Unity Community

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Demo has been updated. You can try to play with portals. It is not ready yet and can glitch a lot. Script that place portal in right point will be soon. Dont shoot to low, because you will fall through floor To grab object, hold E button
    Last edited by west131087; 10-26-2011 at 01:53 PM.

2. Location
    Hoofddorp (NL)
    Nice demo, my compliments!
    But I have some problems with the mouse.
    I prefer to have the cursor disappeared, so that I can completely focus on the crosshair.
    I use the Screen.lockCursor = true and it works fine for me.
    But, great job

3. Posts
    If Portal game wouldnt have already been made, your game would have amazing potential as seller

4. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CriTaG View Post
    Nice demo, my compliments!
    But I have some problems with the mouse.
    I prefer to have the cursor disappeared, so that I can completely focus on the crosshair.
    I use the Screen.lockCursor = true and it works fine for me.
    But, great job
    My fault. Now it's use lockCursor

Quote Originally Posted by janpec View Post
    If Portal game wouldnt have already been made, your game would have amazing potential as seller
    lol

5. Posts
    I made new video:

6. Location
    Florida
    That music made me laugh :P

7. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1424 View Post
    That music made me laugh :P
    Hehe This is random Jazz composition from YouTube music templates. I have chosen the shortest one

8. Location
    Mars (yep there's life, and Unity, on Mars)

9. Location
    neverland
    doing stuff like that is sure not an easy task.
    but it's a pity that people are investing time in things, that are senseless.
    The company VALVE has already exhausted all of the genre with portal2!
    pity about the time of talented scripters.

the only thing you can do is to put it in the asset store, for others who also won't finish a game with it.
    Antigollos

10. Posts
    I hate to ask, but I'm looking for the visual half of this effect for special effects like projecting a 3d view onto a wall. Would it be at all possible to get a clue about the relative math needed to get the view right?

Keep in mind, I'm not asking about the more advanced physics of relative motion, I need the relative positioning of the second camera and how it's displayed on the receiving texture/plane.

11. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Frost View Post
    I hate to ask, but I'm looking for the visual half of this effect for special effects like projecting a 3d view onto a wall. Would it be at all possible to get a clue about the relative math needed to get the view right?

Keep in mind, I'm not asking about the more advanced physics of relative motion, I need the relative positioning of the second camera and how it's displayed on the receiving texture/plane.
    Hi Foolish Frost. I need money for my project, so i decide to make a simple Portal package this weekends. You will be able to buy it from AssetStore, after unity team will aproove it. In this package you will see how to fluidly teleport objects through portals with keeping phisics works right. But there is no advanced collision part that disable collisions between object in portal, and colliders behind it (portal). Here is future DEMO.
    Last edited by west131087; 10-23-2011 at 09:10 PM.

12. Posts
    Cool. How much?

13. Posts
    I will give it for FREE to anyone, who could make attached project work with couple of shaders. The most important : standart "SelfIllum Bumped Specular Shader", "Diffuse shader", "SelfIllum Specular Shader" and to make work it on iOS. Also this changes would be include in next Portal Package build. Attached project i took here
    Attached Files
    Last edited by west131087; 10-23-2011 at 11:56 PM.

14. Posts
    Really sorry to say, but I can't help you on that level myself. I may need hel with 3d relative math for viewing windows, but I know next to nothing about shaders, and use the Strumpy Shader kit for most of my needs.

Sadly, I think you may need something a touch more advanced than that.

Please let me know about pricing when you get a chance. And good luck getting the shader to work.

15. Posts
    Annnd, of course, I figure a solution for my effect. I want to thank you for your offer!

16. Location
    Witney, UK
    Awesome work. Even if i did manage to get out the level- ooooh smearing :L
    http://fishman92.carbonmade.com/ Portfolio
    @fishman92
    Need anything done? Great rates and speedy service. Contact me on skype @fishman.92.

17. Posts
    Project was updated. New DEMO available.
    New screen:

18. Location
    Hungary
    This is pure awsome! I like the new graphics!

At this point i see no reason why people should buy this over Portal 2, unless you implement features that Portal 2 doesn't have. An idea would be to make a Online PvP shooter (like CoD/Battlefield) and include the portal system. In that case you would have exciting gameplay with features that no game has ever had before. This should take some time, but from playing the Demo i think you are capable of achieving this
    You just wasted 2,7 seconds of your life reading this...

20. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreeka View Post
    This is pure awsome! I like the new graphics!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEV View Post
    At this point i see no reason why people should buy this over Portal 2, unless you implement features that Portal 2 doesn't have. An idea would be to make a Online PvP shooter (like CoD/Battlefield) and include the portal system. In that case you would have exciting gameplay with features that no game has ever had before. This should take some time, but from playing the Demo i think you are capable of achieving this
    Thx. I planned to make game free. My goal now is to make a good puzzle game. And yes, i will implement all portal 2 features, and a few new types of puzzle

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast