Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

New RPG kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sleglik, Jul 2, 2011.

?

Are you willing pay extra money for support multiple scenes in RPG kit?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2014.
  1. No

110 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes (maximum 30 dollars)

92 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. sleglik

sleglik

Hello,

RPG kit now for sale, price is 70 dollars in asset store

All other upgrades are free.

http://rpgstarterkit.weebly.com/

Asset store link: http://u3d.as/content/jan-slegl/rpg-starter-kit/29G

Quests
    - Making quests with one or more quest steps
    - Multiple tasks in each quest step possible
    - Quest log and Bio log saving
    - Rewarding with anything from database (including attribute points)
    - Defining default rewards
    - Quests can have different starts (not only NPC conversations)

Items
    - Items can be assigned to item categories
    - Identical stronger versions of an item can be created automatically
    - Usable effects can be added
    - You can choose a custom slot the item is equipped into (new equipment slots can be added)
    - You can choose if item is droppable/ destroyable/ stackable
    - Variety of attributes can be set (value, rarity, item level, damage, durability...)

Conversations
    - Every part of conversation and text lines can have up to 9 different conditions
    - Every part can have multiple player line text
    - You can select if player can end conversation
    - You can choose if player can return to the beginning of the conversation
    - Events can be added to every part of conversation and text lines
    - Reaction (new conversation part) can be added to player text line
    - You can display all conversation for specified NPC

Shops
    - Shops can be assigned to NPC
    - You can add single items, as well item categories of items the shop will sell
    - Items the shop sells can have up to 9 different conditions, as well as item categories and shop itself
    - You can choose how often the shop will respawn its goods
    - You can choose if the shop will accept all trade goods (if it will buy everything from player)
    - Buy/sell modifier can be set (how many times value is decreased or increased when trading)
    - It is possible to choose currency player can trade with

AI
    - Enemy has random patrol (no waypoints)
    - Can attack players
    - Calculates chance to miss

Enemy
    - Variety of attributes can be set (hit points, experience, evade, hit...)
    - Stats can be set manually or calculated automatically based on chosen level (can be edited, too)
    - You can set enemy’s difficulty, making the enemy weaker or stronger

Inventory
    - Size of inventory can be changed
    - Supports items in stack
    - You can drop item back in the world

Skills attributes
    - New custom skills and attributes can be added
    - You can set what exactly specific skill or attribute will increase
    - You can set minimum and maximum value of skill or attribute

GUI
    - Inventory
    - Quest log
    - Main menu in game menu
    - Creature info

General settings
    - Allows changing basic game’s settings
    - You can change Levelling system, level rewards, damage system, critical attacks, armor’s dependence, hit chances and inventory settings
    EDIT: Added save / load, main menu, inventory and AI random patrol (spider in the demo)

EDIT2: Pathfinding

EDIT3: Leveling system, global settings

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. DevionGames

DevionGames

I hope you do not plan to sell my rpg-kit...
    Also i hope you read the license agreement here //last page...

3. sleglik

sleglik

No... of course not...

I can send show you class diagram. Only for quests I have 9 classes to store all possibilities. For our usage was your code useless. Your RPG kit is more Ultima Online. Our plan is make guild more like Elder scroll style. But you can change it and modify it.

4. JetSoap

JetSoap

Elder Scroll style eh? I hope it's much more simpler than most system kits. Looking forward to this. And could you post some pictures?

5. RoyS

RoyS

How about dropping items back into the world like Morrowind? Furniture placement, display of weapons and items collected, etc.

6. sleglik

sleglik

I don´t know if it will be simpler. It will give you more possibilities so editing can be in the beginning confusing. For example for quest you have to create 3 things. 1. Quest 2. NPC for that quest and 3. Conversation

Furniture not in first release. Dropping items is good idea and we will do it. But for each scene you will set if you want to save dropped items or not.

You can see type of tasks and conditions for converstaion. With these can you create any situation.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  7. matis1989

matis1989

nice! it sounds amazing:) price is about?

8. sleglik

sleglik

Starting price will be low (30 - 40 dollars). Complete version will be more expensive. But our calculation is that maximum will be 80 dollars.

We need more tips how to improve it.

9. matis1989

matis1989

very good price.can your system create enemies? add him hp, level, abilities,...? and what about player experience system - leveling? some "talent tree" like World of Warcraft would be nice

10. RoyS

RoyS

I just listed furniture was just an example of an item you can drop back into the world. Oblivion has mods where you can do that.

Just curious, why would you not want to save a dropped item? It seems if the player put it there, he would want to go back and retrieve it later or just leave it there. Or am I not understanding something?

I like your quest and conversation screens.

11. sleglik

sleglik

Talent tree - it is possible but it will be more complicated for creating GUI for it. And unity GUI is not perfect :).Levels I will explain when skill GUI screen will be ready. I will show you how it works.

I don´t say no to dropped items but I want to test how it will increase size of saved position (save items everywhere in the world). We will test it.

Furniture really not now :). First some easy AI patroling etc...

12. RoyS

RoyS

I don't need furniture, sleglik. It was just an example. I will keep watch on how this is progressing as I'm interested.

13. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Your package sounds awesome!

14. sleglik

sleglik

Dungeon generator first version (not using textuers, no lights etc...)

We had problem with random number generator. So we created own generator.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  15. sleglik

sleglik

We changed conversation and now we have images for player GUI (without any graphic)

- you can add event to every player line text
    - you can add if you can return back in conversation
    - you can add if you can say goodbye in conversation
    - you can have paragraph without player response (just goodbye or go back in conversation)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  16. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

17. Spectre9000

Spectre9000

Your dungeon generator looks like it's designed for a roguelike moreso than any 3D RPG.

18. sleglik

sleglik

Dungeon generator will be enhanced. Right now it is in 20% planning features. I will guarantee that you will see good results with this.

We plan to add staircase, rooms, columns on the corners. So it will look much better.

19. Spectre9000

Spectre9000

I was referring to the blockyness of the pathing rather than it only being 2D. Also, why would you put props into a dungeon generator when it should be left up to the user to generate his own content and only allow the dungeon generator to build the basic layout?

20. sleglik

sleglik

Well user can select how it will be generated. So that dungeon can be also used for 2d games. Right now it is only basic settings.

21. matis1989

matis1989

It looks better and better and I want it more and more:) expected date of release?

22. sleglik

sleglik

Conversation, Questlog we can release this weekend. The rest will take some time. Friends are working on AI (patroling, pathfinding).

If you want, you can have it sooner with better price. The only thing what is important is storage of data (xml). So now we test this.

23. sleglik

sleglik

So conversation / basic q and quest log is completed.

You can download demo (windows demo only sry) here .

Controling in demo

W,A,S,D mouse look, E will activae cube and sphere for chat (NPC) and "J" will display quest log.

We also can sell this module from this point. First customers have chance to change RPG kit how they want. We will add features what you want.

Starting price is 40 dollars but it will grow up. No other payment. Every upgrade will be for free.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  24. sleglik

sleglik

New version of demo uploaded here (only windows demo)

ESC will open menu. Now it works with Save / Load. It will store everything (including quest log, items in inventory etc...).

Cylinder is one item that you can pick up (E).

AI can random patrol. Pathfiding will be added later.

During weekend I will prepare better demo to demonstrate power of conversation / engine and saving dropped items in the world. Right now you cannot drop items only move them in inventory.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  25. matis1989

matis1989

I bought it and I'm very satisfied. Quest, conversation manager, everything is very good created for that price! When sleglik finish works, this will be the best RPG kit for Unity for me. I look forward to the updates.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  26. sleglik

sleglik

Thank you Matis :).

Right now I submited rpg starter kit on asset store. Let me know when you want to send new version.

We are working on it every day. So we added 3 new features from your version :).

27. sleglik

sleglik

So we added new feature to our kit. We have first version of pathfinding.

You can watch video how easy is to apply path finding. You will only attach script to your enemy (in demo scene it is spider) and thats all.

demo here

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  28. Hans

Hans

nice,

let me know when/were i can by both please

29. sleglik

sleglik

You can buy whole package for 50 dollars. You can pay it by paypal. If you are interested send me PM. All other upgrades will be for free.

30. Hans

Hans

sent ya a pm

31. sleglik

sleglik

Ok Hans another customer. I hope happy! :)

Now we added new feature to our starter kit.

Leveling system / atributes / skills (only combat skills). I think this is the greatest advantage. You can easily change behaviour of whole leveling system. I hope that video on youtube will demonstrate it clearly :). Price will not change, it will stay on 50 dollars. All other upgrades will be of course free.

video here

Note:

I have global settings in main menu but it is only for testing purpose! It should be hidden and player should not change it during playing. Global settings is for game maker and not for players.

Note2:

If you want I can give windows demo of this application.

32. matis1989

matis1989

New version is perfect! Pathfinding work like charm, different leveling systems very nice idea,... This kit is better and better:) Good luck with next update.

33. sleglik

sleglik

34. TopFox

TopFox

hello nice kit but.. how can i attack with the sword or have an sell store?

35. sleglik

sleglik

Pick up is automaticall. You just press "I" to open inventory. RIght click on the sword and it will equip it. When you press "C" it will display Character window. You will see icon of that sword.

Animation of that sword is not included. I am missing "hands" that will hold that sword.

Attack is left click on sphere (spere is enemy).

36. RoyS

RoyS

Very nice weather system. I like how the night gets quite dark. This is really coming along nicely. I'm impressed.

How do you drop and place an inventory item back into the world? If I place a table or a display case in the scene, can I place that sword on it or place it on the ground?

37. sleglik

sleglik

1. left-mouse click on the sword (it will change mouse icon) and than click outside inventory

2. that sword has rigidbody = so if that table will have collider it will remain on the table

I am really happy that you are happy :). Right now I need more customers :D

EDIT: Right now I am working on better stats of enemies and editors for it. I hope that it will be finished tomorrow.

I can send you new version with it.

38. matis1989

matis1989

wow! amazing weather system. good work. When you can create some spells/player skills?

39. sleglik

sleglik

combat skills are completed

spells I dont know when....

40. sleglik

sleglik

So RPG starter kit is now in the asset store.

You can find it in Complete projects.

41. RoyS

RoyS

42. sleglik

sleglik

Yes of course. It will be added. Please wait about one week. I need chests too for my game :)

43. RoyS

RoyS

Is there a way we can choose to not pick up an item but still have it as an option for pickup? Sometimes you may want to use a mace instead of a sword, so you can only pick up the mace and leave the sword. Or as in Morrowind and Oblivion, you may choose to loot some items and leave the clutter.

44. sleglik

sleglik

In GlobalSettings you can modify RPG starter kit. Change AutomaticPickup to false :).

I know that weak point of my kit are tutorials. I am only adding new features and no tutorials. So I will try to improve it. I think you will be happy how will shops and item generator work! :)

45. Hans

Hans

great looking forward to the tutorials and the magic system

46. solidcrash

solidcrash

same here, Looking forward to tutorials and option how can we editor the games without our brains blow up... ( for us; artist :p )

to improved your games kit...

is there any action script? like switch lever or pull rope? ( mind me cos I has no idea if this need script for that... :rolleyes: )
    just like that when character pull the lever...

I perfecter FPS "open the door" as in this clip ( skip to 1.50 for open door.. ) than "ghost open the door for you" games...

(at start of mirror edge clip, I like that slide down the slop. its nice,.)

do you think it will look great? or too much?

47. sleglik

sleglik

To Hans: I will write you email about new addons as usual.

To Solidcrash: If you bought kit through asset store (I cannot recognize it) you can be added to my "customer folder" and I can send you email everytime when is some upgrade. I think that on Asset store is not weather system yet. I am working on it every day. So I cannot submit new version every day.... I will submit version on asset store every 14 days.

Until end of week you will have tutorials for Quests, Conversation system and Item generation with shop system. My goal is that you can create games like similar to these games : World Of warcraft, Oblivion / morrowing, Anarchy online. Important note: I mean style of these games and not size :).

To Solidcrash: Lever will be in future. But really I need to finish another tasks. That sliding I think is quite easy. It is only update to First person controller and display some animation. Maybe easier than that lever :)

48. sleglik

sleglik

First tutorial for Save/Load.

I am talking about chest (containers). Chests are not implemented but I will show how I have to update save/load system that chest will keep their content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLvSfwxe8ak

If you have any question PM / email. If you understand and survive my English I can prepare more :).

49. RoyS

RoyS

Thank you for the tutorial on the save/load. Very well explained.

50. sleglik

sleglik

Ah thanks. Right now I finished PDF of this tutorial. Anyone interested in tutorial how he can apply SaveLoad part of RPG in any game?

It will be longer example but you can use it.