Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Transitions Manager [Commercial Grade Freebies] NOW LIVE!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DFT-Games, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Notice to the Customers

This thread is no longer in use because of the impossibility to keep the trolls under control.

The sole way to get in touch with us is by using our support website (http://dftgames.uservoice.com) or by dropping us an email at the address written at the end of the documentation.

$CGF256x256.png

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. arvzg

arvzg

Hi Pino,

firstly, excellent work, I've been thinking about adding something like this to my project, and now I found it, it's free, and it works great!

1) One problem though, not sure if this is just me, but when I run the sample level, and Unity loses window focus (as in, I clicked on another window) the demo pauses itself, which is great, but when I go back to it, it wont unpause even if I click on the game window or press esc.

2) In my short time playing around with the demo, the only transition effect I can see is fading to a colour or image, and then to the next scene or image. Is there any possibility of different transition effects?

3. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Heyi arvz, you found someting (your #1) that our QA didn't, which is kinda scary! I've to kill a few people! It happens while splash or story is being shown. To fix it just get rid of the "else" at the line 370, leaving just the "if" alone. I'll submit right away a fix to the store, sorry for that!

About your #2: this is a very memory friendly tool so we published only the basic transitions (stripping away code caused that #1 bug...). What kink of effect would you like to have in it? I'll be happy to add it if it's light enough to be smoothly played on our Xperia Mini Pro, the Android platform where we stress test our mobile code.

Cheers,
    Pino

4. arvzg

arvzg

No worries, I knew it was probably just a silly one line bug, just thought you should know :)

I haven't actually got any specific need for other transition effects, I was more just brainstorming what the limits of the extension are in case I need them in the future. One does come to mind though - crossfading from one image into another without any image in the middle, though I suspect this is already possible if you just change the pitch black texture to the image you want to crossfade to. This and fade to black to image are really the only two transition effects anyone should need - other transition effects are mostly very silly looking

5. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

Many thanks for sharing this for free! I'll try it now :D

6. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

@arvz: The fixed version is live on the Asset Store! It makes sense to add a cross image fading for the stories, I'll add that option and submit a new update ;)

7. nah0y

nah0y

Hi!

Could you make a video and post it somewhere so we can see it in action ? Or maybe a webplayer ?

Because, for the moment, I cannot update to 3.4.2 due to an Android problem with this version, so I cannot try it...

Thanks!

8. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

@nah0y: this product works on any Unity version, you don't need to update to 3.4.2 to use it ;)

9. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

Actually I think you do. From what I've seen the Asset Store forces you to update in order to download the package, regardless of whether the underlying assets require that Unity version. I just assumed that it was connected with the packaging/uploading process. It's not entirely consistent across all products in the store, so perhaps you have to have at least the same version as the asset creator/uploader?

10. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

11. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

@All,

my last update to the Asset Store was packaged with Unity 4. I apologize for that... I didn't really think about the fact that not everybody actually upgraded so there is a lot of people still on 3.5.

I'm reinstalling now here Unity 3.5.7f6, so I'm going to re-package all using this version.

I will post here again as soon as the new packager are live on the Asset Store ;)

12. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi guys,

The updated version supporting both Unity 3.5 and Unity 4 is now live on the Asset Store ;)

13. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hey guys!

Looking at the monthly downloads I guess that almost any active Unity developer got this package :)

Any feedback? Any feature request?

Best!
    Pino

14. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

wow, totally missed this, downloaded now, thanks!

15. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Well,

I just had a support request about a menu not working after being loaded. This menu is using GUITexture for the menu items (odd choice), and clearly our "Fading texture" was in the way and the person was not a coder, so he couldn't identify the problem.

To avoid this to happen I'm going to issue a new version that will disable/enable our fading texture when needed.

Cheers,
    Pino

P.S.: Remember that to call a C# script from Javascript you have to move the C# file in the Assets->Plugins folder (create ir if you don't have it yet).

16. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

The new version just went live! Go get it :)

17. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

18. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Notice to the Customers

This thread is no longer in use because of the impossibility to keep the trolls under control.

The sole way to get in touch with us is by using our support website (http://dftgames.uservoice.com) or by dropping us an email at the address written at the end of the documentation.