Unity Community

Page 57 of 126 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2514

1. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kevork View Post
    @unikron, first, we've been using 2D Toolkit for months now, and it is great, so thanks! For my question, we are switching an existing product from Sprite Manager 2 to 2D Toolkit, however the existing product is currently using TruncateTop/Bottom/Left/Right. Is there an easy way to do this with 2D Toolkit? Thanks again.
    Not in the official distribution, but there is an "unsupported" clipped sprite implementation that you can use here. Its in the private support area of our forum, you'll need to register your copy if you haven't already.

2. Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by unikron View Post
    Not in the official distribution, but there is an "unsupported" clipped sprite implementation that you can use here. Its in the private support area of our forum, you'll need to register your copy if you haven't already.
    Worked great, thanks again.

3. Posts

2d toolkit will work in 3d worlds?

Hi all, i am thinking in 2d toolkit to create a fun Gui hud in my gameplay.. I bealive this tool can help me.. but before i buy it, i need to know if there is any restriction with the 3d world, or it will work correctly if i use it just like a hud.

Thanks! and the tool looks great, it's such a petty you dont have a trial version

4. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Hi yotes,

It works fine in 3d worlds. One of our demo places a sprite in a 3d scene and as far as Unity is concerned its just a 3d object, and just works. You constrain it in 2D, etc and use an ortho camera to make it "2D".

I've had a few requests for a trial version, but the main problem is 2D Toolkit is distributed in full source, and I'd really like to keep it that way. The problem is its really hard to create a trial from a product which is distributed in source, and where one of the main values is the fact that you get full source. I've had a few ideas on how to do create something workable, but it will be a while before I get around to setting it up really.

unikron

Edit - Obviously if you're gonna display it in 3d, you'll need anisotropic filtering turned up and also a bit more padding as you're more likely to actually require the mipmaps then.

5. Posts
    Ok, thanks, yes of course i know that the problem is the source code, and the extra work that it requires.

One thing, I don't want to show my sprites in 3d, they will be on the front as a hud (I'm learning unity and 3d, so I`m a noob and I don't know the correct words -I harldy can write in english :P- ) the game inself will be 3d, but I just want 2d toolkit to make the gui, because there are many tools to do this, but i want something less restrictive, and more artistic.. I believe this is the tool to go.

Thanks for your fast answer! I'll chek the video that you said!

6. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by yotes View Post
    Ok, thanks, yes of course i know that the problem is the source code, and the extra work that it requires.

One thing, I don't want to show my sprites in 3d, they will be on the front as a hud (I'm learning unity and 3d, so I`m a noob and I don't know the correct words -I harldy can write in english :P- ) the game inself will be 3d, but I just want 2d toolkit to make the gui, because there are many tools to do this, but i want something less restrictive, and more artistic.. I believe this is the tool to go.

Thanks for your fast answer! I'll chek the video that you said!
    Yeah thats fine too. That same demo i mentioned also has 2d elements in the same scene, using a second camera to overlay it. You're really free to do what you want / like, there aren't any restrictions in place with the 2D elements.

7. Posts
    *edit* nevermind.
    Last edited by TorontoJoe; 05-16-2012 at 10:32 PM.

8. Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Resetting a tk2dAnimatedSprite

Has anyone ever had trouble resetting a tk2dAnimatedSprite after it has played? the only way I can see how is to have the last frame of the animation return to the original state. any advice?
    Scripter/ Programmer
    krishneel_prasad@hotmail.com <-- Email
    http://krishneelprasad.blogspot.com/ <-- Portfolio

9. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    There isn't an API function to do that yet. I'll get something like that in the next version. I'll be posting a beta of the next version to the forum soon so you should be able to grab it from there - http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit...board,4.0.html

10. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    We have a tutorial in the May Asset Store newsletter titled "Sprite Optimizations using 2D Toolkit". Its a walkthrough covering sprite dicing, custom sprite shapes and multiple materials, well worth a look if you haven't tried these features already.

http://unity3d.com/unity/asset-store/in-depth/issue4

11. Posts
    Hi,
    I like both the DemoFont and GradientFont in the package. However, I am using them in a 960 x 640 resolution so the texts become very much blurred. If you have time, could you please release a newer version (another material as well) so that which is suitable to use for very large text e.g. 100 units tall.

Thanks very much for your time!

12. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilegamelabs View Post
    Hi,
    I like both the DemoFont and GradientFont in the package. However, I am using them in a 960 x 640 resolution so the texts become very much blurred. If you have time, could you please release a newer version (another material as well) so that which is suitable to use for very large text e.g. 100 units tall.

Thanks very much for your time!
    Hi!

That font is from here - http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/tipos-pereira/londrina/
    You can use that to generate any size you'll need. If I generated one at 2x, it really depends on the size you'd like to view it at as well.

Looks like their license has changed (the font used to be called Folk, and the license was different, its still free though). I've added the sources to credits.txt in the demo folder in the 2D Toolkit package.

13. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    We haven't been resting - 1.75 beta 1 is now here, with preliminary isometric tilemap support!
    Get it now from our support forum.

http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit...pic,316.0.html

14. Posts
    hello, I have a question,I don't konw how to use the button delgate and event,can you help me,write a example or a demo for me ,my email is fanxu1218@hotmail.com,thank you very much

15. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    I've posted a reply to your PM, but here is a copy of the script in case it can be of use to anyone else.

Code:  
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class ButtonTestScript : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     tk2dButton button;
    8.     // Use this for initialization
    9.     void Start () {
    10.         button = GetComponent<tk2dButton>();
    11.         button.ButtonPressedEvent += ButtonPressed;
    12.         button.ButtonAutoFireEvent += ButtonAutoFire;
    13.         button.ButtonDownEvent += ButtonDown;
    14.         button.ButtonUpEvent += ButtonUp;
    15.     }
    17.     void ButtonPressed(tk2dButton source)
    18.     {
    19.         Debug.Log("Pressed");
    20.     }
    22.     void ButtonAutoFire(tk2dButton source)
    23.     {
    24.         Debug.Log("Autofire");
    25.     }
    27.     void ButtonDown(tk2dButton source)
    28.     {
    29.         Debug.Log("Down");
    30.     }
    32.     void ButtonUp(tk2dButton source)
    33.     {
    34.         Debug.Log("Up");
    35.     }
    37.     // Update is called once per frame
    38.     void Update () {
    40.     }
    41. }

16. Location
    Dallas
    Hello again,
    In the process of updating and turning my old game into an android game, I came up with this error when trying to access Play on a tk2dAnimatedSprite from Unityscript.

Assets/scripts/PlayerButtons.js(27,22): BCE0018: The name 'tk2dAnimatedSprite' does not denote a valid type ('not found').
    I've googled it a couple of times but the last time it came up was way back before you changed the architecture, so the old solution doesn't work anymore, as far as I can tell.

17. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Have you tried the Setup for JavaScript menu item? That should just fix it.

18. Location
    Dallas
    worked like a charm. Just didn't know where to find that. Thanks!

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unikron View Post
    Hi!

That font is from here - http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/tipos-pereira/londrina/
    You can use that to generate any size you'll need. If I generated one at 2x, it really depends on the size you'd like to view it at as well.

Looks like their license has changed (the font used to be called Folk, and the license was different, its still free though). I've added the sources to credits.txt in the demo folder in the 2D Toolkit package.
    Thanks very much!
    Could you give me some hints about how to use the downloaded files from that site in 2D Toolkit?
    Moreover, could you also release a high resolution version of "grad" texture used in the gradient font? Thanks!!!
    Last edited by mobilegamelabs; 05-28-2012 at 08:35 AM.

20. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Here is a tutorial on how to use the .fnt and texture files in 2D Toolkit - http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit...ng_a_font.html.

I don't have any higher res versions of the grad texture - it was intentionally created at quite low res, as it the gradient interpolated quite well when upscaled.