Search Unity

Fear into the trigger

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by massiwo, Nov 29, 2015.

1. massiwo

massiwo

Hi eveybody,

I'm working on a horror game and i'm blocked on a script...

Hum... I do not know where to start. To be simple, i try to do a script which activate what i want when a game object enter into a area/trigger. For example, when i say "what i want" i mean : "display an UI Text" or "play a sound" or "move a game object", etc.

I thought to make a script for each action and a global script that calls these scripts depending on what I need to do (sound, movement, etc.). But it may do a lot of independent script and as a developer I try to make that the most dynamic possible, to be reused.

Do you see what i try to do ?

Sorry if my english is bad, i'm a french developer ;)

2. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

look up "unityevent"

Kiwasi likes this.
  3. massiwo

massiwo

I already searched this problem, but i came upon codes which explain "the syntax of a trigger function". This is not what I want...

This not the content of the code for each script than i want, it is just a help into development logic and have a dynamic code.

In other words, without writing the complete code, for exemple, how would you have done to create a script that : moves a gameobject, activates a sound and destroy the gameobject once the ride finished, simultaneously.

Should i create a script for each of his actions and a "global script" attached on the gameobject which use the needed actions ?
    Or an other solution, more simple and more beautiful ?

I don't know if i explain well...

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

look up "unityevent"

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  5. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Define a UnityEvent event in your activator script.

Code (CSharp):
    2. using UnityEngine.Events;
    4. public UnityEvent ObjectTriggered;
    Then in you can raise an event when required like so:

Code (CSharp):
    1. void SomethingTriggeredMe () {
    2.         ObjectTriggered.Invoke();
    3.     }
    Your other scripts can subscribe to this like so, they will need a reference to your trigger object:

Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnEnable()
    2.     {
    3.         myTriggerObject.ObjectTriggered.AddListener(OnObjectWasTriggered);
    4.     }
    6.     void DisableEnable()
    7.     {
    8.         myTriggerObject.ObjectTriggered.RemoveListener(OnObjectWasTriggered);
    9.     }
    11.     // This is where you would implement code in response to your trigger object being 'triggered'
    12.     void OnObjectWasTriggered()
    13.     {
    14.         Debug.Log ("The object was triggered");
    15.     }
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  6. massiwo

massiwo

Ok, thanks for this helps.
    i m going to try this

Confirm me :
    So if i understand it, if i replace "SomethingTriggeredMe" by "OnTriggerEnter", the trigger object gonna call the "Invok" which execute the "OnObjectWasTriggered" in each others scripts ?