Search Unity

Fleet Harvester - Galactic Fleet Combat Simulator

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Caedicus, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Caedicus

Caedicus

Description:

Abaddon is a third-person space combat game where the player is trying to recruit a fleet to save his home planet. Starting out with a standard issue military fighter, he stumbles on to a space station called "The Hive" where people from all over the galaxy go to find mercenaries to do their dirty/shady/underground work. After completing enough missions by finding employers at "The Hive" he starts to accrue pilots and ships. As the player's fleet grows, the missions become more important and more dangerous. [Edit: This story is probably going to change.]

Features:
    • Easy-to-learn controls for mouse and keyboard
    • Space combat with large fleet battles
    • Player can choose to control any vehicle in the fleet at any time
    • Pilot small fighter ships to massive battlecruisers
    • Manage your fleet by arranging formations and choosing weapons for each ship
    • Weapons include kinetic/homing missiles and homing counter-measures

Demo:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8or2H2ftg1qZzlTUWpBTUNjSEk/view?usp=sharing

This demo is a prototype of one the very first basic missions you will have to do when starting out. Most of the graphics and effects are placeholders at the moment. But I'd like to hear your opinion about the gameplay! I will also get some screenshots up when I get the chance. Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. TRuoss

TRuoss

If i click any menu button nothing happens. the hovering works

3. Caedicus

Caedicus

That's a bug with unity and chrome. If you minimize then re-maixmize the browser window, or pull the tab out to a separate window it should work. Thanks for trying!

4. TRuoss

TRuoss

Yeah! to separate the tab did it. Good job, had fun to test it. Reminds me of the time i played freelancer. But plz remove those default NGUI graphics ;)

at first i thought i´m shooting where i´m pointing with the mouse, but i got it. feels a bit weird, because i know it the other way from freelancer, for example.

5. Caedicus

Caedicus

LOL, you aren't the first one to notice that! I definitely don't plan releasing the game until pretty much every asset is replaced by an artist. Thanks for playing!

6. Caedicus

Caedicus

Making some good progress! Here is a video of the current gameplay:

7. Caedicus

Caedicus

8. Caedicus

Caedicus