Unity Community

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast

1. Posts

Prime31 Android Plugins Officially Live!

Just a quick note for anyone out there struggling with implementing Android plugins. We have officially released our first batch of Android plugins with more to follow in the coming days. Check them out here. The first round includes:

- AdMob
    - Flurry
    - Mobclix (with AdMob suballocation)
    - Facebook

If you have any requests for future plugins feel free to shoot us an email. We pump them out based on the number of requests received for each one so get your vote in!

2. Super Moderator
    offtopic: will the existing ios plugins be updated with ios5 features or has development stopped on those? for example there's game center improvements and push changes.
    Currently working with Sony on our new
    PS4 and Vita game in Unity!

This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd

3. Posts
    @hippocoder, iOS 5 features will be added for sure once it is released. There are some nice GameCenter additions that I look forward to implementing. As features get added (depending on how long they take to add) the price may change but if you already have the plugin you are totally covered.

4. Location
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks Prime! Firing up the AdMob plugin now - looking forward to getting Diversion on Android. Cheers!
    Simon Edis - Ezone.com

Unity iPhone Games: Diversion | Crazy Snowboard | Turkey Blast Reloaded | Scarecrow | Galactic Gunner

5. Posts
    @ezone, superb! I picked it up yesterday and am loving it so far! Do let us know how the plugin integration goes.

6. Posts
    Can you please upload an example of the FB plugin?

The options I need from the FB plugin:
    Choose login permissions.
    dialogs: feed and stream.share.
    Get access token.

Thanks

7. Location
    Perth, Australia
    Great job (as usual) - had our adMob ads running on the device within 5 mins. Keep up the awesome work!!
    Simon Edis - Ezone.com

Unity iPhone Games: Diversion | Crazy Snowboard | Turkey Blast Reloaded | Scarecrow | Galactic Gunner

8. Location
    Derbyshire
    A sturdy and complete Android OpenFient plugin please! (will send an email too :P )

Hopefully, this would include support for:

Challenges
    Leader-boards
    Achievements
    OFX (the DLC component)
    Push notifications

If this used a similar api as your game center plugin, it would make it nice and easy to port from iOS to Android and back.

Also, a package price would be nice. So that I could just buy them all for one reduced price

Thanks!
    Last edited by DukeOfDesmo; 06-07-2011 at 03:54 AM.

9. Posts
    A plugin for Xperia Play control would be nice.

10. Super Moderator
    Think its pretty impressive that you are covering android and ios.

One plugin which I think we would all buy outright from you is some form of anti piracy check that works!

if (prime31.pirate) WalkGangplank(); // !!!

This is mostly because all cracking is now done via bots rather than people taking the time to crack an app. Popular apps will be cracked in dedicated fashion, but it will slow down / annoy people sufficiently that submitting an update will require them to do a manual crack again rather than use the bot.

Would this be a simple enough plugin for you to take on?
    Last edited by hippocoder; 06-07-2011 at 05:49 AM.
    Currently working with Sony on our new
    PS4 and Vita game in Unity!

This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd

11. Location
    Skövde, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post
    Think its pretty impressive that you are covering android and ios.

One plugin which I think we would all buy outright from you is some form of anti piracy check that works!

if (prime31.pirate) WalkGangplank(); // !!!

This is mostly because all cracking is now done via bots rather than people taking the time to crack an app. Popular apps will be cracked in dedicated fashion, but it will slow down / annoy people sufficiently that submitting an update will require them to do a manual crack again rather than use the bot.

Would this be a simple enough plugin for you to take on?
    Check my other thread on piracy, google has some nice info in the vid i link to. But a pluging would perhaps also be nice, but there is more stuff you should do really (if possible which i dont know)
    Magnus Söderberg
    CEO - Triolith Entertainment

12. Posts
    @De-panther, I didn't event know there was a stream.share dialog. I will play around with that today and if all is well I will add it to the plugin. I'll see if I can whip up a quick video as well. The others are covered by the plugin.

@hippo and @Legion, I'll put a piracy check on the list for the Android Etcetera Plugin. It's a bit too lite to stand on it's own.

13. Location
    Skövde, Sweden
    Magnus Söderberg
    CEO - Triolith Entertainment

14. Posts
    Thanks!

There are even more dialogs:
    http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/dialogs/
    Look at the bottom of the page.
    If you'll make something like the "FB.ui" on the FB JavaScript SDK of their, it could be the best. That way if and when they'll add another dialog, we could use it, without your need to update the plugin.

15. Posts
    @De-Panther, consider it done. I'll get on this today and get an update out

16. Location
    Dallas, Tx
    @prime31

Quick question... are you looking to add Twitter connectivity to this suite? We're going to be moving over to android and, of course, love your plugins on the iOS side. Just wanted to see if that was on the radar...

17. Posts
    @bpritchard, Twitter will most likely end up in there. With the way Twitter has been man handling developers we are gonna wait until the meeting next week to see what happens. It most definitely won't be an Xauth implementation though so it will require visiting Twitter's website for auth.

18. Location
    Hampshire, UK
    I'd definitely like to see a robust implementation of Open Feint, as Duke of Desmo suggested. Something which was broadly feature-compatible with GameCenter on iOS.

I'd also like to see an equivalent to your iOS Storekit plugin, using Android In-App Purchases.
    Experienced Game Developer Available for Freelance/Contract Work - My Portfolio

19. Posts
    @sybixsus2, Android In App Billing is next on the list. Expect it by the end of the week if all goes well.

As for Open Feint...that is a tough one. They already have an official Unity Android plugin out there. What about their version isn't adequate?

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast