Unity Community

Page 11 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Mesh Collider Drawing Tool would be absolutely excellent. I've found that having irregular shapes for collisions would be very very helpful.

2. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Hi,

In your case, it looks like its filtering incorrectly and/or the texture is being compressed. Can you verify that the atlas texture isn't compressed (this is left on by default), and try ticking "Pixel Perfect Point Sampled" and Commit after that.

Are you downscaling the images in any way? The default behaviour is to add 2 pixels of padding (when Pixel Perfect isn't ticked, which should let you downscale to 50% with no issues in the border at all, and we do that in our games).

We have changed the behaviour in the latest version so there is a Compression option in the SpriteCollection itself, so it will be more obvious whats happening, and the Filtering settings are set up automatically based on the Pixel Perfect tickbox too.

unikron

Quote Originally Posted by oliverdb View Post
    Hej Unikron

I am getting small "smudge" errors on some of my sprites, like its cutting out something from other parts of the spritesheet, futhermore some of the texttures change a bit in the scene but it's not visible, any advice?

The bottom of the picture looks weird

Here it is in the atlas

Smudge

In texture Atlas

3. Location
    Emeryville, CA
    Hi

I am having trouble getting the Auto Fill for a Sprite Animation working. I have a Sprite Collection with Texture Refs named: Walk00 - Walk35. I select one of them for the first frame and click Auto Fill and nothing happens. Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?

4. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by gamefools View Post
    Hi

I am having trouble getting the Auto Fill for a Sprite Animation working. I have a Sprite Collection with Texture Refs named: Walk00 - Walk35. I select one of them for the first frame and click Auto Fill and nothing happens. Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?
    What you're describing seems correct. I take it you have committed your sprite collection, and that your names are correct in the list box. Please make sure that the case is correct and consistent in there too, as there is a bug with this in the current version. Also one more thing to try - create a new sprite collection, populate it and test that. Finally, What version of 2d toolkit are you running, and on what platform?

5. Location
    Emeryville, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by unikron View Post
    What you're describing seems correct. I take it you have committed your sprite collection, and that your names are correct in the list box. Please make sure that the case is correct and consistent in there too, as there is a bug with this in the current version. Also one more thing to try - create a new sprite collection, populate it and test that. Finally, What version of 2d toolkit are you running, and on what platform?
    I was missing Walk00, so I added that back in and I renamed them to all lowercase (walk00 - walk35). I'm not sure which of them fixed it, but it's working now.

Thanks for the quick response!

Oh, and I have a request for future versions. Please add a PauseAnimation() and ResumeAnimation() to the API.

6. Location
    Emeryville, CA
    I'm having an issue accessing the API. Here's what I'm doing:
    1) Create an Animated Sprite in the Hierarchy and set the variables in the menu. This works correctly, I can run the program and it works as expected.

2) Create a new script called Employee and within the Start function have the following line:

gameObject.GetComponent(tk2dAnimatedSprite).Play(" Walk");

3) Add the Employee script to the Animated Sprite and run the game.

This gives me the following error:
    Assets/Employee.js(13,46): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'tk2dAnimatedSprite'.

Thoughts?

7. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    I was missing Walk00, so I added that back in and I renamed them to all lowercase (walk00 - walk35). I'm not sure which of them fixed it, but it's working now.

Thanks for the quick response!

Oh, and I have a request for future versions. Please add a PauseAnimation() and ResumeAnimation() to the API.
    I will get this added to the next beta. By pause and resume I take it you simply want it to stop on the frame it's at, and then continue from where it left off?

Unikron

8. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    I'm having an issue accessing the API. Here's what I'm doing:
    1) Create an Animated Sprite in the Hierarchy and set the variables in the menu. This works correctly, I can run the program and it works as expected.

2) Create a new script called Employee and within the Start function have the following line:

gameObject.GetComponent(tk2dAnimatedSprite).Play(" Walk");

3) Add the Employee script to the Animated Sprite and run the game.

This gives me the following error:
    Assets/Employee.js(13,46): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'tk2dAnimatedSprite'.

Thoughts?
    create a Plugins directory within TK2droot and move the tk2d directory into it. This should fix the problem. We will do this by default on the next release.

9. Location
    Emeryville, CA
    I will get this added to the next beta. By pause and resume I take it you simply want it to stop on the frame it's at, and then continue from where it left off?

Unikron
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

Moving the files to a Plugins directory worked, but I also had to leave all the editor files outside of the plugins directory for the Inspector menus to continue working properly.

Thanks for your help!

10. Location
    Copenhagen
    Hi,

In your case, it looks like its filtering incorrectly and/or the texture is being compressed. Can you verify that the atlas texture isn't compressed (this is left on by default), and try ticking "Pixel Perfect Point Sampled" and Commit after that.

Are you downscaling the images in any way? The default behaviour is to add 2 pixels of padding (when Pixel Perfect isn't ticked, which should let you downscale to 50% with no issues in the border at all, and we do that in our games).

We have changed the behaviour in the latest version so there is a Compression option in the SpriteCollection itself, so it will be more obvious whats happening, and the Filtering settings are set up automatically based on the Pixel Perfect tickbox too.

unikron
    Well here is my Settings.. The funny thing is the target Ortho of 1, where my cam is 10. But its the only way I could make it work. The Atlas is set as an GUI.

ShakyShops
    gosupermodel.com - worlds best site for girls

11. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Setting cam ortho = 10 implies that its drawing into the wrong camera. In this case, it would really help if you could send me a package of the scene to investigate, as you seem to have it set up correctly. You can clear out the RGB channels of your textures if they are confidential. This could certainly save a lot of back and forth on the forums.

Let me know if this will work for you.

unikron

Well here is my Settings.. The funny thing is the target Ortho of 1, where my cam is 10. But its the only way I could make it work. The Atlas is set as an GUI.

12. Posts
    It looks awesome. Really amazing tool,good job

13. Location
    Copenhagen
    Yes it will work, but where to send it?
    ShakyShops
    gosupermodel.com - worlds best site for girls

14. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Yes it will work, but where to send it?
    Check your PM

15. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Version 1.10 has been submitted to the Asset Store!
    Those with beta access can grab it directly from the beta site if you prefer.

We have also launched a website for the product. We intend on updating it with the new features and bonus content, but for now it is mainly a live list of FAQs. The support form also does come straight to us, so if you need to contact us, you may use the website over the Unity forums if you do not wish to register here.

Version 1.10 is our biggest release to date. It has a major new feature, the ability to create multiple atlases directly from one Sprite Collection. This really speeds up building animated sprites when you have LOADS of frames. It is also brilliant for when you're developing your game, and don't want to care about where things end up! This feature involved getting a new texture packer, which tends to pack textures much much better than the built in Unity one, so you might get gains by simply switching over to the new format. We have also added across the board editor performance and memory improvements to help mainly with larger projects, but to those who have small projects, it is still a noticable improvement.

We hope you enjoy this version, and as usual, feel free to post any support requests / suggestions / issues either here, or use the mailer on the website.

unikron

16. Posts
    Apologies if this a dumb question, but coming from flash development I'm new to Unity and C#:

In my game pre-viz I've been animating some background elements like trees, flowers, and hills to bob or sway. Now that I'm finally building out the scene in Unity I'm confused about how to accomplish this. I was assuming instead of tons of animated sprites I could accomplish the effect by just modifying the meshes of the actual sprites. When I affect the mesh with a modifier like Mega-fiers it will initially work in the scene, but on first run the mesh resets and stays that way.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this even a feasible way to modify sprites beyond scaling? Would it be less expensive to just create several animated sprites?

Cheers!

17. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Hi,

This Is a very good question, and I will attempt to answer it as well as I can. There are multiple ways of achieving what you are after.

Firstly, if you can spare the texture space, creating an animated sprite will probably be the easiest option. This fits in perfectly with how 2d toolkit works, and won't need any additional code.

If your target is iPhone 3GS and above, you can use a shader to perform the deformation. This will by far be the most optimal solution. You can use the vertex color or alpha to seed the deformation, and you can have a large number of meshes moving simultaneously. The static sprite batches will also work in this case, and here, drawing this geometry will only be marginally more expensive than drawing the static one.

If you need to target other platforms which don't have vertex shader support, your best bet will be to write a custom sprite class inheriting from tk2dSprite, much like how the tk2dAnimatedSprite works, but here you will be doing something similar to the vertex shader but in c#. In terms of efficiency, this won't be anywhere near as efficient, but will work with minimal changes. Since you already have megafiers, all you will need to do is copy the deformation code to do the same thing here.

Hope this helps, and if you need any further pointers, feel free to send a PM.

Cheers,
    Unikron

Quote Originally Posted by sibhod View Post
    Apologies if this a dumb question, but coming from flash development I'm new to Unity and C#:

In my game pre-viz I've been animating some background elements like trees, flowers, and hills to bob or sway. Now that I'm finally building out the scene in Unity I'm confused about how to accomplish this. I was assuming instead of tons of animated sprites I could accomplish the effect by just modifying the meshes of the actual sprites. When I affect the mesh with a modifier like Mega-fiers it will initially work in the scene, but on first run the mesh resets and stays that way.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this even a feasible way to modify sprites beyond scaling? Would it be less expensive to just create several animated sprites?

Cheers!

18. Posts
    question.

in tk2dTextMesh.cs, line 267~277,

is it right that using variable maxWidth instead of width?

19. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Yes that is correct. In the case of single line text, it should be no different. However there was a bug where the centring for multiline text was only being performed on the length of the last line and not the full length of the entire mesh. This is what those changes fix.

Are you having any problem with it?

20. Posts
    in new version, is it fixed?

my version is still using 'width' there. (downloaded yesterday)

Page 11 of 126 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast