Unity Community

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Is something like this smooth water-simulation in any time in fluvio possible?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl54W...BC726CA4873BCF
    I'm just curious whether it is just possible to have those spheres-like fluids or also other ones?

(yes I know that the youtube example isn't quite realistic due to impossible hardware specs to render something like this in real time)

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ULART View Post
    Is something like this smooth water-simulation in any time in fluvio possible?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl54W...BC726CA4873BCF
    I'm just curious whether it is just possible to have those spheres-like fluids or also other ones?

(yes I know that the youtube example isn't quite realistic due to impossible hardware specs to render something like this in real time)
    Sort of - Fluvio uses a Langrarian, particle-based method, whereas the video you linked is a Eulerian, grid-based simulation (on the GPU). There are advantages and disadvantages to each method.

All of those cases could be simulated with Fluvio (at a decreased resolution, since it's not running on the GPU).

3. Posts
    Just submitted a workflow focused update, which makes it very simple to create a fluid and get going. Also fixed the voxel emitter (finally) and some other small bugs/issues.

******** VERSION 2.0.4 ********
    Fluvio:
    - Added some helper methods to create a fluid and a fluid effect. (Fluvio > Create Fluid, Fluvio > Create Fluid Effect)
    - Moved editor window menu location
    - Changed the default values to match the water example scene
    - Added controls to change an emitter's type easily
    - Added wireframe mesh visualization to the mesh emitter
    - Added voxel visualization to the voxel emitter
    - Added a maximum iteration count to the voxel emitter (no more crashes!)
    - Voxel emitter now works properly (yay!)
    - Voxel emitter now creates the voxel lookup table in the editor

Bug fixes:
    - Fixed a bug with Fluid profiles not detecting iPhone generation in Fluvio 2 Standard/Evaluation versions.
    - Minor GUI fixes

Example project:
    - Tweaked the Water Wheel (Mobile) example for better compatibility with older iPhone models.

4. Posts
    Just tweaked the multithreaded solver to run tree generation on a separate thread. Massive performance gain for large particle counts - very pleased with the results. This will go in the 2.1 update, which is coming soon.

5. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinksquirrel View Post
    I have looked at this article pretty extensively - there are a few issues with this method.

1) The method requires keeping a separate set of visualization particles and doing nearest-neighbor and kernel function calculations on the GPU. This is fine, but limits compatibility with older/less powerful GPUs. I also doubt that this would fit into Unity's surface shader architecture at all.

2) Downsampling the effect could be trickier to implement, compared to the current implementation.

3) A quote from the conclusion: "The biggest problem, however, lies in dealing with small parts of fluid that are located far apart. Because the repulsion algorithm requires a clip space encapsulating every particle, the limited resolution of the viewport will likely cause multiple particles to map to the same pixel, implying data loss."

I've been keeping it on my radar, though, for possible future implementation.

I'm guessing you have also seen this link? It's an open source project by a guy claiming to have implemented marching cubes on the gpu using a shader without resorting to geometry shaders. His demo videos look quite impressive. Very high resolution meshes with decent (30+) frame rates.

http://nvision.sourceforge.net/

6. Posts
    Hi, I've tryied to download the free version on your website but I became an error message after clicking on the download button.

"Unable to send e-mail. Contact the site administrator if the problem persists."

What should I do ?

7. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb7000 View Post
    Hi, I've tryied to download the free version on your website but I became an error message after clicking on the download button.

"Unable to send e-mail. Contact the site administrator if the problem persists."

What should I do ?
    I'll check out the website to see if there are any issues. It's a new system, so sometimes there are some hiccups.

8. Posts
    Ok, I will wait for news

9. Posts
    Ok, I will wait for news
    The website should be up and running again - let me know if you're still having issues downloading the trial.

10. Posts
    Hi, I've downloaded the free version, but I've got an error message when I import the package in Unity 3.4

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
    Unhandled Exception: Mono.CSharp.InternalErrorException: Assets/Plugins/Fluvio/Components/Plugins/FluidEffect.cs(3,21): FluidEffect ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEngine.ImageEffectOpaque' from assembly 'Fluvio.Runtime'.

11. Posts
    Hi, I've downloaded the free version, but I've got an error message when I import the package in Unity 3.4
    The free/standard versions are only compatible with 3.5 and higher.

12. Posts
    in the video the water go out of the box lol !!!

13. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by totalgg View Post
    in the video the water go out of the box lol !!!
    If you're talking about the 2D Fluid demo, that's intentional. The bottom of the box is a hinge joint, so the water pressure pushes a hole open.

14. Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brazil

Fluid collision

Hi,

I would like to know how can I detect a collision of a fluid with a non-fluid object (ex: cube)??? I couldnt manage that :/
    Daniel Valente de Macedo
    --------------------------------------------------
    gtalk: danielvalentemacedo
    Twitter: danielvmacedo

15. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danielvmacedo View Post
    Hi,

I would like to know how can I detect a collision of a fluid with a non-fluid object (ex: cube)??? I couldnt manage that :/
    Hey, I wasn't sure if you were having issues with collisions or collision messages, so here's some information on how to do both.

For proper collisions:
    Make sure that your fluid's collision type is set to "All" in the inspector. Your non-fluid object needs a collider as well.

If that's not working, make sure that your layer collision is set up correctly in Project Settings -> Physics, so that the fluid's layer and the object's layer both register collisions.

To detect collisions through a script (collision messages):
    Your script will need to inherit from and implement FluidCollisionPlugin in order to receive collision messages. You can then use OnFluidCollisionEnter(FluidCollision other), etc in your script. You also need to enable collision messages for your fluid. Note that collision messages incur an additional performance cost. Check the API reference here for more information.

16. Posts
    Asset Store Madness!

Fluvio 2 has joined the Asset Store Madness and is on sale for 50% off until April 8th!

Fluvio 2 Standard is on sale for $25, and Fluvio 2 Professional will be available for $75.

17. Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinksquirrel View Post
    Hey, I wasn't sure if you were having issues with collisions or collision messages, so here's some information on how to do both.

For proper collisions:
    Make sure that your fluid's collision type is set to "All" in the inspector. Your non-fluid object needs a collider as well.

If that's not working, make sure that your layer collision is set up correctly in Project Settings -> Physics, so that the fluid's layer and the object's layer both register collisions.

To detect collisions through a script (collision messages):
    Your script will need to inherit from and implement FluidCollisionPlugin in order to receive collision messages. You can then use OnFluidCollisionEnter(FluidCollision other), etc in your script. You also need to enable collision messages for your fluid. Note that collision messages incur an additional performance cost. Check the API reference here for more information.
    Thanks! Now, how can I detect collision messages between particles?!?! it is possible? Like detecting when two different types of fluids are colliding?
    Daniel Valente de Macedo
    --------------------------------------------------
    gtalk: danielvalentemacedo
    Twitter: danielvmacedo

18. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danielvmacedo View Post
    Thanks! Now, how can I detect collision messages between particles?!?! it is possible? Like detecting when two different types of fluids are colliding?
    This is possible (yet very expensive computationally) - before doing this though, ask yourself if you want to detect individual particle collisions (there could be hundreds every frame), or just check to see if two fluids are in the same area (using Physics.OverlapSphere).

It's not included by default, so you'll need to check using Unity's OnCollisionEnter(), etc methods. Make sure your two fluids are on different layers, and that nothing else uses those two layers. Here are two example C# scripts (not tested, they may have some syntax errors or typos).

EventListener.cs
    Code:  
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. public class MyEventListener
    4. {
    5.     // The layer of the other fluid we're looking for
    6.     public int otherFluidLayer;
    8.     void OnCollisionEnter(Collision other)
    9.     {
    10.         if (other.collider.layer == otherFluidLayer)
    11.         {
    12.             // Do stuff here...
    13.         }
    14.     }
    15. }

MyFluidPlugin.cs
    Code:  
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using ThinksquirrelSoftware.Fluvio.Plugins;
    4. public class MyFluidPlugin : FluidPlugin
    5. {
    6.     // The layer of the other fluid we're looking for
    7.     public int otherFluidLayer;
    9.     // This is called by a fluid when particles are allocated
    10.     void OnAllocatePool()
    11.     {
    12.         foreach(var particle in fluid.manager.particlePool)
    13.         {
    14.             var myEventListener = particle.gameObject.AddComponent<MyEventListener>();
    15.             myEventListener.otherFluidLayer = this.otherFluidLayer;
    16.         }
    17.     }
    18. }

Again, I don't recommend this unless absolutely necessary. If you use it, you may have to increase your physics timestep to keep good framerates.

19. Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Just purchased Fluvio Pro on Asset Store today and I'm enjoying playing around with it.

Something I thought I would mention is in the Water Wheel (mobile) scene the water wheel does not rotate but makes a clicking sound like it is supposed to be rotating. Of course I noticed that the wheel does rotate in the regular Water Wheel scene. Looking at the difference in construction of the two scenes, I noticed that the mobile scene had a sphere as part of the Fluid Boundries setup that is not in the Water Wheel scene. I'm not entirely sure what that sphere is supposed to do but it has a Fluvio Ignore Collision script on it. I deactivated that sphere and the wheel in the mobile scene started rotating.

I just thought I would point this out because it's kind of confusing. At first I thought perhaps collisions were not turned on or something for mobile but it looks like the boundries construction is just wrong somehow in that mobile scene.

By the way, is there any chance you would be willing to sell the Fluid Box you released on iOS as an example package? I would be interested in buying that or a similar scene that demonstrates the use of multi touch controls with Fluvio collisions. If it's not something you want to put on the Asset Store, I would be interested in discussing a price in private if you are at all interested in selling that or something similar as a package. Just let me know.

Allan

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast