Search Unity

Accessing OnSceneGUI with EditorWindow in JS

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by winner1324, Sep 23, 2014.

1. winner1324

winner1324

I have been trying now to access OnSceneGUI() while using EditorWindow and nothing seems to be working. Everything I have looked at is in C# and converting it to JS just yields errors. I have tried SceneView.onSceneGUIDelegate += OnSceneGUI(); but it just give me the following error: Operator '+' cannot be used with left hand side of type 'function(UnityEditor.SceneView): void' and right hand side of type 'void'.

At this point I am willing to try anything. I really need it to be in JS. If I really need to I will convert to C#, but that is a last resort. Thanks in advance!

2. hpjohn

hpjohn

Why, theres little or no advantage to using js over c#, and some disadvantages.

Anyway :
    http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/intermediate/scripting/delegates
    Maybe you can wrap "OnSceneGUI();" into a variable, and add that, I can't test for myself atm

3. winner1324

winner1324

Thanks for the reply. I know very little C# and I do not have time right now to learn it. Its on my list of things to learn. As for wrapping OnSceneGUI() in a variable is something I did not think of. Will report back in a few minutes.

4. winner1324

winner1324