Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

A couple questions about an asset store publisher's account....

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Sam_Pr, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Sam_Pr

Sam_Pr

Okay I'm planning on posting some assets in the near future, but I have a problem. When I went to create a publisher's account I have to fill out these fields, and I just have a few questions about them.
    $prZEr6w.png
    Now for the questions;
    1: Can I change my name?
    2: I have no website....
    3: what are those picture boxes for?

Sorry for the random nooby questions, this is just my first time trying to sell something online. :p

Thanks for any answers guys!

2. Livvy

Livvy

3. Sam_Pr

Sam_Pr

That did show me some things, but it didn't show me if you can change your name on a later date, or what to do if you don't have a blog/devsite.

4. Livvy

Livvy

Sorry, I should have read your question properly. You can change those fields at a later date if you wish.

5. Sam_Pr

Sam_Pr

Okay thanks, does that mean I can just leave the site field blank or put a twitter account that has something to do with my assets in there?

Sorry for being a bother. d:

6. vexe

vexe

I'm going through the same thing actually - wondering about the site/url thing, since it's my first asset I don't have any.

7. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

1. You can change your name at a later date, but it's usually not recommended to do so. We did this when we rebranded from "Thinksquirrel Software" to "Thinksquirrel"
    2. A website is required - people need a way to contact you for support. If you're starting out, I would recommend setting up a Zendesk for 1 dollar a month for a one-stop support hub (you'll get a support email out of it too, which is also recommended for publishers to have).
    3. The images show up on your publisher page in the store. You can see an example here.

8. vexe

vexe

Thanks for the info @Thinksquirrel. But, if the url was just to provide a mean for feedback, can't I use an email?