Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ad system that works across all platforms? desktop and mobile?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BusyRobot, Oct 8, 2015.

1. BusyRobot

BusyRobot

I want to have a system in my game where players can choose to turn on ads or not. I want that to work across all platforms, whether it's desktop or mobile, is there an ad system I can use in the game that works across all platforms?

Failing that, is there an iAP system that works across all platforms?

2. jerotas

jerotas

For both of those, you normally need to buy a different version of the plugin per platform, i.e. iOS / Android / Windows.

We use Prime31 for IAP, Neatplug for Facebook and notifications, and Heyzap for ads (free for iOS / Android).

Ryiah and theANMATOR2b like this.
  3. BusyRobot

BusyRobot

I'm using Soomla for everything on Mobile right now but wondered if there was a cross platform solution. Not sure if the offering from Unity will do that.

4. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry, no idea about Soomla. Many ad plugins come with Android and iOS in the same plugin.

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Desktop advertising is a completely different beast to mobile. I'm not aware of any decent ad platforms for desktop at all. Let alone ones that work cross platform.

6. darkhog

darkhog

I think Unity Ads and Unity IAP should be available on desktop. Ads, obviously could allow you to make ad-supported desktop games, which means good game for free while devs still earning enough to Don't Starve (see what I did there?) and IAP as it would make it easier for making item shop in desktop-based freemium titles.

Unity itself is multiplatform, why those services can't?

7. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

People won't pay to put ads on those platforms I imagine.

8. darkhog

darkhog

They will. Unity just need to get some of the same advertisers that apps like Spotify, YT, etc. are using - those would pay, I imagine.