Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Android Plugins Officially Live!

Discussion in 'Android' started by prime31, Jun 6, 2011.

1. prime31

prime31

@Marten, you can try enabling Google Adsense ads in the AdMob portal to get some more ad throughput in there. As for placeholders, I can't answer that question reliably. You will need to check with AdMob.

2. Mårten

Mårten

Thanks a lot Prime31, you really helped me out in a tight spot!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fantastic !

I vote for DeviceMotion ( Gyro support ) and CoreLocation ( GPS and Compass) Unity Android plug-ins !

Thank you,

Andrea

4. De-Panther

De-Panther

Does someone have working example for the Facebook plugin?
    A friend sent me a game with this, and it won't work on my Galaxy S.
    I also bought the plugin, and tried to use the example(changed the init to my fb app's app_id, also used the keytool as the fb doc asked, etc etc...).
    And it doesn't work.

I want to know if it's a problem with my device, or is it a problem in my code.

Thanks!

5. prime31

prime31

@Panther, what are you seeing in the logcat logs? Usually it is pretty clear what is wrong in there.

6. De-Panther

De-Panther

Ok, I figured things out.
    I had problems with the keytool.
    Now it works very well(both if I have the FB android app installed or not).

But I have some more questions :)

On other games I saw with facebook, you have the app icon on the blue header on the top of the fb screen. Can I have this?

When I have the FB android app installed(Login with Single-Sign-On), and I ask for the sessionToken- I get random text that I can't do anything with it.
    When I don't have the FB android app installed, I get the access_token - which I can use and understand(it was built from the FB uid and some other parameters). you can see an example of the use of it(and how it looks) here:
    https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/

Thanks again, it's a realy good plugin. I liked the Single-Sign-On and the fact that the plugin is very flexible.

7. De-Panther

De-Panther

I checked the access_token problem again, it looks like an old FB bug, they still didn't fixed it.
    Meanwhile, please give us the option to change DEFAULT_AUTH_ACTIVITY_CODE to -1 from 32665.
    This will make the app always use the regular dialog instead of the Single-Sign-On.

Thanks!

8. De-Panther

De-Panther

Ok, checked other stuff. toght maybe the sessionToken could be the same as "code" parameter(a parameter used to authorize FB user on the web) - but it wasn't.

Anyway, I have an Idea that maybe could work:
    You can call the old REST API on the android
    https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/mobile/#android

//call a Legacy REST API method
    Bundle parameters = new Bundle();
    parameters.putString("method", "auth.expireSession");
    String response = request(parameters);

And there is a method called "auth.getSession"
    http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/rest/auth.getSession/

The android SDK automaticly uses the access_token.
    The method "auth.getSession" return the access_token under a field called "request_args".
    Maybe it'll work the same way on the android.

It'll be good if you'll add support for the REST API (for methods that still doesn't exist on the GRAPH - like register to event).
    Then I could try this auth.getSession.

Thanks

9. prime31

prime31

@Panther, do you have an example screenshot of what you are referring to with regards to the logo? I am not sure what you are referring to with DEFAULT_AUTH_ACTIVITY_CODE. Can you better explain what that is?

10. De-Panther

De-Panther

You can find DEFAULT_AUTH_ACTIVITY_CODE on "facebook.java":
    private static final int DEFAULT_AUTH_ACTIVITY_CODE = 32665;

When it's value is 32665, it uses Single-Sign-On by default.
    When it's value is -1, it won't use the Single-Sign-On.
    You can add a switch like: FacebookAndroid.ActivateSSO(false);

About the app icon, it's not that important, I was just wondering. anyway... uploaded a pic from the old plugin I used.

Attached Files:

11. prime31

prime31

@De-Panther, you are overriding the Facebook icon. I'm not so sure they would like that. We have a policy to never modify the source of any SDK that we wrap unless it is to fix a bug in the SDK so that the update path is simple and clean. I would suggest opening a support request with Facebook to add the functionality to the SDK proper.

12. De-Panther

De-Panther

Ok, good to know, as I wrote, it's not that important to me. Just wondered how it works on other plugins

What about the DEFAULT_AUTH_ACTIVITY_CODE and the REST API?

thanks again

13. prime31

prime31

@Panther, Facebook is deprecating the entire REST API shortly. From the Facebook developer portal:

"Please note: We are in the process of deprecating the REST API. We recommend using OAuth 2.0 moving forward. We will not be supporting this method in the Graph API."

14. De-Panther

De-Panther

True, but it'll take time.
    There are still some important methods with no equivalent on the GRAPH API.
    There are still some tools requiring those methods.
    They have no actual date for the deprecating.
    And from my more than two years experience with FB API, even if they set a date for this things - it'll be more than a couple of months before they actually deprecating.

Adding the REST API request, will be as adding the GRAPH API request(and you already have it).

And as you can see - it may help me to solve the Single-Sign-On problem.

15. Alessaint

Alessaint

Just installed the social plugin - great job as always, Prime 31! Just wondering though why is Android implementation different from iOS? I mean it would be great to be able to use the same methods like postMessageWithLinkAndLinkToImage instead of doing it via graphRequest etc...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  16. prime31

prime31

@Allesaint, glad to hear you are liking the plugin! We were a bit worried it would be tough for people to integrate with Facebooks extra line of defense requiring te keys to be generated and uploaded to their servers.

For some reason, the raw postMessage methods are not present in the Android SDK. Chances are you can find an alternative in the Graph API which the plugin exposes for your use.

17. Alessaint

Alessaint

Thanks for the quick reply, Prime! The integration is indeed a bit tricky - making this work took me so much longer than with the iOS version :).

I think it works great now but there's still a little thing... I am able to post to wall via graphRequest but when loading up the bundle in graphRequest I get this errors in log (as long as the dictionary parameters aren't null)

07-22 19:04:44.020: WARN/Bundle(31528): Key message expected byte[] but value was a java.lang.String. The default value <null> was returned.
    07-22 19:04:44.020: WARN/Bundle(31528): Attempt to cast generated internal exception:
    07-22 19:04:44.020: WARN/Bundle(31528): java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to byte[]
    07-22 19:04:44.020: WARN/Bundle(31528): at android.os.Bundle.getByteArray(Bundle.java:1355)
    07-22 19:04:44.020: WARN/Bundle(31528): at com.facebook.android.Util.openUrl(Util.java:184)
    07-22 19:04:44.020: WARN/Bundle(31528): at com.facebook.android.Facebook.request(Facebook.java:595)
    07-22 19:04:44.020: WARN/Bundle(31528): at com.facebook.android.AsyncFacebookRunner$2.run(AsyncFacebookRunner.java:272)

The message however gets posted correctly. I tried to google that and obviously I'm not the only one with this problem. Have you experienced this?

PS: I'm not an experienced programmer so maybe I'm just missing something obvious :)

18. polytropoi

polytropoi

I'm having trouble with getting a real product ID to work using the IABAndroid plugin (2011-07-03 version). The test products work fine, but with a real product ID it goes through the whole process, connects to the store, sends a valid purchase request and emails a receipt verification, but never returns the successful purchase event. The debug log shows some prime31 error messages: signature verification failed, signature does not match data. My customer published it live to test with real users, and we've tried it unpublished with test users, same result. I think the public and private keys are correct, and the android manifest.xml has been updated. Any idea what might be the problem?

19. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

Hi Prime,
    We just released our game SaveToshi to the Market and I am getting a lot of exception reports from the plugin :
    for example :
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service com.prime31.billing.BillingService with null: java.lang.NullPointerException

and
    Unable to start service com.prime31.billing.BillingService@xxxxxxx with Intent {
    act=com.android.vending.billing.PURCHASE_STATE_CHANGED cmp=com.Nitako.SaveToshi/com.prime31.billing.BillingService (has extras) }: java.lang.NullPointerException

I know I am doing something right since some people are successfully buying the game, I dont know the source of this since it dosent happen on my device. any clues?

20. prime31

prime31

@UVRadiation, are you using the latest update from a couple days ago? There seems to be a couple devices that don't seem to properly support billing and they create Intents with empty actions which causes the exception. The latest update guards against this. If you know the Android version and device model please send it our way so we can dig in deeper.

21. prime31

prime31

@polytropoi, sorry about the delay. I didn't get an email notification that you posted for some reason. It sounds like you need to double and triple check your key. An invalid key or an invalid response from Google are all that can cause verification to fail.

22. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

@Prime, I didn't get any plugin update notice... so no update, I can add you to the viewer list in the bug reporting system temporarily (I am using bugsense) so you can have all the exception data inc device operation system etc.just tell me which email to add.
    I'll update the plugin in the meantime and push the update to the store.

23. prime31

prime31

@UVRadiation, you can add the email desaro@prime31.com and ill dig through the logs.

24. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

@prime Just sent you an invite, thanks for the support!

25. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

I just pushed the updated version to the market, I hope it'll solve the exceptions

* Still getting exceptions even after the update :/ any ideas ?
    ** I only got 1 exception so far since the update but it might be because most people didn't get to the buy pack screen so soon after buying the game
    *** I got 3 more exceptions with the new update so I guess it is safe to say it's still happening

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  26. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

Hi Prime,
    Still getting exceptions, some more info on the Market side might help figuring at least some of it...

Code (csharp):
    1. Exception class java.lang.NullPointerException
    2. Source method Base64.decode()
    4. java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service com.prime31.billing.BillingService@40548728 with Intent { act=com.android.vending.billing.PURCHASE_STATE_CHANGED cmp=com.Nitako.SaveToshi/com.prime31.billing.BillingService (has extras) }: java.lang.NullPointerException
    5. at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2387)
    6. at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2800(ActivityThread.java:132)
    7. at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1111)
    8. at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    9. at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:143)
    10. at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4293)
    11. at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    12. at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
    13. at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:839)
    14. at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:597)
    15. at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    16. Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    17. at com.prime31.billing.util.Base64.decode(Base64.java:419)
    18. at com.prime31.billing.Security.generatePublicKey(Security.java:240)
    19. at com.prime31.billing.Security.verifyPurchase(Security.java:151)
    20. at com.prime31.billing.BillingService.purchaseStateChanged(BillingService.java:662)
    21. at com.prime31.billing.BillingService.handleCommand(BillingService.java:522)
    22. at com.prime31.billing.BillingService.onStart(BillingService.java:472)
    23. at android.app.Service.onStartCommand(Service.java:428)
    24. at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2370)
    25. ... 10 more
    I gotta fix this soon, people are getting crashes and we're losing sales

27. prime31

prime31

@UVRadiation, I still have not been able to reproduce the issue. I just uploaded a new package with some more defensive code to guard against an inent being sent with no signature (which is what is causing the crash in the log).

28. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

@Prime, I am not sure is I should update, since it'll only hide the problem other than solve it, people will still won't be able to buy... are you still trying to reproduce this on various devices? could it be related to the way I am calling the API from the code (coroutines, time between initialization and calling the store etc.)?

29. Matkins

Matkins

@Prime I'm trying to rebuild using 3.4 because there's a load of little Android improvements, i'm using the latest version of your plugin (the one with todays date) and I get this error when trying to build:

"Assets/Plugins/InAppBillingAndroid/IABAndroid.cs(8,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `AndroidJavaObject' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

What happened to the AndroidJavaObject? Is that one of your classes?

30. prime31

prime31

@Matkins, if you are seeing AndroidJavaObject missing something is seriously wrong with your install or you left your platform selector on something other than Android. AndroidJavaObject is a Unity class.

31. prime31

prime31

UV, it is possible that it could be the way you are calling it. I assume that you are starting the service with init then checking if billing is supported by listening to the billingSupportedEvent. Once you get by those 2 steps you should be clear.

The actual issue is that the intent coming back from the Android Market is sometimes null and other times has no signature. It has proven difficult to reproduce and technically should never happen.

32. prime31

prime31

@UVRadiation, I just thought of something that could explain the missing signature. Have you signed your app with a different password or keystore since it has been in the Market? Basically, has there been more than one keystore/password in your app in the Market?

33. LakePlaceProductionsLLC

LakePlaceProductionsLLC

Got this error: 07-27 14:51:48.925 4375 4375 D vending : [1] BaseBuyPageActivity.onPostResponse(): {PurchaseResult=OK, PurchaseInfo=PurchaseInfo=, SignupStatus=SIGNED_UP, TId=***EDITED***, ShoppingCart=[ItemPrice=US$0.99, TaxInclusive=, TaxExclusive=, Total=US$0.99, HasTaxMessage=false, TaxMessage=null, HasFooterMessage=false, FooterMessage=null], RefundPolicy=<b>This in-app purchase cannot be refunded.</b> <br/> <a href="http://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=1061913">More info</a>, Instruments=[[Id=170478571973081, Name=MASTERCARD xxx-3968 Invalid=false Type=CREDIT_CARD] ], DefaultBillingInstrument=***edited***, ErrorFields=[]}
    07-27 14:51:48.933 4375 4375 D vending : [1] BaseBuyPageActivity.shouldAddCarrierBilling(): isProvisioned(): false isSavedonServer(): false radio available? true
    07-27 14:51:48.933 4375 4375 D vending : [1] BaseBuyPageActivity.shouldAddCarrierBilling(): isProvisioned(): false isSavedonServer(): false radio available? true
    07-27 14:51:48.980 1645 2024 D SocialWidgetProvider: updated id 50:Hey Moms, make up to $87 an hour working right from your home. No experience or degree needed. I started using this about 5 months ago and have made over 50k this year. Limited numbers of positions available so hurry up and register. ABC News Breaking Vid
    07-27 14:51:48.996 1273 1281 D RadioSignalLevel: evdo dbmLevel: 4, snrLevel: 0
    07-27 14:51:49.941 1273 1285 I ActivityManager: Start proc com.vzw.hss.myverizon for service com.vzw.hss.myverizon/.datameterwidget.UpdateService: pid=5102 uid=10088 gids={3003}
    07-27 14:51:50.043 1160 1160 D dalvikvm: GC_EXPLICIT freed 291 objects / 11040 bytes in 109ms
    07-27 14:51:50.082 1160 1160 D dalvikvm: GC_EXPLICIT freed 47 objects / 2168 bytes in 30ms
    07-27 14:51:50.121 1160 1160 D dalvikvm: GC_EXPLICIT freed 2 objects / 56 bytes in 35ms
    07-27 14:51:50.857 1273 1281 V DeviceStorageMonitorService: freeMemory=6619258880
    07-27 14:51:50.857 1273 1281 V DeviceStorageMonitorService: Threshold Percentage=10
    07-27 14:51:50.857 1273 1281 V DeviceStorageMonitorService: mTotalMemory = 70183239
    07-27 14:51:50.857 1273 1281 I DeviceStorageMonitorService: Posting Message again
    07-27 14:51:51.222 1273 1281 D RadioSignalLevel: evdo dbmLevel: 4, snrLevel: 0
    07-27 14:51:53.480 1273 1281 D RadioSignalLevel: evdo dbmLevel: 4, snrLevel: 0
    07-27 14:51:53.793 4375 5109 D vending : [34] BaseAction.run(): ApiException: com.android.vending.api.ApiException: Error from backend. Request=com.android.vending.model.PurchaseOrderRequest, Response=INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR

34. TheAssassin

TheAssassin

Do your plugins work with the latest update of unity? Not sure if I am interested but it would be great if you could confirm that it works with the latest version.

35. prime31

prime31

@LakePlace, judging by the line "This in-app purchase cannot be refunded" it looks to me like you tried to refund a consumable item which isn't allowed.

@TheAssassin, we always update our plugins to work with the latest and greatest version of Unity.

36. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

No, same keystore and password, it's been happening since version 1 so it's probably not that
    I have been getting some complaints about people not seeing the Install button in the store or when downloading the game - getting a "File not found" error - maybe there is some problem with the google market, maybe it's related. I'm writing them to figure it out.

37. Jdaman

Jdaman

Hey Prime, I see there is a new version of the IAP plugin but I did not get an email about it. Are there any changes that need to be made for the plugin on our end if the process was working with the old plugin?

Are there any new features of new plugin?

38. Lukas H

Lukas H

Hi Mike,

I got a bug report from one of my testers where the Android AdMob plugin shows the adds but whenever he clicks the ad, nothing happends. I have got a videocapture of this, it can be found here:
    AdMob not clickable videocapture
    The used device was a Samsung Galaxy S.

We are not using any custom manifest but are using the Social Networking combined with the AdMobs plugin in the app.
    I tried to reproduce it on my own Galaxy S but had no luck.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this behaviour?

39. prime31

prime31

@Lukas, one Galaxy S works, one doesnt...i have no explanation for that one unfortunately.

40. Lukas H

Lukas H

41. prime31

prime31

@Lukas, I'll give it a go on my devices later today.

42. prime31

prime31

A quick heads up for everybody: since this post was started we have expanded the number of Android plugins available and we have continued to make them a double-click install. No compiling Java necessary. The last few plugins made available are:

• In App Billing
    • AudioRecorder
    • Tapjoy
    • Etcetera
    Coming in the next couple days is the Sensor Plugin which will give you access to the gyro, compass, proximity and light sensors. In addition, it has a really neat fallback for devices without gyros that uses the compass and accelerometer together to figure out the device tilt in all directions much like a gyro.

43. bpritchard

bpritchard

@Prime31

Just picked up a few of your plugins last week and as usual am very happy w/the results. We're porting our game over from iOS to Android, and we used a number of the prime plugs on the ios game. I have one q i'm having an issue with and thats with the showWebView function.

When i load up the example scene all the items work except for the webview, it crashes the application. I've also integrated the showWebView function in my app and whenever i run it there it get nothing... doesn't show a webview and doesn't crash. Its like its just not able to run that at all...

I've ran the generate manifest item and all seems fine. The email functions work perfect.. and while i am having some issues getting the progress indicator to show i'm not entirely sure those are related.

Cheers
    Bryan

44. prime31

prime31

@Bryan, do you have the output of the logcat log when you get the crash and also when you get nothing at all?

45. bpritchard

bpritchard

@Prime31

yeah that might be helpful. ;)

ok here's the info that comes up when the plugin crashes (I'm not super familiar w/logcat and android yet, i can't figure out how to run it w/o showing a profiler update every frame so i'm just grabbing what seemed relevant based on the event...)
    Code (csharp):
    2. 08-08 17:06:26.329  1525  3037 I ActivityManager: Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.companyname.nawp/com.prime31.WebViewActivity (has extras) }
    3. 08-08 17:06:26.379  1525  1530 W ActivityManager:   Force finishing activity com.companyname.nawp/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity
    4. 08-08 17:06:37.019  1525  1538 W ActivityManager: Activity destroy timeout for HistoryRecord{462832a0 com.companyname.nawp/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity}
    And when i run it in my app i get this
    Code (csharp):
    2. 08-08 17:17:43.089  1525  1525 I ActivityManager: Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.companyname.nawp/com.prime31.WebViewActivity (has extras) }
    3. 08-08 17:17:43.119  1525  3038 W ActivityManager:   Force finishing activity com.companyname.nawp/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity
    4. 08-08 17:17:43.629  1525  1538 W ActivityManager: Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{465fc118 com.companyname.nawp/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity}
    5. 08-08 17:17:53.840  1525  1538 W ActivityManager: Activity destroy timeout for HistoryRecord{465fc118 com.companyname.nawp/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity}
    6. 08-08 17:17:53.979  1525  2049 I ActivityManager: Process com.companyname.nawp (pid 6000) has died.
    I'm likely doing something wrong, or moreso just am not giving you the right info here. :) As always, thanks a ton for takin the time.

46. bpritchard

bpritchard

@Prime31

BTW I crash in both instances now. I had a flurry event prior that was blocking the showWebView event.. so now the outputs are pretty much the same between example and my integration.

47. prime31

prime31

@Bryan, is this from the demo scene? If not, does it work for you? Could it be that you are calling showWebView more than once in a row? That is the only thing I can think of that would cause that particular error.

48. bpritchard

bpritchard

@Prime31

Yeah, the first crash is from the included demo that came w/the package. Here's how i'm using it in my app

Code (csharp):
    2. if(iPhoneSettings.internetReachability != iPhoneNetworkReachability.NotReachable)
    3.     {
    4.         EtceteraAndroid.showWebView("COMPANY", "WEBADDRESS.com");
    5.     }
    Thats really alls i'm doing at that point. It looks like i get the same crash output on both..

I am using this verison of the plugin...

EtceteraAndroid_2011-08-04.unitypackage

So i believe its the latest/greatest.

49. prime31

prime31

@Bryan, what is odd is that the logs don't even have a crash...just a timeout. Do you have a bit more lines around that time from the logs? Can you also post the generated manifest content?

50. bpritchard

bpritchard

yeah here's the whole function...

Code (csharp):
    2.     public void bfgMoreGames()
    3.     {
    4.         if(iPhoneSettings.internetReachability != iPhoneNetworkReachability.NotReachable)
    5.         {
    6.             EtceteraAndroid.showWebView("COMPANYNAME", "WEBPAGE.com");
    7.         }
    8.         else
    9.         {
    10.             //Debug.Log("There's no internet");
    11.             if(Utils.IsGerman() == true)
    12.             {
    13.                 EtceteraAndroid.showAlert("Nicht verbunden", "Dein Gerät ist derzeit nicht verbunden. Bitte überprüfe die Geräteeinstellungen, um es zu verbinden.", "OK");
    14.             }
    15.             else if(Utils.IsFrench() == true)
    16.             {
    17.                 EtceteraAndroid.showAlert("Pas de connexion", "Votre appareil n'est actuellement pas connectÈ au rÈseau. Veuillez vÈrifier vos paramËtres de connexion.", "OK");
    18.             }
    19.             else
    20.             {
    21.                 EtceteraAndroid.showAlert("Not Connected", "Your device is not currently connected. Please review your device settings to connect.", "OK");
    22.             }
    23.         }
    25.     }
    If i'm not connected to the net i do get the Not Connected message so i know its getting into the function.. i've uploaded AnroidManifest.xml as well.

Thanks again!

Attached Files: