Unity Community

Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    We have started preparing the next release.

The new features for the next release will be:

- Improved font / sprite picking using prefab object (thanks for highlighting the issues with a large number of prefabs in the project, Loud). Performance within the interface is now massively improved.

- New atlasing algorithm instead of using the built-in Unity one.

- Able to set up maximum sprite size on SpriteCollection, will present error dialog box if the built atlas exceeds this size.

- Animated sprites will be able to span multiple atlases, and are automatically sorted by name and substrings. Animations are automatically created for the ones based on name, and manually created animations are retained.

- Button gui script and demo scene

- Multiple resolution support (have multiple source images and automatically create multiple atlases for automatic sprite scaling from iPhone4 to iPhone 3G/S resolutions). The atlas generation part of this feature will probably make it in the next release, as it is half complete, but the runtime code may not be in a state fit for general use.

Since this release will be quite large, and contain features we do not really use in house (sprites spanning atlases, etc), it is probably a good idea to release beta versions before submitting to the Asset Store.

If you have purchased 2d toolkit, and wish to help test these betas, or simply to get your hands on these new features sooner, please drop me a PM with your email address & invoice number and I will send you a private link to the current version.

unikron

2. Location
    Copenhagen
    Hey

I am now trying to use the 2D toolkit and I a have the following setup.

1) Ortho camera with a size of 10
    2) one background with size of 320X 480 on a sprite
    3) a spritecollectionw with target height 480

But I cannot make the background be pixel perfect, what am I doing wrong?
    ShakyShops
    gosupermodel.com - worlds best site for girls

3. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Hi,

You need to set your target ortho size in the Sprite Collection to 10 (the same as the camera). If you now create this sprite in the viewport it will be pixel perfect. You should check the atlas texture to make sure it isn't compressed if you want it to be exact. You don't need to press the Make Pixel Perfect, as that makes your sprite pixel perfect in relation to the main camera (which may be perspective).

unikron

Quote Originally Posted by oliverdb View Post
    Hey

I am now trying to use the 2D toolkit and I a have the following setup.

1) Ortho camera with a size of 10
    2) one background with size of 320X 480 on a sprite
    3) a spritecollectionw with target height 480

But I cannot make the background be pixel perfect, what am I doing wrong?

4. Location
    Copenhagen

Weirdness :-)

Yep I did that, but it did not work. What worked was to set the cam ortho to 10 and the collection ortho to 1?

Got some weird bugs too

Code:  
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. tk2dSpriteEditor.DrawSpriteEditorGUI (.tk2dSprite sprite) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteEditor.cs:65)
    3. tk2dSpriteEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteEditor.cs:24)
    4. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (Boolean isRepaintEvent, UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Boolean eyeDropperDirty)
    5. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI ()
    6. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    7. UnityEditor.PopupCallbackInfo:SetEnumValueDelegate(Object, String[], Int32)

Hi,

You need to set your target ortho size in the Sprite Collection to 10 (the same as the camera). If you now create this sprite in the viewport it will be pixel perfect. You should check the atlas texture to make sure it isn't compressed if you want it to be exact. You don't need to press the Make Pixel Perfect, as that makes your sprite pixel perfect in relation to the main camera (which may be perspective).

unikron
    ShakyShops

5. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    I'm just checking just in case, do you have the resolution in the Game window to be the same as specified in the Sprite Collection? By default the height is 640, and is targetting the iPhone4 resolution (960x640). I have tested this and it is definitely working. If you want, feel free to send a test scene via PM and I will check it out for you.

Regarding the bug, any idea what you did for it to happen? Looking at the code, it looks like you have a sprite in the scene created from a sprite collection has been deleted. Reopening the scene should fix that.

unikron

Quote Originally Posted by oliverdb View Post
    Yep I did that, but it did not work. What worked was to set the cam ortho to 10 and the collection ortho to 1?

Got some weird bugs too

Code:  
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. tk2dSpriteEditor.DrawSpriteEditorGUI (.tk2dSprite sprite) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteEditor.cs:65)
    3. tk2dSpriteEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Sprites/Editor/tk2dSpriteEditor.cs:24)
    4. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (Boolean isRepaintEvent, UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Boolean eyeDropperDirty)
    5. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI ()
    6. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    7. UnityEditor.PopupCallbackInfo:SetEnumValueDelegate(Object, String[], Int32)

6. Location
    Dallas
    I really like this tool so far, but I have a question about the textures. When I make an atlas and just drag textures in, it tells me that they are not readable. I can change this manually, but it takes a LONG time with a lot of textures. Is there a faster way of changing the settings on all my sprites at once?

7. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by arcandio View Post
    I really like this tool so far, but I have a question about the textures. When I make an atlas and just drag textures in, it tells me that they are not readable. I can change this manually, but it takes a LONG time with a lot of textures. Is there a faster way of changing the settings on all my sprites at once?
    This bug should have been fixed with 1.06c. You shouldn't have to change the textures by hand, it is done automatically for you.

Unikron

8. Location
    Dallas
    Redownloading fixed it.You must be putting out patches every few hours =D

9. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Haha. These were submitted very close to one another, but it's taking a while to approve on the Asset Store

10. Posts
    Hi!
    I have problem to autofill sequence,and finally I found out that my file name is in UpperCase;
    in tk2dSpriteAnimationEditor.cs
    You use in function autofill():
    string baseName = na.Substring(0, numStartA).ToLower();
    to get baseName,but in function FindFrameIndex() you use:
    if (System.String.Compare(baseName, 0, spriteDefs[j].name, 0, baseName.Length) == 0)
    to find the match name,but in this case you need to use:
    if (System.String.Compare(baseName, 0, spriteDefs[j].name, 0, baseName.Length,true) == 0)
    to ignore the case..

11. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Hi,

Thanks for reporting that. I will get that included in the next patch. We are currently in beta testing with it now, to try and catch issues with the features we don't use extensively internally.

unikron

Quote Originally Posted by harrisyu View Post
    Hi!
    I have problem to autofill sequence,and finally I found out that my file name is in UpperCase;
    in tk2dSpriteAnimationEditor.cs
    You use in function autofill():
    string baseName = na.Substring(0, numStartA).ToLower();
    to get baseName,but in function FindFrameIndex() you use:
    if (System.String.Compare(baseName, 0, spriteDefs[j].name, 0, baseName.Length) == 0)
    to find the match name,but in this case you need to use:
    if (System.String.Compare(baseName, 0, spriteDefs[j].name, 0, baseName.Length,true) == 0)
    to ignore the case..

12. Posts
    Hey Unikron,
    Do you have an ETA of the next release?

13. Posts
    Hi, how can i "trigger" or use with coding to the "Play Automatically" in the Animated Sprite? I want to used various Animated Sprite when i play with my main character, when i pressed the left or right on the keyboard.

Thanks

14. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by gabidof View Post
    Hi, how can i "trigger" or use with coding to the "Play Automatically" in the Animated Sprite? I want to used various Animated Sprite when i play with my main character, when i pressed the left or right on the keyboard.
    Thanks
    All you need to do is call Play("animation name") on your tk2dAnimatedSprite class when moving left or right. Check the animated sprites sample which contains an example of playing animations from code.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Hey Unikron,
    Do you have an ETA of the next release?
    I have replied your PM with a link to the beta.

15. Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brazil
    Man i love this tool! Thank you very much!!! It just saved me a lot of work
    Daniel Valente de Macedo
    --------------------------------------------------
    gtalk: danielvalentemacedo
    Twitter: danielvmacedo

16. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by danielvmacedo View Post
    Man i love this tool! Thank you very much!!! It just saved me a lot of work
    Glad you like it!

17. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    The latest beta has been posted to the beta site. This is the first feature complete version of the next major version (1.10).

The main feature in this version is support for building into multiple atlases. When this feature is enabled on a sprite collection, two features will be restricted: sprite dicing and the static sprite batcher. The main use case for this is for sprite animations, where having them span multiple atlases will not be an issue and cause unexpected draw call increases.

As this is a pretty major release, we will be beta testing it for a while. If anyone would like to help beta test it, or get their hands on it sooner, send me a PM, and don't forget to include your invoice number.

unikron

18. Posts
    Is there any support for gui components built into 2D toolkit? Also, is there a trial version I can try?

Thanks

19. Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Hi Tim,

There aren't any GUI components built in. However, we will be adding an example button script to the next version which is currently in beta testing. Unfortunately, there isn't a trial right now. I can see the value of a trial, but the whole system is quite integrated as a whole and isolating bits for a trial will require a lot of engineering effort which quite frankly, we'd rather spend adding more features to the product.

Cheers,
    Unikron

20. Location
    Copenhagen
    Hej Unikron

I am getting small "smudge" errors on some of my sprites, like its cutting out something from other parts of the spritesheet, futhermore some of the texttures change a bit in the scene but it's not visible, any advice?

The bottom of the picture looks weird

Here it is in the atlas

Smudge

In texture Atlas
    ShakyShops

Page 10 of 126 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast