Unity Community

Page 56 of 126 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2514

1. Posts
    Updated to 1.7.1 patch1 over the weekend, but I'm getting following errors after the import has been completed.

With the new version I can no longer add sprites to my atlases. I'll always get the same errors.

1.6.1 patch 1 is working normally for me.

No other changes were done to the project.

Is this a known problem to be fixed by 1.7.1 patch 2 ?

Texture has out of range widht / height
    UnityEngine.Texture2D:.ctor(Int32, Int32)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder:ProcessTexture(tk2dSpr iteCollection, Boolean, Boolean, Texture2D, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, SpriteLut&, Int32) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:356)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder:Rebuild(tk2dSpriteColl ection) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:743)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder:RebuildOutOfDate(Strin g[]) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:133)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionTextureWatcher:OnPostprocessAl lAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[]) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionTextureWatcher.cs:24)
    UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal:Postproces sAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[], String[])

UnityException: Failed to create texture because of invalid parameters.
    UnityEngine.Texture2D..ctor (Int32 width, Int32 height)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.ProcessTexture (.tk2dSpriteCollection settings, Boolean additive, Boolean stretchPad, UnityEngine.Texture2D srcTex, Int32 sx, Int32 sy, Int32 tw, Int32 th, .SpriteLut& spriteLut, Int32 padAmount) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:356)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.Rebuild (.tk2dSpriteCollection gen) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:743)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.RebuildOutOfDate (System.String[] changedPaths) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:133)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionTextureWatcher.OnPostprocessAl lAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromAssetPaths) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionTextureWatcher.cs:24)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.Postproces sAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromPathAssets)

2. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Yes.
    This should've been fixed by patch2. You can also manually apply the patch as described a few posts above.

That was an unfortunate typo, sorry about that.

3. Posts
    I wanted to read the documentation on this product but both the official website and this thread links are bad... shame, i need a 2d toolkit that i can use soon... im not a fan of silent videos using text to explain things...

4. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    The docs site was down temporarily due to a problem with my sync script. It should work fine now. The walkthrough in the docs are always kept relatively up to date, so its probably best to use that as reference rather than the quickly outdated videos. We keep adding tons of features, and its not practical to re-record videos every time.

That said - more tutorials are coming soon to walk through all the new features which have gone in since 1.6/1.7 - embedded fonts, new sprite sheet import, tilemap editor, etc.

5. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unikron View Post
    Do you have sprites animating at that time? Also what version of 2D Toolkit are you using? I just need a bit of info so I go ahead and investigate this. Can't think of any reason of the top of my head, but I will investigate the next time I get a chance.
    Yes sprites are animating, I'm using the latest version of 2D Toolkit.

I added an exception check there and let it fall through, it seems to fix itself after an initial exception is thrown.

I have another question now, is it possible to grab the UV data of an animated sprite and apply it to something else? The reason I ask is 2D toolkit 2D scales the size of sprites based on the size of each individual sprite in the sprite sheet, so when I'm mkaing an iPhone port of a game if I make all the sprites imported at half their normal size 2D Toolkit will halve the size of all instances of that sprite in the game world. I would like to take the UV data applied to that sprite and put it on a plane or a cube (or anything really) which won't get scaled by 2D toolkit.

Sorry I hope I made sense with that comment? Basically if I change the import settings of a texture to be half its original size 2D toolkit will halve its size in the game world so suddenly a character is now half the size it should be on iOS but fullsize in PC.

Just started having problem with some textures I wanted to add to a sprite collection, if I try to add this texture to a sprite collection: http://i.imgur.com/e5pyU.png (it looks white but it isn't)

I get the following errors:

Texture has out of range widht / height
    UnityEngine.Texture2D:.ctor(Int32, Int32)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder:ProcessTexture(tk2dSpr iteCollection, Boolean, Boolean, Texture2D, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, SpriteLut&, Int32) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:356)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder:Rebuild(tk2dSpriteColl ection) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:743)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopuprawToolbar() (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.cs:410)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup:OnGUI() (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.cs:670)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

UnityException: Failed to create texture because of invalid parameters.
    UnityEngine.Texture2D..ctor (Int32 width, Int32 height) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/b0bcff80449a48aa/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/Graphics.cs:610)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.ProcessTexture (.tk2dSpriteCollection settings, Boolean additive, Boolean stretchPad, UnityEngine.Texture2D srcTex, Int32 sx, Int32 sy, Int32 tw, Int32 th, .SpriteLut& spriteLut, Int32 padAmount) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:356)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.Rebuild (.tk2dSpriteCollection gen) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:743)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.DrawToolbar () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.cs:410)
    tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.OnGUI () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.cs:670)
    Last edited by JabberWorx; 05-09-2012 at 12:15 AM.

6. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Are you running the latest version (1.70 patch2)?

7. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unikron View Post
    Are you running the latest version (1.70 patch2)?
    oh I'm using an older version as I haven't updated to Unity 3.5.1, I'll update it and get back to you

8. Posts
    Hi Unikron, i have a problem, when i put a new box collider in one sprite, the Z Position set me in -100000 automatically, and i can't move from that position, i don't which is the problem.

Thanks.

9. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    This implies your sprite isnt set up with colliders in the sprite collection editor. If you set it up in there, everything should just work fine.

10. Posts
    hi, i'm having some troubles adding colliders in the new sprite editor, when i set collider type to "polygon", the green collider box never appears, same with the rest of types of colliders, that box only appears if i check the "custom shape" box. what i'm doing wrong?

edit: ok i didn't watch the "collider" tab down there :P i'm still getting used to the new editor

11. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    It probably will get a bit of getting used to. There is a lot more functionality in there though. For example, you can draw polygon sprite shapes in addition to just polygon colliders hence the requirement for a "mode" tab.

Glad you've got it figured out though

12. Location
    WA, USA
    I noticed that ex2d supports: "adding animation events directly in the timeline editor."
    Does 2dtk have a similar feature?

13. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    You can attach animation events to frames in the animation editor. I'm not sure how it works in ex2d, but ours fires when the frame of animation is shown, which may or may not be ideal. The animation editor is due a revamp soon though, so if you have any requests feel free to let me know.

14. Location
    Budapest
    Well, we have talked about it earlier, a kind of animation blending via crossfade could be useful, if feasible...
    Sign-up and win: http://divemastergame.com

15. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by helioxfilm View Post
    Well, we have talked about it earlier, a kind of animation blending via crossfade could be useful, if feasible...
    Hi,
    I did actually do some tests with this and the results are 50-50. It could work as a special case with a lot of constraints, but not as a generic solution. Also, don't forget that 2 textures would have to be sampled for each of these further reducing performance, this overhead would be constant for the whole atlas, unless you're willing to trade draw calls for this. I think I may create an "unsupported" sample of how to do this, but I doubt it could be part of the main distribution.

16. Posts
    Hello unikron,

is there a video somewhere that shows the function of the tilemap editor? Or more images as shown in the documentation? That would be great

17. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Not yet, the tilemap editor is still under active development and more features and improvements are going in constantly so any videos are going to be outdated very soon. More docs coming soon too! If you need any help with it in the meantime feel free to post here, our forum, or email support at unikronsoftware dot com.

We don't have a demo scene yet, either, so that is coming soon too. Edit: we'll need a fair few scenes to demonstrate all the different features supported.
    Last edited by unikron; 05-14-2012 at 12:01 PM.

18. Posts
    Thanks for the quick answer!
    I think much about it, to buy the 2d toolkit. But what happens when version 2.0 appears? Will it be already in the near future and will the update cost money again?

19. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by TTkJonas View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer!
    I think much about it, to buy the 2d toolkit. But what happens when version 2.0 appears? Will it be already in the near future and will the update cost money again?
    Hi,

All future updates to 2D Toolkit will be free. There might be paid add-ons in the future, but that won't be an essential part of the core product. Hope that answers your question.

I had this typed so long ago but must've forgot to click "Post"

20. Location
    San Francisco, CA
    @unikron, first, we've been using 2D Toolkit for months now, and it is great, so thanks! For my question, we are switching an existing product from Sprite Manager 2 to 2D Toolkit, however the existing product is currently using TruncateTop/Bottom/Left/Right. Is there an easy way to do this with 2D Toolkit? Thanks again.