Unity Community

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Pennsylvania
    how does it handle bumps and stuff? Can you associate a bump map with a painted texture, or do you have to paint the bumps on?

2. Location
    Portugal
    ok, no beta right now.

But, have you already thought about an estimated cost for the product?

3. Posts
    Wow... I can't even wonder, how you made it ). Pretty nice and keep it up! I waited for something like this for pretty long time...Can you at least explain, how are you saving?
    Last edited by dzebna1; 07-09-2011 at 08:10 AM.

4. Location
    British Columbia
    Heh , definately a cool tool indeed.

5. Posts
    I have created a new tool option, here are some screenshots of how it can be used.

Here is a simple low poly door model with a basic wall texture and a normal map

Here I have created a damaged wall by adding a brick texture and a normal map

Now here is where my new toot comes into the play, this is the same brick texture and a normal map but created with a different tool

Here I have used five textures and three normal maps with this tool

This tool is great for creating damages, dirt, holes etc.

This is just a little update, currently I'm working with parallax and detail maps.

6. Posts
    Detail maps would be nice. And how much control do we get over the materials? I.E., if I deploy 90 doors from one mesh prefab, can I do 90 different variations in the in-game editing environment, and how much performance is that going to cost me?

7. Posts
    Wow, I was just asking about something like this last week and was told by an artist it wasn't feasible and was nonsense lol. Great work. I love it.

Yes, how is the performance and how do you save the textures?

8. Posts
    For now there is only a single object painting, this means you can paint on a selected object only. When I finish the painting part, I'm planning to create a full scene painting system. There is going to be a possibility to create a new material per object, maps, shaders etc.Now if you have 90 different doors then you can create 90 different textures and materials. Objects in Unity can share materials but if you change texture then all objects with the same material have the same texture. Only way to do this is to create a new material for each object if you want them to be painted differently.

9. Posts
    Hmm. Maybe take a shader approach where you can apply any combination of, say, 5 textures with spec and normalmaps, and two RGB blend maps and texture references to pull in the textures? I built a shader like that once with GLSL. It would mean that each unique instance only had the costs of the blendmaps. Still, that's a lot of data and it would pile up really fast. Anyhow, it's neato to see Sculptris in Unity; you should find a couple of artists to do some showoff pieces when you're closer to final.

10. Posts
    Very cool.

dave
    AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS
    8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit
    Nvida Geforce GTX 580

11. Location
    Athens, Greece
    Objects in Unity can share materials but if you change texture then all objects with the same material have the same texture. Only way to do this is to create a new material for each object if you want them to be painted differently.
    Or you can change the uvs.
    Check this, it might help you : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/886...The-Bob-script.
    Colored Shadows
    Batching Tools
    : Batch draw calls easily.
    Toon Shader Mobile: Good for mobile, fast and beautiful.
    Toon Shader Desktop: Good for desktops, more advanced.
    Thyella : A small game prototype on Kongregate

12. Posts
    Here is a little update... Detail map painting.

Here is a model with just a wood texture and no detail map

Here is a model with the same wood texture and a detail map created from three other textures

13. Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Really Nice!
    When do you plan to release it?

14. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aXon View Post
    Really Nice!
    When do you plan to release it?
    Thanks... I'm not sure about the release date, there is some work left to be done. Currently I'm working on a stamp tool and material creation.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast