Search Unity

Advanced Inventory System 3.2 [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by slkjdfv, Nov 18, 2013.

1. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

3.3 Equipment System Editor Progress Video 3 is now up!
    [video=youtube_share;vZ1Y1kuvl9g]http://youtu.be/vZ1Y1kuvl9g

Welcome to Advanced Inventory System 3.2. I'm constantly working on this system to make it better and more efficient for the user. With this system you can easily add shops, chests, crafting and inventories to your game. The custom editors make it easy to set every thing up and build your game faster. Version 3.2 includes a redesigned inventory system that allows items to take up more than one slot in the players inventory. See the features list for more details. I also improved upon the bags allowing them to contain other bags essentially creating a limitless storage of items.

Cost -> $30USD

Store Link : http://digitaleggstudios.webs.com/advanced-inventory-system-3

Version 3.2 is vastly different from its previous versions.
    Features include :
    • Grid Style Inventory System(Items can take up more than one cell)
    • Equipment System
    • Basic Stats System
    • Crafting
    • Shops
    • Chests
    • Autobuild for item prefabs at the click of a button
    • Extendable via plugins
    • 3D item preview in inventory(Pro Only)
    • Bags
    • Source Included

3.3 comming soon...

3.3 video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0NEgNDhbXc

New progress video is up on my clothing part of the system. Through some scripting and some very crappy modeling/rigging I got a prototype to work.

3.3 Equipment System Editor Progress Video 1

3.3 Equipment System Editor Progress Video 2
    [video=youtube_share;MxAcN61oaBI]http://youtu.be/MxAcN61oaBI

3.3 clothing prototype video

new features -
    • Equipped armor and weapons show on player
    • Items effect more than one stat when used or equipped
    • customizable stats system
    • customizable equipment system
    • Auto build 3D Item Previews at the press of a button
    • Auto build Armor and weapons at the press of the button.
    • Stats display system

In 3.3 you will use 2 3D models for your character one for the item when it's in the world sitting around and one for when it's equipped on the player. An example set of armor will be included in the package and will have instructions in the documentation on how to create your own.

Screen Shots for 3.2... (Click on it to view whole image)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

3. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

4. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

5. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

6. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

how is this not getting any interest? is it my post title?

7. SDD707

SDD707

I think it is more to do with the lack of it being available on the asset store, and that there is no webplayer demo, but personally I think it looks interesting and will be purchasing soon

8. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

I have clicked on this thread every time it has shown up in new posts so title is fine.

For me it is definitely the lack of Asset Store purchase and demo. Getting updated assets when not purchased through the store has proved too problematic in my personal experience. Also price seems too high even discounted when there are several competing assets on the store and even full RPG systems for less. Now yours may well be the best but hard to tell. I did try and watch the video but the poor sound quality put me off.

9. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Thank you both for the input. I'm going to remake the tech video as that one is from 3.0 and 3.2 has more features. I'm trying to get it approved for the asset store right now.

10. treshold

treshold

At least there should be picture of all the mentioned features and +1 for the web player demo. I have browsed through lot of inventory systems lately from asset store and this appeals me most since items can take more than 1 slot in inventory :D well 30$ let's see :)

11. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

12. treshold

treshold

How do we update 3.2 to 3.3? Do you send download-links for update?

13. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

yes, when it's released I'll send it out to people who have 3.2

14. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

So I'm almost done testing this new feature coming to AIS 3.3 that will allow equipped items such as armor or weapons to be shown on the player. I'm going to add 3 different armor sets to the system as well as more weapons.

15. treshold

treshold

Thanks,

I was thinking of few feature requests:
    Is it possible to implement bag function to external containers like chests. Like somekinda container -script which you could easily add to objects and those would function same as opening bag in inventory?
    Also I was thinking of possibility to add extra variable like to item stat editor like item size value integer
    and bag-items have value "can hold maximum item size value of"
    So then you could easily create different size "bags" like small purses that could hold props with low item size values and
    and then backpacks etc that can hold "bigger" items and it could easily control bag in a bag in a bag in bag -situation.

And by size I don't mean slot amount in inventory but easy system to define what kind of items different bags can hold.

Also if there could be equipment sheet editor and possibility to add different bag slots / custom slots to equipment sheet?

One extra thing I was thinking of is to have create random item -script to containers so you could add easily lootable container prefabs that have different stuff without manual work.

I know inventory systems are just ground work that users customize but comparing to other inventory systems on the market it would be really cool to offer something different and unique.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  16. RayWolf

RayWolf

looks nice, will keep this asset in mind here. I bought alot inventory related stuff in the unity asset store, still dont know which one is more worth then another lol. Anyway its great to have another one to compare with!

best regards!

17. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

@treshold

I will be including 2 chest examples with the system, one that has a bag like inventory and one that doesn't. You want a size value as well as cell values? I can take a look into that as an option for you. In 3.3 equipment IS customizable you can add and remove equipment. As for the sheet editor I assume you mean a visual editor for the equipment window? If that's the case then the way I have my system setup it's completely possible for me to do that for you. As far as random chests go that's fairly easy I can add a feature to the chest where you choose what items the chest can have and at the start of the game it can choose how many items it has and what items to take. Thank you for your input I hope this message helps.

18. treshold

treshold

Yeah visual editor for equipment window would be great but I manage without it.
    All the stuff sounds awesome.! can't wait to start fiddlin' with 3.3 :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  19. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I am currently looking for 3D modelers, texture artists and riggers to help assist me with my displayable equipment. Any one interested in helping out let me know via PM thank you.

20. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

New progress video is up on my clothing part of the system. Through some scripting and some very crappy modeling/rigging I got a prototype to work.

21. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

22. treshold

treshold

Have you seen Arteria3D's One Base Male-kit for unity?

It has quite variety of different clothing on character and could be used for displaying how your system works.
    I bought it and will use with 3.3 when it's released :)

23. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I have seen this and would love to add this however I do not have that much money at the moment. My system will work with this without any extra code from the user. My system however does not require the different armors and stuff to be initially attached I have a script that will attach it. If people send me donations on my site and I get enough money I will incorporate this into my system. For each donation up to the dollar amount it takes to buy this I will give away a copy of this system for free to each person who donates. Arteria3D's One Base Male-kit is currently one sale for $77 but it looks like the sale ends tomorrow and it goes back to $155. My website is - DigitalEggStudios.webs.com. Thanks every one for your support.

24. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

25. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

26. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

27. treshold

treshold

28. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Thanks, I'm working as hard as I can to get this system working properly. The next update to that demo will include more clothing options, not sure when I'll release the it tho.

29. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Hey sorry I haven't posted in awhile I found out a few days ago my work is closing so I've been filling out job apps. Here's my recent progress on the system. This video is about the equipment system editor.

30. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Equipment editor now supports different size equipment cells. Also equipment preview window now shows the currently selected GUI skin.

31. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

32. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

33. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Equipment System Editor progress update :D
    Made the layout more friendly and add new features.
    Enjoy
    [video=youtube_share;MxAcN61oaBI]http://youtu.be/MxAcN61oaBI

34. treshold

treshold

Nice progress! Sorry to hear about your job :/

35. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Thank you treshold.
    3.3 Equipment System Editor Progress Video 3 is now up for viewing...
    [video=youtube_share;vZ1Y1kuvl9g]http://youtu.be/vZ1Y1kuvl9g

36. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

3.3 is finished. I'm just writing the documentation and fixing some bugs then I'll submit it to the asset store. Also I made it easier to create your own tabs for the database editor.

37. treshold

treshold

Awesome news! :) Did you see UMA (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/13930) has been officially released :) could easen a lot of displaying stuff on character :)

38. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

No i didn't. But I can pry include this in the next major update.

39. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

Curious if you ever intend to create a grid based crafting system to go along with your grid based inventory. I have a tps project in the works and I was about to start work on my own inventory/crafting system until I found your asset. You have done everything i needed already (and some stuff I wont use) except for the crafting system I would like to have.

Basically I would like the player to drag items into the crafting area (a la minecraft) and then press the craft button to get the finished item.

An example would be reloading bullets into a clip. Player would place 6 bullets into the crafting area and an empty clip (shape doesn't matter) and hit craft. After a few seconds they would get a loaded clip that they can then use in their gun.

We are making a unique survival horror game that puts an emphasis on planning ahead of time and has a (more) realistic weapon reloading system (no magic clip reloading).

I assume we could use your current system but I would really love a grid based variant for gameplay reasons.

BTW, once you get on the asset store you will likely get a lot more attention. I have been looking at crafting systems for months and only just today found yours.

40. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

All that would need to be done is to make a plugin for it. Version 1.x had a minecraft like crafting system but the custom editor for it was non-existent and it was hard for users to set up without that editor. That's why I switched over to a list version. as it's easier to create and use. I can write a grid crafting system and add it to the system for you. It's just more scripts I need to comment and write lol.

41. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

That would be awesome! Any eta on the asset hitting the store?

Also, i will second looking into UMA. If what they are presenting is the real deal then we may have a game changer on our hands. The 3d model section of the asset store will likely be flooded with UMA content for sale by this time next year (see skyrim armor modding or Daz3d for an example of what I see coming for UMA)

42. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I'm 90% done commenting and writing the documentation. So I'm hoping to release it soon. I just started classes and an new job so my time to work on this has slowed sadly. But I'm doing the best I can. It's not easy being a lone developer lol

43. Therian13

Therian13

I just bought your 3.2 and it looks nothing like what you are showing such as using the crafting table in your video compared to using it in the demo you made. In fact, using the demo gives the error GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)" when you try to use the craft table.
    There are also no tutorials or read me files, so how to set it up and edit it is currently impossible. (I've been tinkering with it for about 2 hours now and still cant figure out how to get an item made or to craft something.

I'm a little frustrated I just spend $30 and there is not even a basic read me file.

44. Therian13

Therian13

I'm referring to the video on your website Digital Egg Studios... http://digitaleggstudios.webs.com/advanced-inventory-system-3

45. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

The video shows 3.3 not 3.2 and I stated that, The video at the bottom of the site is the old tech video and is also labeled as such. I can send you 3.3 but It wont have finished documentation. The system is 100% done. It's the documentation that's slowing me down. So if you want 3.3 with unfinished documentation I can give you that.

46. Therian13

Therian13

I would prefer to have the documents so I could know how to edit the inventory and such, about how long will it be until they are finished? I saw you were almost done with them about a week ago. I understand the frustration of being lone developer since I am one myself. I was just a little irked that I bought a product and felt it wasn't what was represented on your site (in fact, there are no videos I can find that show the 3.2 on your site). I will try to be patient and wait for the 3.3 version to come out if it isn't too far off.

47. Therian13

Therian13

I have decided that I will not wait for the next update to learn how to use the system since I feel the current one is misrepresented and incomplete. I have sent an email via paypal talking about a refund. You should receive the email from them soon. I apologize for having to do this, but I feel that I did not get my money's worth for the $30 I paid.

48. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

We'll I'm sorry you feel that way. And the documentation only covers the scripts and there functions. As for using the system such as the inventory editor is very straight forward. You only need the documentation if you plan on modding the system.

49. Therian13

Therian13

Its OK. I guess I just pictured something else. Thank you for the refund, and good luck with the new update.

50. Hrothvitnir

Hrothvitnir

Hopefully you are still working on this! (I see its been ~2 months since your last post) I really need an inventory system where items can take up more than one grid space, and so far as I can tell yours is the only one.

I don't know if you already have this implemented, but if not, please also add the ability to "rotate" selected items 90 degrees during play (for example if you have a 1x2 item, it should then fit into a 2x1 grid space).

Those two features are a must have for me and I'd pay extra for it (I don't really have time to do it myself).