Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Progress Bar in "Build Player"

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Jonathan Czeck, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

I am trying "Compress Textures" and it'd be good to know approximately how much longer it is going to take. . . :)

File this under the "polish" category.

Edit: err maybe it's there... someone told me it was a little window that pops up.

Cheers,
    -Jon

2. klindeman

klindeman

Hmm, I seem to have a progress bar for compress textures, just not build game.

One thing that might be nice, is the ability to cancel those processes. I have started to build/compress textures and noticed I forgot to do something, and wanted to stop it.

3. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

I know it would be nice to cancel when it's just started exporting stuff. At least know that once we've made ONE built game, any textures that were used are now compressed...

You get a toolbar if you turn off 'Fake Texture Compression' In the prefs...

4. redlamp_legacy

redlamp_legacy

I'm new to the app and would find this feature immensely helpful. The first time I went to build an app I thought I did something wrong.

While a progress bar may not be essential, some form of prominent visual indicator would be great.

5. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

I third this. The bigger a game gets the longer your sitting there wondering if something went wrong... I've sat there for quite awhile waiting and then hit the build button again just out of frustration. It's not impatience, just unsure that Unity isn't hanging.