Search Unity

PC MMORTSS - ABD: A Beautiful Day (Steam Launch: Friday August 14th)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by GAMEnt, Jun 23, 2015.

1. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

Hello Unity Community,

LAUNCH WEEK! We launch this Friday, in exactly... 2 days, 6 hours from now. Exciting times for our team! Here is a link to our Steam Store page, look forward to seeing you all in ABD!

Steam Greenlight - We made it! We have a release date of August 14th, 2015 for our Early Access W.I.P. release.

Dev Blogs:
    Dev Blog 7/10/2015 Languages, Achievements, Characters & More *NEW*
    Dev Blog 7/3/2015 - Alpha Date(s) & More
    Dev Blog 6/29/2015 - F2P For U.S. Military Veterans
    Dev Blog 6/27/15 - New Trailer / Alpha Inbound

Be sure to use the Social Media Hashtag, #GAMEntVetsPlayFree and send this information to Veterans you may know, they get to have ABD completely free.

IndieDB
    Facebook
    Twitter

Game Info:
    ABD is an MMORTSS (Massively Multiplayer Online Real Time Survival Strategy) that spans from 100,000 B.C.E. to 245 B.C.E.. Play in this 24 hour, 7 days a week continuous environment to build your civilization, and fight exposure in the process. Work together or work alone, and task your minions to do your bidding while you're gone! Inspired by Gaming Epic's like Empire Earth, Age of Empires, Supreme Commander, and The Oregon Trail, you will embark on an epic journey for survival that spans the ages. As a player, you will contribute to the progression and stories that encompass the era, the era around you, and the direction of the game as time moves forward. It isn't one rain drop that initiates a flood, its many thousands.

•Anticipated Rating: M for Mature out the gate.
    •Post-Launch Agenda: E for Everyone version.
    •Free for US, UK, and German Military Veterans.

•24 hour, 7 days a week continuous map.
    •10,000+ Players Per Server.
    •100+ Square Kilometer Map.
    •Holiday Events
    •Units work while you're away.
    •Men, Women, and Children.
    •Historical accuracy emphasis.
    •Unique Technology system.
    •Unique Crafting and Equipment system.
    •Diverse Economy.
    •Full Dismemberment.
    •Many, many more features.

UI:

Screens:

Mad Love,
    -Robert Bonner
    ABD Producer
    G.A.M. Entertainment, LLC.
    IndieGoGo
    IndieDB
    Facebook
    Twitter

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  2. JoakimCarlsson

JoakimCarlsson

Pretty cool, i'm looking towards to see how you update this.
    Voted yes, and you should start a kickstarter if you haven't already.

Keep up the good work.

GAMEnt likes this.
  3. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

Thank you! At this stage we can use all the Yes votes we can get!

We have an IndieGoGo page here: http://igg.me/at/ABD

4. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

5. Serinx

Serinx

Hey this looks amazing, I was just thinking about how a game like this would be really awesome!

How do you plan to handle 10,000 players? will battles be broken into separates zones or servers or something?

Maybe I'm just not grasping the idea of the world but I can't imagine that many players, let alone all of their armies in 1 massive battle!

GAMEnt likes this.
  6. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

Thanks for the compliment! Be sure to tell your friends about us on Greenlight, we still need more Yes votes! We're working on the next trailer, shouldn't be very long now. Yes, the player battles are going to be rather impressive. I can't actually wrap my head around that scale either, so its going to be pretty mind blowing when we have that many people interacting. As for how we can handle it...

The Amazon Cloud is a remarkably powerful tool, but that's a trade secret so I've gotta' "shhh" about it. As soon as we get Greenlit we have a huge press packet to release, so once that happens you'll find out a lot more.

Thanks again for your interest!

7. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

I haven't seen anyone share our hashtag so that Veterans can see the game is free for them, which makes me pretty sad. If you own Twitter and Facebook, please use the hashtag #GAMEntVetsPlayFree

8. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

We've got some really crazy stuff to show off for Fridays trailer, hope to get you guys pretty excited.

9. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

The craziest thing about game development are the things that occur just before a major update, trailer, or large push. From bugs, to massive problems or delays - its crazy!

We've got everything taken care of for our upcoming trailer, coding is ready, visuals are ready, its a very nervous time. Trying to get new customers or peak peoples interest is wild, especially when you're let down by results. I'm happy to say that we're very much past the nervous stage, and more or less in the fixing bug stage. We've got a very stable build, and we're quite close to an Alpha release. Our projected release date is the 15th of July for our Alpha WIP release, but we might push that back to August 15th to polish off features. Either way, we're going to be opening up our Alpha as an Open Registration! You'll get to play ABD for any number of hours for FREE until we're feeling confident. Which we are, confident that is, so its very exciting.

We're about to gather footage, then we'll be updating this thread with the new trailer. Wish us luck, and for sure tell your friends about us on Steam so we can get some more yes votes.

Venryx likes this.
  10. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  11. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

12. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

#99 baby!

13. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

#21 on IndieDB!!

Venryx likes this.
  14. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

15. Venryx

Venryx

The dev blog page shows a "post awaiting authorization from admin to view" message.

16. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

It's been accepted - sorry about that. We also made Steam Greenlight last night!!

Venryx likes this.
  17. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

The Steamworks developer platform is very extensive, its surreal that we're going to be able to use Steam as a publishing platform. I wanted to thank everyone who participated!

We'll be gathering more information, screenshots, and generating a few new trailers as we get closer to our Steam launch on August 17th. If you would like to participate in the Alpha before we go live, we will be operating an Open Alpha as of August 1st, so go to www.GagAMaggotEnt.com and use our contact form at the bottom with the subject line, "Alpha Tester" if you're interested.

18. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

19. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

The UI System and Sub Systems are nearly complete!

20. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

WOW - I didn't realize the variety of flowers the cavemen had to choose from in there era. :)
    Looking good - I especially like seeing your progressive development schedule broken down on the indiegogo page.
    Very nice/friendly offer for the vets.
    Nice work.

21. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

Thank you!

22. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

Launch week! See you all on Steam!

23. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Is the Veteran discount applicable when purchasing through steam?

24. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

No, go to www.GagAMaggotEnt.com or our Greenlight page for details. I am manually doing Veterans. There is no discount, its free for Vets :).

25. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

Launch day. Aaaaghhh!! Scared, Steam is insane!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  26. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

A post mortem on this statement - later when you have time to breathe would be awesome for us who haven't experienced the insanity.

Hope you have a GREAT day GagAMaggot team.

Good luck

27. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

It was kind of a flat launch, our programmer decided to bounce for the weekend which he will have to explain himself on Monday. We had immediate server issues, and the game has been down all weekend. Job opening!!

28. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

29. carking1996

carking1996

Post the game in the Showcase forum, good screenshots, written post, will be a hit once that bug is fixed.

30. GAMEnt

GAMEnt

Thank you!