Search Unity

Active stereoscopic is not working in 5.3.1p1

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by VeTaL, Jan 27, 2016.

1. VeTaL

VeTaL

Hi,

I've got a monitor and a glasses that supports nVidia vision 2, set everything up and ready to jump into a stereoscopic world.
    I'd found some compiled samples ( viking's village at https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/821850/3d-vision/unity-5-amp-3d-vision/1/ and plugin demo at https://dembeta.repositoryhosting.com/trac/dembeta_active-stereoscopic-3d) and they both run perfectly on my PC.

However, when i'm trying to make compile own scene, i see just a blue screen.
    Color space is set to gamma, and Stereoscopic rendering is enabled, but if to check a Stereo 3D checkbox while running a compiled project, i can see only a blue screen (not even a skybox). If not to check that checkbox, i can see a scene properly, but obviously without stereo rendering.

Any suggestions?

2. VeTaL

VeTaL

After playing with different Unity versions, i had figured out that in 5.2.3p2 i can see a skybox in stereo mode. However, it seems that camera is flying forward at the high speed 0_0. In mono mode, camera stays on its place, but ofc no stereo.

3. VeTaL

VeTaL

4. VeTaL

VeTaL

Here's what i got in 5.2.3p2. Same level, but run with and without Stereo.

Stereo mode:

Mono mode:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  5. VeTaL

VeTaL

Okay, after i created a new project in 5.2.3p1, i got stereo works, however i still have no idea what causes stereo not to work in 5.3.1p1, probably will check it again.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  6. mikewarren

mikewarren

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same or similar problem in 5.3.4.

If I build with stereoscopic support in the free version, I don't see anything. However, if I build the same project in mono (no stereoscopic) OR I activate a Pro license, it seems to work.

7. cwoh

cwoh

Hello !

I had about the same problem, i switched to Exclusive Fullscreen Modus and it works.

8. mikewarren

mikewarren

FYI, I can get stereo to work if I add -vrmode stereo to the command line manually. (5.3.5)

Seems like a bug to me.