange the folders so you could move the one you're currently working with to the top. Some interface similar to ActionList in the inspector would actually be fine, it has both those things already. :)

23. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Chris I just sent you another email about the jumping for players. Still Very Very stuck on this issue. Hope you can help me out with it.

Update: I fixed it. It was an entirely different code error.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  24. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

LoL now that I have jumping working, I see the need for a Y axis movement option on the game camera script. By the way, I can't see any difference in TargetX and Sidescroller in that script.

25. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

How would I use a 2d toolkit mesh collider as a nav mesh?

The Geometry collider on 2D Toolkit sprites are totally ignored by the Player

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  26. Shywalker502

Shywalker502

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update!

While playing around with the Sample Assets (beta) I get 12 warnings in console. I know these assets are still in beta but I thought I would post the warnings for you. This is a Post Import of Sample Assets into AC Assets and a Post Import of AC Assets into Sample Assets. Both have same results.

12 Warnings;

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(87,32): error CS1061: Type `Button' does not contain a definition for `isDisabled' and no extension method `isDisabled' of type `Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(91,32): error CS1061: Type `Button' does not contain a definition for `isDisabled' and no extension method `isDisabled' of type `Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(116,179): error CS1061: Type `Button' does not contain a definition for `iconID' and no extension method `iconID' of type `Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(116,156): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `CursorManager.GetLabelFromID(int)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(116,156): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `int'

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(116,67): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `System.Collections.Generic.List<string>.Add(string)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(116,67): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `string'

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(134,176): error CS1061: Type `Button' does not contain a definition for `invID' and no extension method `invID' of type `Button' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(134,159): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `InventoryManager.GetLabel(int)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(134,159): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `int'

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(134,67): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `System.Collections.Generic.List<string>.Add(string)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionInteraction.cs(134,67): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `string'

Hope this helps for future debugging.

27. Shapeforms

Shapeforms

Thanks for looking into this :)

Works great! I completely overlooked that – apologies.

I've attached an annotated image illustrating the issue (it's quite large, sorry), and a workaround which unfortunately isn't viable due to an issue with 1.22's 'ignore gravity' option, where a character won't walk back down sloped collision once it's reached the top – unless there's a setting elsewhere I should enable/disable for this to work?

Click link below to view NavMesh perspective horizon issue
    $adv_creator_navmesh_horizon.jpg

Hope this helps, and thanks again for looking into an improved 2D navigation workflow.

28. Shapeforms

Shapeforms

(If the above image link doesn't work, right-clicking 'View Image' should – I've had some issues getting it to show properly) :(

29. ChrisIceBox

ChrisIceBox

OK, 1.22 is out. Changelog in the first post, but the biggest new features are:

• Third Person camera: Lots of settings for a camera that follows the player, and can be moved through user input. Find it in the Scene Manager prefab list when making a 3D game.
    • New action: Hotspot: Change interaction. Use to enable and disable individual Interactions on a Hotspot.
    • New action: Character: NPC follow.
    • String variables, menu transitions, and more!

Would a filter-by-name box do the job? ie. group variables by name (Act1_PullLever), then show all Act 1 variables by typing "Act1" into the box. I'd like to have a workaround that doesn't clog up the interface for those that don't need such complexity.

Sorry, but you can't use a 2DToolkit as a NavMesh, since it requires a "built in" Unity collider.

Thanks, I figured it was the Button class - should've changed that already. This should be fixable by adding "using AC;" to the top of the ActionInteraction script.

Thanks for the detailed graphic - really helps to clear things up.

You can use the same "camera panning" technique to get the horizon higher - raise the camera, align the navmesh with the top of the grass, then lower the camera's vertical offset. As for the gravity issue, don't click Ignore gravity, choose the other option to Freeze when Idle.

30. adventurefan

adventurefan

Nice, this is great stuff! Thanks for the update. Can't wait to try out the third person cam mode.

31. God-at-play

God-at-play

Actually, yeah, that'd be great, thanks :) Would it work like other windows where it filters as you type? That would be very nice, and I like that approach, too.

32. Darkin20

Darkin20

First off, I am new to Unity so please be gentle. I am following the tutorial videos and have noticed that things are a little different than with the current version. I have figured out the changes to the cursor but I can't seem to get any text to show either when hovering over hotspots or speech. Also noticed that when adding the item to the inventory in tutorial 10, the inventory does not show up anywhere. I am pretty sure it is all related to the new menu system but can't figure out how to use it properly.

(I did manage to show the sword item when picked up but it shows on the entire screen and won't go away and I can't seem to move it so that did not work at all. But at least I am on the right track?)

Can someone please step me through this new addition? Speech? Hotspot Labels? Showing the inventory?

33. Le_Foosh

Le_Foosh

@Darkin - I think there's a bug in the latest update as all of my subtitles are no longer displaying!

Will email Chris so that he is aware,

Kris

34. adventurefan

adventurefan

Been there. It's just that some of your managers aren't assigned. The demo basement scene already has finished ones for inventory and menus, put those in your slots and you'll get all the missing GUI and subtitles.

35. Le_Foosh

Le_Foosh

Also, if you're having trouble with the subtitles as I was, unclick 'scroll subtitles' in the speech manager, that sorted it out for me!

36. Darkin20

Darkin20

Updated to the lates 1.22 and inport the existing demo menus and everything seems to be working fine now, thanks :)

37. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

Was just wondering if you were planning to have a sale on the asset at any point or does Unity decide that? $70 is already a great deal, but unfortunately it currently may be a bit out of my budget.

38. God-at-play

God-at-play

Does anyone know if there's a way to make an ActionList (like a Cutscene) continue to do a variable check action until it's true? Basically I want an if statement in an update loop. The only existing way I can think is to run the same cutscene again if not true, which seems a bit dangerous.

The easiest way would be to add a "Wait" option in the variable check action's condition not met.

BTW the changelog to 1.22 looks great, thanks Chris :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  39. Shapeforms

Shapeforms

Thanks Chris, that works perfectly.

Happy to see NPC follow in the latest update, too – had been hoping for something like that! :)

40. adventurefan

adventurefan

Maybe by using the timer at the top of cutscenes you can pull it off? There's a start delay setting.

You can do interesting things connecting multiple cutscenes in a loop. For example add 1 second delay to the second cutscene, and the last event of it can run the first one again. Then you can make a system that loops and has delays. :D

41. Amanecer

Amanecer

First I got to say, thank you so much for this great asset!

(SOLVED) My problem is this; When I create 2d character, he does not animate in the game. The character "plane" just slides around to clicked location. I have tried following the "2d camera"- and "2d character" tutorials twice now, in case I missed something but both times I've ran into same problem :p

Am I missing something obvious? :)

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I found the reason :) In the Animated sprite, under the part "tk2d sprite animator script" -component, I had some default unity animation selected in Anim Lib. Thank you anyways!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  42. thanhle

thanhle

my ideas want make adventure creator for my big game end use playmaker for some minigame in a big game .... so i want to know Adventure Creator friendly with playmaker ?

43. God-at-play

God-at-play

Usability request:
    When creating new AC objects like a Cutscene or Interaction or Marker or anything really, it uses a prefab and instantiates it in the scene. However, the prefab connection is maintained. It's very habitual to Apply prefab changes after making them, which of course would overwrite a stock prefab. Instead, I think the prefab connection should be broken with PrefabUtility.DisconnectPrefabInstance() when the object is instantiated. Not only does it help prevent the instinctual Apply of changes, but it's also clearer feedback to the AC user: this object is in fact a unique one that's not currently managed by the prefab system.

They are compatible with each other, and there's an action that can send a message to PM, but that's basically it at this point. No pulling of variables from PM, so you'll probably want to be intentional about how both communicate with each other. For example, you should probably manage all your variables in one or the other.

44. God-at-play

God-at-play

Upon further inspection, it doesn't seem like ActionLists are properly being serialized into a prefab? Every time I try to create a prefab, the actual choice of action and its references are not saved. I swear this was working earlier...

Since then, someone else accidentally clicked "Apply" to a Cutscene and committed it, so it overwrite the default prefab. However, even other ActionList objects are like this, including Interactions and Triggers. Halp!

EDIT:
    Testing with another separate project confirms this, ActionLists aren't remembered as prefabs! That is now my #1 request, as it's basically a showstopper for using AC with teams.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  45. God-at-play

God-at-play

Cutscenes, Interactions, and other ActionLists not getting saved as prefabs seems to revolve around the fact that an Action is a ScriptableObject instead of a MonoBehaviour. That's why creating a prefab saves the number of Actions (ActionList is a MonoBehaviour) but not the contents of each Action. As mentioned here in the post and comments, the solution is to either use MonoBehaviours or to jump through a bunch of annoying hoops:
    http://www.codingjargames.com/blog/2012/11/30/advanced-unity-serialization/

This is also why duplicating ActionLists causes so many problems.

46. Shywalker502

Shywalker502

Hi Chris,

Is it possible to have a HotspotMeshCollider script that can be dragged and dropped onto a mesh object and have the same functions as the standard Hotspot BoxCollider Script?

This would eliminate the need to scale, rotate, and move the hotspot.

I have a body mesh which has 12 mesh objects Head, Hands,Torso etc... A HotspotMesh would be perfect for this. (imo)

Thanks.

Frank

EDIT: I made this work but there is a Yellow Box that is placed without a collider at the base and gets visually in the way if you have a lot of mesh hotspots.

47. God-at-play

God-at-play

Upgraded to 1.22, thanks for the good work here :) Among other things, I appreciate canceling path navigation after starting mouse input.

One thing I've been trying to do regarding the input setup is implement interacting with the world on a mouse UP single-click instead of a mouse down. I've always found that more usable, since you could hold down to wait to commit to your choice. Using look-dragging, it's specifically a bug, though, since starting a drag might accidentally select a hotspot that moves the character.

I've tried changing code to address this as minimally as possible using a combination of PlayerInput, PlayerMovement, and PlayerInteraction, but I'm afraid I don't know the codebase well enough at this point to switch how that works. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I wanted to report that head-bobbing happens when you're look-dragging around - and not moving, haha.

48. adventurefan

adventurefan

Yes support was added recently. There's an event to use to call playmaker stuff, and I'm messing with it right now and it works fine.

I have a question for people, anyone using mecanim? Obviously AC is set up for legacy animation right now, but if you have Playmaker or can code a little you can control mecanim stuff perfectly fine in an AC scene anyway.

Problem is I can do it for animations in one spot but I'm not sure how to make the mecanim walk/run during NPC scripted movements. Anyone could advise me on that I'd really appreciate it

edit: Yeah I can't really figure that one out. I'll just stick with legacy anim to avoid problems then.

49. deroesi

deroesi

Hi!

I'm trying to create a monkey island (old classic) interface... is it possible to set "use","look at",etc. manually (instead of cycling through them)? I already tried to create a script but failed so far (unity n00b).. any help/directions are highly appreciated! thanks!

50. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

So I have a few Daikon Forge GUIs as well as the one you provide. The issue is rays are shooting through those GUI's and hitting the Nave Mesh. The Daikon people have a command to tell me if I am over one of their GUI's, But I need a way to tell Adventure Creator to ignore the rays at that point.

*I figured a way to do it.*

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014