Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Aubergines PostPRocess Effects Released in Assetstore

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Jun 23, 2011.

1. aubergine

aubergine

Stunning post processing effects for Unity PRO 3.x and 4.x! Simply add them to your camera for dramatic visual impact!

ASSETSTORE LINK

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Looks awesome! Three questions: What does it cost? Does it require Pro? Can I use 2 or more effects together?

3. aubergine

aubergine

It costs 100$
    Does require PRO
    You can use 2 or more effects together and get totally new effect just like you do with the build-in pro effects.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  4. helmers

helmers

Can one control the amount of desaturation in the Desturation effect?
    I would like to use the effect if can control to remove a certain percentage of color.

5. aubergine

aubergine

Yes you can desaturate the screen with a given value from the start up or from a control script during runtime from 0.0 to 1.0
    0.0 is original color
    1.0 is totally desaturated color.

6. dgutierrezpalma

dgutierrezpalma

It would be possible to create a selective desaturation (where one GameObject is less desaturated than the rest of the scene)?

7. aubergine

aubergine

If you mean to achive a SinCity kind of effect, that is not available in this package.

If you want to desaturate individual objects in your scene, i suggest to use an object space shader for it.
    If you want to desaturate whole scene except one or a few objects, i may or may not add it to this package in a close or a distant future as a post process effect.

For now, you can use the desaturate shader to render screen, render the object you want unsaturated in another camera and combine the 2 render textures in the final pass. As a consequence, you might get inaccurate lighting, shadows..etc.

8. aubergine

aubergine

Well, SinCity effect is ready.
    You made me curious and i looked into it now, turns out it was too easy.
    Everything on screen gets desaturated except red tones.

SinCity Effect

SinCity Effect Bleeding walls

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  9. dgutierrezpalma

dgutierrezpalma

I know we can't desaturate only part of the model, so the SinCity effect wouldn't be possible (unless the part of the model I don't want to be desaturated is in a different GameObject). That is the reason why I was asking if it could be possible to select one or several GameObjects (maybe using layers or tags) and not applying the postproduction effect to those models.

Your suggestion of using two cameras and combining their render textures could cause draw order problems if one of non-desaturated objects should be (partially or totally) occluded by a desaturated object.

Edit:
    You wrote your last post while I was writing this post. The effect looks really cool :)

10. aubergine

aubergine

Thanks, but this is not in the assetstore pack yet. I will tweak some stuff and probably wait until i can add some more effects before i update the current pack.

Any suggestions i may consider offcourse.

11. aubergine

aubergine

Currently i have new additions for this pack and i will shortly update the assetstore with these to be included.
    New shaders are:
    Sincity effect
    Pulsing screen effect (can be used in horror games to show heart beat)
    Animated raindrops with 1 texture (although you can do this with a series of textures with displacement shader already in the pack)
    Post processed water (no need for geometry, draw your water from a post process effect, unfortunately it only works in d3d9 profile)

Water effect is based on this GameDev article and it has some minor tweaking needed before i can add it to the assetstore.

12. aubergine

aubergine

1 more shader to include to next update,
    StereoAnaglyph side by side rendering with only 1 camera, correct gamma corrections and customizable depth.
    This will give you a very nice depth sense and a terrible headache if you use it for a long time.
    So this one deserves a health warning.

I will upload new additions to the store as soon as i find out how its done.

13. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Really interested in seeing that heartbeat shader

14. aubergine

aubergine

I will post a webplayer for you to test effects before you buy.

15. onllm

onllm

i need to know the performance impact on mobile devices before considering purchase

16. aubergine

aubergine

Just submitted the v1.1 update with additional effects including;
    SinCity
    Pulse
    Raindrops (a must for highspeeding cars in a rainy day)
    StereoAnaglyph_AmberBlue
    StereoAnaglyph_GreenMagenta
    LensCircle (for blinking eye or screen transation effects)

Included help for most scripts, tidied up code.

17. aubergine

aubergine

I do not have a mobile platform to test it.
    All i can say is, shaders are optimized and scripts include small help notices for further small optimizations.
    Finally, these will have same impact on performance as the Unity Built-In provided image effect shaders do.

EDIT: Also all shaders target 2.0 and they have maximum of 12 instructions per shader (Mostly 4-6)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  18. aubergine

aubergine

Version 1.2 uploaded, should be in the assetstore shortly.
    With bugfixes and small optimizations.
    You may notice those bugs in the webplayer because i didnt updated it yet. Mainly, when you run 2 or more shaders some of their values used to overwrite eachother. This is fixed now.

19. aubergine

aubergine

Submitted the Version 1.3 and now this package is flawless without bugs.
    Also updated the try before buy webplayer so you can see the final version.

This is the last bug fix update, i will focus on new shaders for a new update if there will be any and probably the price may rise as well.

Thanks to those who already bought the package, you should update to this 1.3 one. If you have any questions, you can reach me from the email mentioned in the readme.txt.

20. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

How do these work on mobile devices? Are you planning on making a mobile pack? I'm looking for a night vision and thermal vision for mobile.

21. aubergine

aubergine

First of all, i am not able to test it on a mobile device, as i dont have an iphone neither the licence for it.
    However, if you are only looking for night vision and thermal vision, they are both calculation wise very cheap effects. If you can run Unitys own image effects flawlessly on your mobile device, i dont see any reason why you cant run my effects the same way.
    If it helps, nightvision has;
    // Fragment combos: 1
    // opengl - ALU: 5 to 5, TEX: 1 to 1
    // d3d9 - ALU: 4 to 4, TEX: 1 to 1

and thermalvision has;
    // opengl - ALU: 18 to 18, TEX: 1 to 1
    // d3d9 - ALU: 29 to 29, TEX: 1 to 1

An approximately complicated builtin VortexEffect has;
    // opengl - ALU: 19 to 19, TEX: 1 to 1
    // d3d9 - ALU: 28 to 28, TEX: 1 to 1

soo its pretty much the same. Hope it helps.

22. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

I would love to buy it, but $45 is a lot to spend on something that may not work. I'll have to think about it.
    Thanks,

23. aubergine

aubergine

As the current shaders are stabilized and bug free. I focus on adding new effects.
    Here is one new Scratched Movie effect as seen in Nvidia shader library which will be in the next update. This can be used for an old movie effect together with Unity provided Sepia effect.
    Obviously its best seen when animated, Scratches are random fetched from a 2d noise texture which is also provided.

Attached Files:

24. brn

brn

Nice work Aubergine, Great looking effects!

25. aubergine

aubergine

Thank you brn!!

Updated to 1.4 with additional effect and one minor bug fix. Now the pack contains 25 different effects.

The PRICE will slightly INCREASE in the Next update. I dont have a time schedule for it. It maybe today, next week or a year after.
    Soo, if you didnt grab it yet, you better hurry :)

26. aubergine

aubergine

Scanlines shader will be added to the next update, this is good for scifi computer screens, or a robot vision..etc.
    It can be both coloured and monochrome. Scanlines are animated and count is adjustable.

EDIT: I have exaggrated the thickness and intensity of the lines to show the effect in this photo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  27. Alienchild

Alienchild

I am very interested in the water effect. Is it possible/easy to add your own displacement image? The one you have doesn't tile (and I would also want to create my own).

28. aubergine

aubergine

About adding your own displacement image, its just a normal map of any kind. As long as you have any greyscale image, you can flag it as a normal map and tick the box "generate normal map from greyscale" and there you have one.

If you want to tile the displacement image, it will need just a little tweaking on the shader part.
    If you need it, i can add a tiled version in the next update.

The water effect currently only works in windows executable. And there are plenty of bugs to be fixed before i can release it.

29. Alienchild

Alienchild

Alright, thanks for good answers. Please keep us posted on when the water effect works like it should :)

30. aubergine

aubergine

uhmm, i think i misunderstood you.
    Do you mean Raindrops shader when you say the normal map doesnt tile? If so, ive supplied 3 raindrop maps to be used with that shader and the web demo shows only 1 of them which doesnt tile yes. The other 2 in the pack tile normally.

or do you mean the post process water shader which is not in the pack yet?

31. aubergine

aubergine

Adding some bloom to NVIDIA Godrays shader results with following image, which will also be in the next update.
    Left photo is the original, right one is with the shader.

EDIT: This one is used in Riddick games for his night vision.

Attached Files:

• $3.jpg
      $3.jpg
      File size:
      15.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  32. aubergine

aubergine

Here is the new addition Thermal Vision v2, this one is much heavier in calculation but its far better in visuals. If you want cheap effect, you can use the previous one. If you want a gorgeous effect, you should use this one.
    It uses camera depth and normals for radiation calculation.
    Average colors are variable so you can set them yourself.
    It will be added to the next update.

Attached Files:

• $1.jpg
      $1.jpg
      File size:
      70.9 KB
      Views:
    • $2.jpg
      $2.jpg
      File size:
      75.7 KB
      Views:
    • $3.jpg
      $3.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
  33. aubergine

aubergine

And this is the NightVision v2 to complete the previous Thermalvision v2, noise is animated as well.
    This is slightly cheaper than the thermal vision v2 but more expensive than nightvision v1
    Will soon be updating the pack in asset store to v1.5.

Attached Files:

• $1.jpg
      $1.jpg
      File size:
      72.4 KB
      Views:
    • $2.jpg
      $2.jpg
      File size:
      72.6 KB
      Views:
  34. aubergine

aubergine

screenshot added to the first post.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  35. Alienchild

Alienchild

Alright, that hit my sweet-spot. *purchased*

36. aubergine

aubergine

Hey, thank you for the purchase.
    I forgot to add color property to the nightvisionv2 shader, its already there in the code but just didnt add the variable there. I will correct it in a few days with some new additional shaders. But meanwhile if you dont want to wait and want to get different colors, just contact me in private and i will show you how.

37. aubergine

aubergine

screenshot added to the first post.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  38. Alienchild

Alienchild

I would just like to bump this up by congratulating you on a very fine product! I can really recommend it and it has already had a good impact on some aspects of my WIP-game :) Worth every penny!

39. aubergine

aubergine

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I hope the others who bought the package are satisfied as well.
    It would be great if someone could write alittle review on the asset store though :)

40. aubergine

aubergine

Just added new effects and submitted V1.6 to the store. New effects include;
    ThermalVisionV2, Gaussian blur (Vertical and horizontal seperately so you can make combinations)
    If you bought this package, update your assets with this new version.

This pack now includes 33 most widely used effects which you can see in AAA titles.
    If you want any kind of effect which is not already provided to be added in this package, just let me know.

41. aubergine

aubergine

Antialias and noise(like in mass effect series) is added. And i will shortly update the asset store with this one.

42. Alienchild

Alienchild

Sweet can't wait to check them out :D

43. aubergine

aubergine

Updated to v1.7 with additional effect.

Decreased price 50% off for a short time.

44. alperozer

alperozer

Hi Aubergines,

Can I make a postprocess effect something like led screen in the following sample ( such as in stadiums or concert stage)

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  45. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

You could probably achieve that effect with a GUI Texture and a render camera, but that would require Pro.

46. aubergine

aubergine

alperozer, you want it as a full screen effect or an object space effect? possible eitherways.

47. aubergine

aubergine

there is a 3dtiles shader in the pack, which after some tweaking does smiliar effect as seen in the below picture.
    However, if you want hexagonal led shapes with the black outlines as seen in your photos, you can achieve that with a texture overlay instead of calculating boxes programmatically.

Attached Files:

• $led.jpg
      $led.jpg
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
  48. alperozer

alperozer

Hi,

Thank you very much for your replies.

They helped me very much. We want a led screen object consists of small hexagonal led shapes as part of a scene.

So I think GUI Texture and a render camera option will work in this case hopefully.

49. aubergine

aubergine

GUI Texture has nothing to do with what you want to achieve.
    You just overlay a hexagonal tilable texture on whatever you want(texture or a render texture) and preferably add some glow and bloom depending on the normals of your led mesh and camera view.

50. aubergine

aubergine

Hello people,

Ive posted a free effect in this post, its a simple bloom shader (faking it for speed)

So, you might want to grab it as well.

As you who already bought the package are already familiar with the scripts, you might want to tidy up the cs file and remove the unnecessary parts from it.