Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Localization package. Save yourself a lot of time in the future, enable localization!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MikeHergaarden, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

it's common in all Google Spreadsheets now , so sending you my specific URL makes no difference. I can see where you're looking for more spreadsheets. I will comment that set out , cuz I'm always going to only use one.
    so I can fix it...

I'm coder or....something to that effect...

FYI it's happening after the first loop when the first sheet has already been processed, so all the data is there , all the languages, all the text is there.
    its just looking for a second sheet or what it thinks is a second sheet.

2. iivo_k

iivo_k

Which file / line? I'd like to do the same.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Lines 356-360
    LanguageEditor.cs

comment out this set:

//Are there more than one sheet(s)?, ..Error...

Code (CSharp):
    1.         if(loadEntries.Count < 1) {
    2.             unresolvedErrors++;
    3.             Debug.LogError("Sheet " + sheetTitle + " contains no languages!");
    4.             return false;
    5.         }

4. zhuchun

zhuchun

Hi, I purchased this long long ago and notice it today :)
    Sadly that pdf address in readme file has been removed, where can I find doc/tutorial?
    Thanks.

5. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

6. zhuchun

zhuchun

7. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Users do not need a connection: translations are downloaded and baked in the editor. Runtime players simply load those data files

zhuchun likes this.
  8. zhuchun

zhuchun

Ah! I love that! Thank you!

9. NaRango4

NaRango4

Hi Mike,
    Does this package support South-Asian languages like Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Sinhala?. All of them are categorized under ISO_639-1 and Google Docs supports them.

Reviews of your plug-in is awesome. I just wanted to know whether the languages I asked above works or not before I actually buy the plugin. Please test [use Google Translate for getting text :)] and confirm as soon as possible.

Thx.

10. NaRango4

NaRango4

11. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

12. flsoft

flsoft

Hi Mike,
    I am trying to add a Japanese version as the second language to my Unity project. Since it doesn't work, I want to check with you, if the configuration should be correctly done. In your documentation about "Localize Unity assets", you say "a. Attach the LocalizedAsset.cs script to your game object". But which game object I should attach the script? I've attached this script to English version, then created a link to a Japanese asset (Localize Target) via Inspector. My second question is, "b. Set the target on the LocalizedAsset to your Material/MeshRenderer/", but since my project is 2D, I have no MeshRenderer. My last question is "c. For this script to work, you need to add localized copies of ....Resources/Languages/Assets/XX/YY....". Is this directory structure flat, I mean YY with only file name, or I have to duplicate the original directory structure of the original?
    I am looking forwards to hearing soon from you. Thank you