Search Unity

"A path to happiness- for young minds" An interactive book based on teachings of the Dalai Lama

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Boingbloed, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Boingbloed

Boingbloed

Hi!
    Here is the work in progress of a little interactive book that I have been working on.

http://jayceee.com/CLIENTS/pth/pth/pth.html

It is a based on ""A path to happiness- for young minds" a book based on teachings of the Dalai Lama that I have edited and illustrated, published by Hayhouse publishing.

It would be great to get some general feedback, and it would be also great if you could point me in the right direction with some questions I have:
    -I am hoping to release this for free as an iphone app, but would like to get some feedback first by putting it on the web: is there an easy way to secure that any browser displays it at the correct resolution/zoom factor?

Thanks

Christian Jelen

Some more info here:

http://jayceeefilmvfxnews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/a-path-to-happiness.html

Attached Files:

2. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

As far as the resolution of the player is concerned, I would recommend using the Player Settings to custom-tailor the resolution (for web, I personally favor 640x480, as that's most likely to fit in any viewport, including that of a netbook.)

Zoom is a harder problem to solve, but fortunately there are ways around that problem. The code referenced in the SO answer should go in the webpage with your webplayer code.

Boingbloed likes this.
  3. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Was looking forward to seeing this, but as soon as the Unity loading bar finishes, the screen stays white and nothing happens - Safari on Windows.

4. Boingbloed

Boingbloed

You just have to zoom out with your webbrowser and you'll see the GUI-That's exactly what I am struggeling with at the moment, trying to find a way to make any webbrowser starting up with a fixed 960x640 window and 100%.
    Any suggestions welcome...

5. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

You can change the CSS for the webplayer browser code to make the unity plugin be a fixed window size. there's likely threads about how to do that.