Search Unity

Ads in portrait mode

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by nemesis06101986, Dec 14, 2014.

1. nemesis06101986

nemesis06101986

Hi, I have a mobile game that works on portrait mode, however when the ads show up they are always in landscape. I've noticed that if I turn the phone from portrait to landscape and then back to portrait, the ads switches to portrait, but I would like them to show in portrait mode right away.

Is there anyway to force this to happen?

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Yes, you can enable the option to "change video orientation according to device."
    1. Log into the Unity Ads Admin
    2. Select your game profile
    3. Select the Monetization Settings tab
    4. Select the Show Advanced Settings button
    5. Select the Settings button for the zone you are using
    6. Check the box under the Options section to enable
    Also make sure you're using the latest version of the Unity Ads asset package. If you need to upgrade, be sure to remove any assets from previous versions of the asset package from your project before importing the latest.

Attached Files:

whiteaeris and iRperson like this.
  3. nemesis06101986

nemesis06101986

Perfect. Thanks for such a detailed answer!

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  4. Christop

Christop

Hi
    just for clarification, what folders/files do you have to delete in order to remove the old UnityAds plugin as you mentioned in your previous answer, in order to install a new UnityAds version?

Thanks

5. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

The files and locations have changed a bit between versions. With the latest version, we made an effort to make the file structure more project friendly, also making it JavaScript compatible by placing it in Standard Assets.

Through past versions, these assets were typically located within Plugins, Editor, and UnityAds directories within your project. The native libraries are still located in Plugins/iOS and Plugins/Android.

As reference, the attached screenshot shows a new Unity project containing the latest Unity Ads assets.

Attached Files:

6. whiteaeris

whiteaeris

thanks men, and actualize pls!! :D