Search Unity

Advanced Spawn Manager: Dynamic Skill Based Spawning

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LaireonGames, Nov 1, 2015.

1. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Welcome to the forums for the Advanced Spawn Manager. This toolkit helps you tweak your games performance according to the players skills to give skilled players more of a challenge and begginers an easier time.

The toolkit also includes some of our other assets:
    Linked Values Balancing Tool: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/39624
    Parallax Space Background: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/32878

Asset Store Link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/26875

Overview Summary:
    Can customise almost any aspect of your spawning to match skill. Some examples are:
    Spawning harder or easier enemies as needed
    Spawning more of one type of enemy as the player gets better and less of another
    Changing your own variables such as the health, defence or speed of enemies by reading a custom value property that changes dynamically according to your skill rules.

Allows you to handle the spawning of your game using all visual tools such as custom inspectors and windows.

Can spawn combinations of waves or infinite arena style spawning. Also contains flags for pausing, stopping and examples of resuming waves.

All instructions are calculated on initialisation to create a co-routine queue rather than constantly pooling to see if something needs spawned. Simply put its really fast.

The placement manager lets you easily create visual spawn points.

The Linked Values tool allows you to link spawning values together. This way you can very simply tweak one waves spawn chance and it will automatically reduce the chances of other waves spawning. (This tool can also be used to link and tweak your games other values such as gold reward over each wave)

Overview Video:

For more videos I have created a playlist here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...wuDTbe5v7Z&jct=hHSAy4ZgV0vq3-FB_fGqj3U8_1LNdQ

Any issues feel free to post them here or to email support@K2Games.co.uk

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Version 2.0 has gone live over the weekend, it includes a copy of the linked values balancing tool to help tweak the spawn percentages of waves :)

Linked Values Tutorial:

3. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

This seems to be interesting and well done, and you can configure to have waves or infinite spawn and make them according to the player skills so you spawn enemies or objects according to experience the player may have as shown well on the demo scene available.

And there are many Youtube videos to learn about it, that is useful

Will see more about it and see how it works

I think that this thread will be better if you could explain and show WHY you should choose and buy this Advanced Spawn Manager versus the others available, what makes it different and special

Also could be put the links to the videos available on the asset store also here in the thread

Best wishes

4. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Hey SpaceRay,

Thanks for the kind words and feedback! Fair point about the thread I admit I have been a bit distracted lately with other assets but I plan to update this thread a bit over this week. I always find it confusing since to me the forums are for support but you are certainly right that for Unity the first post always seems to be oriented about selling the product.

Hope you like the tool and of course any questions feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers!
    Jason

5. BigDill

BigDill

Hi there,
    Was wondering if Spawn Manager is supported on the latest Unity release 2020? Also I use a pool manager from pathological do you think it will be easy to integrate?

Thank you.
    Dan

6. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Hey Dan,

Just imported it with 2018.4 with no issues (basic example scene had a bug but the main scene is fine). Don't see why it wouldn't import to 2020.

As for using the 3rd party asset for pooling it should be no issue. The method for spawning an enemy is one line and its a virtual one so you can either replace the line or override it in your enemy class very easily.

7. BigDill

BigDill

Hi There,
    Thanks for responding so quickly. My apologies, I did not see in the description that your spawn manager includes its own object pooling so no need for an external solution. I think I will buy this asset because it looks a good fit for a space shooter I am working on.

Thanks
    Dan

LaireonGames likes this.
  8. BigDill

BigDill

One last question :)

In your video you mention a Pro version of Advanced Spawn Manager. I can only see one version on Unity asset store which does not mention Pro? Can you advise?

Thanks
    Dan

9. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

I used to have a free version and a paid version. I Think I discontinued the free version in the end and now its just the paid version. Been a few years now so I struggle to remember!

10. BigDill

BigDill

Hi there,
    I bought Advanced Spawn Manager but I am having some difficulties. I did try to send an email to the documented email address but it bounced. What email should I use for support questions?

Thanks
    Dan

11. LaireonGames

LaireonGames