Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Amplify - Virtual Texturing for Unity Pro, RELEASED! Starting at $99

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Diogo-Teixeira, Jul 11, 2011.

1. thylaxene

thylaxene

thanks Diogo!

2. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi everyone, we've just released Amplify 1.5.0. This is essentially an incremental update to 1.4.2 that adds support for Unity 3.5.

Improvements
    • Added full support for Unity 3.5
    • Added support for linear-space lighting
    • Improved streaming page upload performance by trading bandwidth for drawcalls
    Bugs Killed
    • Fixed broken EnumPopup boxes in Amplify/Tools
    • Fixed wrong rescale when source texture is lower than 128x128 pixels
    • Fixed FreeImage unicode issues on OSX
    • Fixed occasional hang when starting an incremental build
    To download this latest version, please refer to the usual spot: http://insidious.pt/#amplify-latest

Please let us know of any issues you encounter with this version and we'll fix them with the highest priority.

In the coming days we'll be releasing an unlocked version (free only for non-commercial purposes), available for evaluation until we open up shop again later in July.

3. SOULSSAGA

SOULSSAGA

HI DIOGO !

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE GREAT ACHIEVEMENT IN THIS PLUGIN!

Sory to ask this ... But i'm a complete Noob in unity / and expecialy in shader language codings ...
    But i have here with me one amazing idea ! ...

"SPLAT MAP SHADER" With amplify Support for terrains ...

You see Red Green and Blue and Alpha Chanels Were we could feed 4 Amplify Textures for the colors and 1 Amplify Mega texture for the Red Green and blue and alpha ...

Man is that possible ?

Can you please suply us in the Amplify Pakage / or here a Example Shader Code With that working !?

What i was thinking of that Amplify powered shader is something like this :

Mixer map [rgba] Splat Map

Individual maps
    - r: mix colour 1 Map
    - g: mix colour 2 Map
    - b: mix colour 3 Map
    - a: mix colour 4 Map

[rgb] Base color Extra Overlay Map

Reflection map
    Specular Map
    Normal bump Map

And all those feeded by Amplify ?
    The 4 Rgb Aplified Mix would be seamless textures all this To cover like a reaaly reaaly big terrain ...
    That would be reaaly amazing !!

THANKS SO MUCH !

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  4. SOULSSAGA

SOULSSAGA

pS: Anyway a secound thing ...

- How easy would be to Integrate Amplify with Strumpy Shader Editor ?
    - - Would be possible somehow to Make a Shader with Strumpy SHader Editor ? Then load the textures and they be amplified ?
    - - Or would hav eto be the Strumpy developer to supply a Amplify Node In the shader editor ?

Anyway sory to be so spooky with crazy ideas ...
    This is just a Noob talking And wishing here ...
    I probably dont know half the trouble such would give .

--

Anyway !

THANKS SO MUCH !

Greetings from Coimbra Portugal ^^ Aqui mesmo ao lado ! Abraços man.

R.

5. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

SOULSSAGA, ora viva camarada! Hehe

I haven't tried terrain support with Unity 3.5 yet, but last time I tried it was very hard if not impossible. Their terrain implementation was just not flexible enough to pull this off. I might give it another try soon-ish.

Now, regarding SSE support I would have to research a bit more. One does not simply add a node. The shaders have to be patched at a more fundamental level. Might be doable, however. I've added this to the backlog.

Obrigado pelo feedback! ;)

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  6. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Just a heads up: I was looking into a tiling issue reported by a user when I noticed that there's another issue in sRGB support. Don't be surprised if you're getting funny/wrong colors on your diffuse textures. I'm looking into it at the moment.

7. SevenBits

SevenBits

Cool, but too bad it's only for Unity Pro.

Your demo video looks amazing, congratulations. An amazing product.

8. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

SevenBits, cheers! Unfortunately we need a few Pro features to make this thing work :\

9. l0cke

l0cke

Just one small question, what about fat32 limitation?

10. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

l0cke, it's in the backlog but not highest priority. Due to variable bit-rate VT compression you would need over 40 to 60 GB of raw textures to go over the limit of 4 GB. However, I can bump it up the priority list on customer request.

11. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi all, just uploaded Amplify 1.5.1. This is the unlocked version I promised. Also features material tiling/offset and proper support of both linear and gamma lighting modes.

Improvements
    • Unlocked all versions. Only free for non-commercial purposes, otherwise regular licensing applies.
    • Changed default compression quality to 85
    • Added support for material tiling/offset
    Bugs Killed
    • Fixed clamp texture wrap mode
    • Fixed tools converting placeholder material
    • Fixed deploy optimized
    • Fixed support for linear lighting
    • Fixed sRGB conversions
    Known Issues
    • Tiling issues on a 2011 iMac running OSX. Possibly also prevalent on Windows machines sporting a Radeon 4850 GPU in OpenGL mode. We're just waiting to get the hardware so we can fix this.
    • Re-scaling large textures is running out of memory.
    • Sometimes the builder stops working. Reloading the scene should do it for now.
    To download this latest version, please refer to the usual spot: http://insidious.pt/#amplify-latest

Please let us know of any issues you encounter with this version and we'll fix them with the highest priority.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  12. SOULSSAGA

SOULSSAGA

MUITISSIMO OBRIGADO DIOGO ! É uma honra ...
    Gostaria de agradecer o apoio aos indi developers nesta ultima ediçao e o grande trabalho que tens tido !

---

We are reaaly gona use this into our project ...
    Well we tried back there the full version Of amplify when it was on beta testing i guess one year ago ...

But hey this reaaly evoluted ! And its so nice to have all features back again !

---

.. hum Unity terrain sucks right ! I guess we can make terrains by hand then / With Worldmachine mudbox zbrush or 3dcoat / Just import the geometry and still use that "Amplify Mega TExture" splat map tecnique ...

So i'm going to test your latest amazing plugin release !

Lol we are just starting in this wanabe "rpg adventures production here" that is SoulSaga.Org / SoulsShine.org Open Project ...
    We are still Unsure if we will use Unity Or Udk For the final production ...

I guess Unity is not so visual high but got more features in its amazing plugins as your is !
    So We will keep with Unity "Waiting" patiently for its evolution to a AAA game Engine ...

Especially your AMPLIFY! MEGATEXTURE HAbilities/Possibilities
    ... and the interactive indirect illumination features that are coming to light in unity ..
    http://unity3d.com/ninjacamp/projects/10160 we hope in less than a year !

----

Thank you so much for your extremely kind generosity and great amazing work this latest years !

For us ... The splat maps shader technique joined with your amplify plugin Will surely make available to use Extremly detailed Megatextures In Unity ...

"In Teory"
    - One would just paint the red green blue and black colors in a program like Mudbox or Mari ...
    - Then would be just import the Splatmap "red green blue alpha colors" in one single map as Amplify Megatexture ... to drive another amplified seamless texture ... or Substances !!
    And we could even drive entire continents of extremely detailed textured terrains with it !
    Thats our goal !

But we still would need a Splatmap Shader to Amplify !

Waith ! Here is a Splat map Shader !

Code (csharp):
    3. Shader "Misc/Mesh Terrain 4 Splats" {
    4. Properties {
    5.     _Control ("SplatMap (RGBA)", 2D) = "red" {}
    6.     _Splat0 ("Layer 0 (R)", 2D) = "white" {}
    7.     _Splat1 ("Layer 1 (G)", 2D) = "white" {}
    8.     _Splat2 ("Layer 2 (B)", 2D) = "white" {}
    9.     _Splat3 ("Layer 3 (A)", 2D) = "white" {}
    10.     _BaseMap ("BaseMap (RGB)", 2D) = "white" {}
    11. }
    13. // Fragment program
    14. SubShader {
    15.     Tags { "RenderType" = "Opaque" }
    16.     Pass {
    17.         Tags { "LightMode" = "Always" }
    19.         CGPROGRAM
    20.         #pragma vertex vert
    21.         #pragma fragment frag
    22.         #pragma fragmentoption ARB_precision_hint_fastest
    23.         #pragma multi_compile LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_OFF
    25.         #include "UnityCG.cginc"
    27.         struct appdata_lightmap {
    28.             float4 vertex : POSITION;
    29.             float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0;
    30.             float2 texcoord1 : TEXCOORD1;
    31.         };
    33.         struct v2f_vertex {
    34.             float4 pos : SV_POSITION;
    35.             float4 uv[3] : TEXCOORD0;
    36.         };
    38.         uniform sampler2D _Control;
    39.         uniform float4 _Control_ST;
    41.         #ifdef LIGHTMAP_ON
    42.         uniform float4 unity_LightmapST;
    43.         uniform sampler2D unity_Lightmap;
    44.         #endif
    46.         uniform sampler2D _Splat0,_Splat1,_Splat2,_Splat3;
    47.         uniform float4 _Splat0_ST,_Splat1_ST,_Splat2_ST,_Splat3_ST;
    49.         v2f_vertex vert (appdata_lightmap v)
    50.         {
    51.             v2f_vertex o;
    52.             o.pos = mul (UNITY_MATRIX_MVP, v.vertex);
    53.             o.uv[0].xy = TRANSFORM_TEX (v.texcoord.xy, _Control);
    54.         #ifdef LIGHTMAP_ON
    55.             o.uv[0].zw = v.texcoord1.xy * unity_LightmapST.xy + unity_LightmapST.zw;
    56.         #else
    57.             o.uv[0].zw = half2(0,0);
    58.         #endif
    59.             o.uv[1].xy = TRANSFORM_TEX (v.texcoord.xy, _Splat0);
    60.             o.uv[1].zw = TRANSFORM_TEX (v.texcoord.xy, _Splat1);
    61.             o.uv[2].xy = TRANSFORM_TEX (v.texcoord.xy, _Splat2);
    62.             o.uv[2].zw = TRANSFORM_TEX (v.texcoord.xy, _Splat3);
    64.             return o;
    65.         }
    67.         half4 frag (v2f_vertex i) : COLOR
    68.         {
    69.             half4 splat_control = tex2D(_Control, i.uv[0].xy);
    70.             half3 splat_color = splat_control.r * tex2D (_Splat0, i.uv[1].xy).rgb;
    71.             splat_color += splat_control.g * tex2D (_Splat1, i.uv[1].zw).rgb;
    72.             splat_color += splat_control.b * tex2D (_Splat2, i.uv[2].xy).rgb;
    73.             splat_color += splat_control.a * tex2D (_Splat3, i.uv[2].zw).rgb;
    74.             #ifdef LIGHTMAP_ON
    75.             splat_color *= DecodeLightmap (tex2D (unity_Lightmap, i.uv[0].zw));
    76.             #endif
    78.             return half4 (splat_color, 0.0);
    79.         }
    80.         ENDCG
    81.     }
    82. }
    84. // Fixed function
    85. SubShader {
    86.     Tags { "RenderType" = "Opaque" }
    87.     Pass {
    88.         Tags { "LightMode" = "Vertex" }
    89.         SetTexture [_BaseMap] { constantColor(0,0,0,0) combine texture, constant }
    90.     }
    91.     Pass {
    92.         Tags { "LightMode" = "VertexLM" }
    93.         SetTexture [unity_Lightmap] { combine texture }
    94.         SetTexture [_BaseMap] { constantColor(0,0,0,0) combine texture * previous, constant }
    95.     }
    96.     Pass {
    97.         Tags { "LightMode" = "VertexLMRGBM" }
    98.         SetTexture [unity_Lightmap] { combine texture * texture alpha DOUBLE }
    99.         SetTexture [_BaseMap] { constantColor(0,0,0,0) combine texture * previous DOUBLE, constant }
    100.     }
    101. }
    102. }

How the heck do we convert this to a Amplify powered shader ? In all those texture imput nodes ?

Can you or please someone convert to Amplify powershader that splat shader please !?

THANK YOU !!
    Herr sory for asking ..

Humm... Improvments ideas to the amplify platform Lets see....
    ... By the way ( Sory for the inconvenience of way too many crazy ideas ^^ )

But buddy What about having in Amplify Site / Kinda a DOwnloadable Repository of Available Compiled Amplify Shaders ? That way the Amplify Powered compiled Shaders database would improve over time ...
    Having a database repository of all crazy amplify compiled shaders made to date would be realy greath !

WOuld empower your product features !
    ANd you can start with the amplify 4 textures splat shader !

--
    Ok Nuff for today ! And ..
    HEY thanks so much for everything !

--

Yo ! obrigadão por tudo man ! Forrrça ai !

R.
    SOULS STUDIO ADMIN
    / From Coimbra City In Portugal
    Alive and kicking yo ! ^.~

soulsaga.org
    soulsshine.deviantart.com
    soulssaga@gmail.com

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  13. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

SOULSSAGA, thanks for the feedback!

I'm going to try using Amplify for the splat map today. Let me get back to you later with results.

You're right about the repository. Right now all the shaders are embedded in the package. There's no reason not to have an external source. I'm going to look into SSE also.

14. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Is the terrain material explicitly exposed in the asset database? Otherwise, this is not going to work.

15. sueds

sueds

Hi Diogo I have a little question. Do you have to preprocess ( combine all the texture into one ) the level to use it or it just work without it. Is your technique different from Id tech ?

16. xadhoom

xadhoom

Diogo,

Unity uses a built-in shader for the terrain which can be downloaded here. If you override the terrain shader it should be possible to replace it with a amplified version as described.

xad

17. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

sueds, it's the same technique as Id Tech. We have to pack all the textures into a large virtual one. The main difference is that Rage, for example, uses unique UV mapping and everything is baked on there. In Amplify I tried to get it as close as regular texturing as possible, and allow re-utilization of textures by mirroring, tiling, etc.. however, it is still the same core principle. You can see this packing happening every time Amplify's incremental builder kicks in.

xadhoom, thanks for the info. Can't make this work without an explicit material asset, though.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  18. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I also have looked into using Amplify for my terrains, but because of the lack of normal mapping and specular mapping on the terrain ( the hacked versions don't look good at all...) I may end up using a mesh based terrain...will Amplify work on this if I export a HUGE 8k texture and Unity will read it...?

19. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Neptune_Imaging, on Unity for Windows, you can go up to 16K x 16K. Unity for OSX, however, starts bitching at 8K x 8K, so the max is 8K x 4K.

20. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi all, just uploaded Amplify 1.5.2. Took me long enough to get access to the hardware but here it is:

Bugs Killed
    • Fixed tile border bug on AMD Radeon HD 4000 series (OpenGL/OSX)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  21. Dreamora

Dreamora

I wanted to check what the state and plans are for an iOS version and potentially an Android one.
    We currently have a project where amplify would be godsend thanks to Unitys subinferior streaming capabilities as we can decide between massive RAM hits or stutter and locks as we switch through our art heavy 2D title.

22. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

We currently don't have the resources to gamble on the hardware and then be let down by the performance. However, we're preparing a relaunch on the Asset Store, maybe the situation will change.

I'm pretty sure the iPad can handle virtual texturing just fine, I'm just not sure it'll be able handle it with all the Unity overhead and limitations, plus all the workarounds we had to settle with in order to make this work.

23. Dreamora

Dreamora

Wouldn't it be easier on mobiles though were you have guaranteed compatibility etc thanks to all running on iOS, not some fancy broken MT environment? (unity mobile has no MT renderer)

24. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Indeed, at least on iOS. The problem is getting this monster to run efficiently on those "tiny" processors with all the Mono/UnityAPI overhead. Because of the workarounds, uploading tiles is much slower than it should be and some of the shaders ended up quite large.

We'll try it as soon as we get our hands on a capable iOS device (iPad3+). No estimate, though.

25. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

So, mobiles are still out of scope.
    What about shaders, does this system support absolutly any kind of shader? Lightprobes, etc?!

26. Dreamora

Dreamora

Okey

Just to balance out those 'drawbacks': You have a handfull of devices, 2.5 GPUs to support (SGX540 and SGX543MP2+ / MP4+) and a small number of devices with basically 3 cpus (600mhz A9 on 3GS, 800 mhz A9 on iphone4, ipod4, ipad1, 800mhz A9 Dual on ipad2, ipad3, iphone 4s) and a well defined amount of RAM (256mb on ipad1, iphone 3gs, itouch3 / itouch 4, 512mb on ipad2, iphone4, iphone4s, 1024mb on ipad3 - which is likely the most limiting factor) and that while running for granted on OpenGL ES with a well defined native API and the guarantee that you drag from flash memory and not a 5400RPM notebook disk while nobody is likely gonna ask you to support the 256MB RAM+ cache streaming (cause beside the ipad3 no device would let the app keep running with that blob) ;)

27. schala

schala

Hi Diogo, I was trying to do a test build of my project, but since I am using the free version, the textures are not showing. So I tried to buy an Indie Amplify license, and I get a Javascript error saying that: "This product combination does not exist.". :( I tested it on 2 other computers and on 4 browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera and Chrome), I get the same error.

Can you please help? Is there a way so that I can buy the Indie license??

Attached Files:

28. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

schala, Amplify is currently not for sale at the moment as we're moving to the Unity Asset Store. However, you may download the latest unlocked version, for evaluation and non-commercial purposes, at http://insidious.pt/#amplify-latest

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the latest version.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  29. schala

schala

Thank you Diogo, I was able to do a test build (I wasn't using the build option within the Amplify menu). I just needed a quick demo. :)

So far, I've been using amplify, and it's awesome. Please keep us informed as soon as you have it in the Asset Store. :)

30. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

schala, good to know :)

I've made the necessary changes and submitted the package for approval. Fingers crossed.

31. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Amplify was recently accepted to the Asset Store:
    http://u3d.as/content/insidious-technologies/amplify-virtual-texturing

We've chosen the price point of $175 and a 256K x 256K limit to avoid undervaluing previous purchases. Current licensees still get 512K x 512K, a separate update channel and priority support.

I'm still in the process of getting this thread and the website up to date.

32. Itekube

Itekube

Hi,

I have a big project with a lot of large textures (8k). I use a custum shader with 4 parts textures (4 x 4096) and 1 uvmap.
    I would know if i can adapt this kind of shader to amplify ?
    I saw your shader convertion pack but i can't see multi _MainTex shader and i can't see in inspector when you create an amplify texture where i can add other _MainTex.

Thanks,
    David

33. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

I already replied to David via email, so I'm going to leave this here for informational purposes:

If you use Amplify, 8k x 8k (Unity OSX import max) and 16k x 16k (Unity Windows import max) textures are supported. So, no need to split them in four 4k x 4k sub-textures. Allow me to explain why:

What Amplify does, while building the VT, is read the image (texture) directly from the source file and ignores the texture asset inside Unity. Amplify will resize any imported texture asset to 64x64 because they become redundant after the VT is built. As you can see, when using Amplify, it doesn't matter what maximum size Unity supports, as long as it is able to import the asset. Despite only supporting a maximum texture asset of 4k x 4k, Unity is able to import images as large as 16k x 16k on Windows and 8k x 8k on OSX.​

Also, please note that we've made a trial package available to those who wish to try before purchasing. It is a watermarked version of the full product:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  34. Psyche_RTS

Psyche_RTS

Hi Diogo,

I'm currently testing your VT tool, and I have some questions for you.
    Is Amplify compatible with Allegorythmic's Bitmap2material ?
    Does it work on object with unity LOD system?

Thanks,
    Cedric.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  35. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi Psyche_RTS,

Amplify generates it's data at edit time and Bitmap2material generates it at runtime, so different workflows. They cannot be used for the same textures but can still work in parallel, just like Amplify can work along with the regular texturing system.

Yes. It should work fine.

Regards

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  36. techmage

techmage

Hey Diogo I was thinking about your project the other day and got really curious to know, to make this work are you constantly updating the uv's of all the objects, making it so only objects that are on screen are in a big singular uv map, then bliting that objects texture into its appropriate space on just one big 4096x4096 texture, or is there something much fancier going on internally?

37. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

That would save me a few steps. However, since Amplify can't virtualize every single texture and needs to play nice with every other system in Unity, that means not touching the UVs. I get around that by sending VT info via materials instead.

38. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi everyone,

We've just release Amplify 1.5.5 to both Asset Store, and our website for our legacy customers.

Improvements
    • Support for Standalone Windows 64bit build targets
    • Fixed noise/random-colored-dots caused by page table fetch precision issues
    • Fixed occasional VT rebuild triggered when reloading scenes
    • Fixed error when building scenes without AmplifyRuntime/Camera
    • Fixed one frame delay in PrePass rendering causig delays in streaming
    • Fixed incorrect PrePass dimensions in Scene-view causing lower mip tiles to be loaded
    • Fixed attempt to deploy unused virtual textures during Unity build
    • Fixed rebuild on deploy not working for project-context virtual textures
    • Fixed replacing scene-context asset with project-context that share same mat doesn't always update mapping
    • Fixed a blinking gameobject in the hierarchy named AmplifyEditor when only Game View is visible and focused

Next on the roadmap is Unity 4 and Mobile support.

39. bngames

bngames

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Please add the option to change resolution (more texture space) for each model, so important models get more details and others get less.

I'm using the free version at moment, but if you add "change resolution option" I'll buy pro :)

Cant wait for Mobile support :)

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  40. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

The resolution in Amplify is not meant to be uniform. You can control the resolution by assigning larger or smaller textures to Amplify materials. It will just allocate more or less virtual texture space to make each texture fit. Is this OK or did you have something else in mind?

41. bngames

bngames

$screen.png

I'm trying to test this but it looks like the shader is not working (i'm using new trial)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  42. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

bngames, this might be related to an issue I'm investigating related to multi/sub-objects. I've sent you a PM.

43. bngames

bngames

Its not a multi-sub object, its just a cube with multi shaders of the same type!

44. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Make sure that:
    1) "TexturesAmplify" is assigned to the Asset field of Amplify Manager
    2) Camera is assigned to the Target Camera field of Amplify Manager
    3) Amplify Manager is enabled and no errors are logged to console once you enable it
    4) You're using Unity 3.5.6 (4.0b not supported yet)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  45. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Is unity 4 supported now? Switched to unity 4 final and will purchase this asset as soon as it's unity 4 supported (ironically the feature i like most is support for textures > 4K, even more important than the virtual texturing itself!)
    Edited as it's not obvious : not just unity 4 but unity 4 and DX11, my project is DX11 only. Also side question but, how will this work with tesselation? (Tesselation could bring to view parts that your system may think are not visible for exemple?)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  46. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Is this because it was more expensive previously? If so why not make a second similarily priced package named pro or something on the asset store? I'd rather pay more and have no soft limit priority support

47. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

First of all, thank you for taking an interest in our product.

I'm working on Unity4 support right now and should have it ready and available on the Asset Store before the end of this week. I also have significant VT build performance improvements coming right after that.

That was the initial plan and I only avoided it so far due to modest sales. Also, I was told there was a voucher system being planned or discussed that would facilitate upgrades for current licensees. Nevertheless, now might be a good time to release both Pro and Indie versions.

48. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Actually i considered buying amplify back when you released but the formulation gave me the impression of a "crippled" version which is why i've put it on hold for so long.
    If you're thinking of releasing a pro version soon with full support no limitations i'll probably wait on that one.
    Do you have a timeframe price in mind?

49. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

I understand your position. My intention was to make Amplify more affordable by creating an intermediate price point since Amplify Pro was priced at $350. Time frame is the end of this week, at most.

50. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Just to be sure since you didn't adress that in the 1st post. When you say unity 4 compatible is it also tested with dx11 and will it be possible to create tesselations shaders that use amplify?