Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Android Plugins Officially Live!

Discussion in 'Android' started by prime31, Jun 6, 2011.

1. prime31

prime31

@matkins, do you see anything in the logcat logs? The first thing I would check is that the *Manager is in your scene. Without that, there will be errors in the console and no callbacks will occur.

2. Matkins

Matkins

The IABAndroidManager is in. Could it possibly be to do with licensing? I get the following message in logcat

Code (csharp):
    2. I/LicenseChecker( 1933): Binding to licensing service.
    3. W/ActivityManager(   96): Permission Denial: Accessing service ComponentInfo{com.android.vending/com.android.vending.licensing.LicensingService} from pid=1933, uid=10073 requires com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE

3. prime31

prime31

@matkins, that could very well be it. I haven't seen that one before so I can't offer any suggestiong to get it cleared up.

4. legion

legion

Hey Prime31, You really should try to fix a cart system to buy your plugins. As you probably noticed we bought a small fortune of them today :p BUT the last two we couldnt buy due to paypal (i think) stopped the transactions due to buying to much in a row. With a cart system it would just put all in cart press buy done. :)

5. prime31

prime31

@Legion, many thanks! Every time we have started making a cart we always get sidetracked back on making actual plugins. It's been on the todo list now for ages. We apologize about the inconvenience of having to purchase everything individually. Perhaps as soon as we get the base of Android plugins up for sale we will get back to the cart...

6. De-Panther

De-Panther

Prime - thanks for all the info.

In the next few weeks I'll have time to buy and implement the plugins :)

7. Matkins

Matkins

Interestingly i did get the purchaseFailedEvent callback just now when there was a loss of network connection. But still no purchaseSucceededEvent callback when trying to re-buy or restore the product on the test account. Anyone know what this would suggest? It seems to suggest that it's nothing to do with Prime31's lovely plugin at least.

The popup appears and we are notified that the product has already been purchased, we press ok, it returns to the game... and... we are left waiting forever for that callback. It doesn't make any sense. Why would Android Market be happy to take the money and then not send back a response?

It's like a bad girl friend... takes your money... doesn't call back.

EDIT: after further testing I am getting purchaseSucceededEvent when buying a product for the first time (app crashed the first time so i never got it). So i'm getting all callbacks except for when restoring transactions. That's the only thing that isn't working... re-buying managed product or restoring transactions (practically the same thing). Does anyone know if that should be working in testing?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  8. prime31

prime31

@matkins, when you do you testing have you done what Google suggests: create a separate test Google account, factory reset your phone and use the test account to login after rebooting? I wondering if that has anything to do with it.

9. Matkins

Matkins

@prime, i guess it could be. I haven't done a factory reset on the device because it's my colleague's personal device. We haven't received our company test device yet, so instead of doing factory reset i just added his account as a test account. Do you really think that could stop the response for restoring transactions, even when all other responses are working? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

10. prime31

prime31

@matkins, I have learned over the years to follow the steps for getting in app billing on iOS and Android to the letter when dealing with the sandbox environment.

11. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Any chance you can list out what needs to be changed in the generated manifest, on every line? Unfortunately, I clicked your button and it wiped out the one I had (that was working.)

12. prime31

prime31

@Lastlogic, if you open the Manifest.xml file in the plugin directory you can see any items that get merged in.

13. Matkins

Matkins

@prime, taking the assumption that the problem was with the testing environment itself, i decided to publish it and hope for the best. I've now tested the live version and can confirm that everything works as intended. I am very please. Thank you for all your help.

14. prime31

prime31

@matkins, good to hear you had a successful release! dont forget to email over the Android market link and plugins used so it can get added to the showcase.

15. prime31

prime31

@matkins, it just dawned upon me why your tests didn't work. Since you weren't using a proper test user your transactions most likely were not recorded on Google's servers so there was nothing to restore.

16. prime31

prime31

The Abdroid Etcetera Plugin just went live! It includes toasts, alerts, prompts, SMS composer, email composer, photo album picker and more!

17. prime31

prime31

@ratrod, we intend to have a pretty similar gameplan as our iOS stiff so UA should get in there pretty soon. We just got the initial Etcetera Plugin out yesterday so there are still some things missing from it.

18. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

Prime31,

Okay. So I got the other AdMob plugin working here after a few hours of work. But, for some reason, the performance of my game suffered. Also, if I didn't set the ad refresh to be really quick, sometimes they didn't update at all. I was confident I could sort it out, but then I worked out how much my messing around would have cost in development time and realized maybe I should give your plugin a go.

Bought, downloaded, and had it running in less than 5 minutes. No performance issues. No ad refresh problems.

You have a new happy customer!

19. prime31

prime31

@EvilDingo, glad to hear it went smoothly for you!

20. happyhopper

happyhopper

I'm having this troubling issue, After I shipped an update with the AdMob Storekit plugins, That update erases all previous data. It also removes the app from the home screen area.

It is like the plugin update erased the old app and installed a new one.

Is anyone else having this issue? Was it a problem with the manifest file?

21. prime31

prime31

@Happy, the plugin absolutely does not do anything of the sort. I am not sure of what it could be so I would suggest posting in the main Android forum to get some more eyes on it. My first guess would be something manifest related though so I would focus there.

22. De-Panther

De-Panther

When you change your apk's keysig, it may do so - the android thik it's not the same app.
    Maybe it also may happen when you doing changes in the manifest

23. happyhopper

happyhopper

Is the keysig the manifest? I'm not sure where to check that.

24. Bigshoes

Bigshoes

Hi, might be a stupid question. But where exactly is the "generate androidmanifest.xml" comman located?

25. prime31

prime31

@CLeyden, you can find it in the Prime31 menu up in the normal Unity menu bar.

26. Bigshoes

Bigshoes

/facepalm Thanks for the speedy reply! =D

27. De-Panther

De-Panther

Sorry, I ment the keystore and key on the android player settings

28. Bigshoes

Bigshoes

Any chance of a TapJoy plugin on the horizon?

29. prime31

prime31

@CLeyden, Tapjoy has an official Unity Android plugin so we won't be making one.

30. deepak

deepak

Hi Prime31,

we had purchased android social networking plugin which is very easy to use. but i had one doubt regarding dialog box options. Is there a provision to post a message without showing dialog box as it appears now. In the way that messages will be posted in the background of the game without disturbing the game?

31. prime31

prime31

@deepak, I responded to your email. You need to use the Facebook Graph API through the graphRequest method

32. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Good!! We're now starting to develop Android Apps. So your plugin should be useful... I have used your plugin on iPhone and it's great!

Any promotion price for existing customer? :p Thanks.

Regards,
    Simon.

33. prime31

prime31

@Simon, unfortunately our prices are already rock bottom. We like to keep the prices accessible to everyone!

34. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

I know.. I'm just kidding. :p Your plugin is be worth on this price range... :)

Regards,
    Simon.

35. kalos

kalos

Hi Prime31

I'm planning to buy the admob plugin real soon. One question though, am it able to hide ads in particular scenes or at particular time?

Thanks

36. prime31

prime31

@kalos, you get full control over the banner so you can hide/show at will.

37. kalos

kalos

@Prime31: Awesome! Thanks :D

38. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

Hi prime,
    I bought loads of your plugins both for iOS and for Android and I am super happy with em :)
    I recently bought the InAppBilling android plugin and I am having some problems with it, I factory reset my device, opened a new gmail account and added it as a test account on the android market.
    The first problem that I had is that the app crashed on the test scene when trying to start a purchase - it happened because I never started the Market app so I didn't click agree on the tos. this might happen every time the tos will change so this is something that needed to be fixed on the plugin level.
    after I did agree on the TOS, the purchase window did appear but I am not getting Callbacks after I buy a test product, (I am getting other callbacks). I tried clicking on the Buy Real Product button but I am getting some network error dialog.
    any advice?
    Thanks!

*EDIT :
    I am seeing this in the log:
    D/Prime31 ( 1122): android.test.purchased: RESULT_OK
    I/Prime31 ( 1122): purchase was successfully sent to server
    but nothing in the Unity side

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  39. prime31

prime31

@UV, the plugin can check which Market version the user has (in app billing requires a specific version or later to work) but I am not aware of an API to detect if Market T&C were accepted. Honestly it isn't really even worth looking into because they have to go through the Market to get your app anyway.

From the sounds of the logs the permissions are not set in your manifest file. Be sure to generate manifest file using the menu item before installing.

PS: don't you love how Google males you wipe your phone just to test? Drives me crazy...

40. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

I don't know if there is an APi to check it but you can tell something is wrong and return some sort of failure notice and not crash the app. I am not worried about the first time a user gets the app from the market and then use the inapp purchase, I am worried about a situation where the T&C changes and the user needs to agree on them again. I would do a check myself but I cant since it's crashing in the jar side of things.
    I did generate a manifest (love the method btw, I've hooked up my other plugins to use it as well). I'll try to wipe my phone again and generate a new manifest and try my luck again tomorrow, I'll post my results.
    It's just insane they make you wipe your phone for a simple test... I guess I'll go back to my iPhone as my personal phone for now.

41. ezone

ezone

42. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

@Prime31 , after another wipe and registering a app in the market and listing a new in-app purchase I finally managed to get a Purchased callback from the test user. I wonder why it dosent work with your example id... thanks for the plugins!

43. prime31

prime31

@ezone, that was a quick port. I didn't even get to finish the iOS version yet.

@UV, to test with the example ID you would need to add that same one to your app via the web interface. Glad to hear your up and running though. I know what a pain it is having to wipe your phone and create test users. Makes me want to find the team of developers at Google that made the in app billing API and do bad things to them.

44. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

Hello,
    I a trying to integrate the Social Networking Plugin of Prime31, And Openfeint 2.10.1. The problem is that...

When i use the Social networking plugin or Openfeint alone, they work very well. But when i put them together in a project then a linker error occures

please see this thread
    please help me in this matter. Conflict in the plugin and openfeint because they both use Facebook API

45. legion

legion

Use the search function on openfeint support pages ;)

But here you go http://support.openfeint.com/dev/using-fbconnect-outside-of-openfeint/

46. Mårten

Mårten

I've been trying to get AdMob working with the Prime31 plugin for Android. And I actually had it working for a while, with a banner showing. Then suddenly it just didn't appear anymore, and I can't for the life of me see what I've done differently. I'm currently using the example implementation that came with the plugin (AdMobAndroidBanner), and that's what was working before as well.

Logcat tells me this when I run the game:

Code (csharp):
    1. I/Prime31 ( 2838): requested adSize enum value: 0
    3. D/Prime31 ( 2838): creating ad banner with leftMargin:topMargin: 160:0
    5. V/Unity   ( 2838): Non platform assembly: /assets/bin/Data/Managed/Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
    7. I/Ads     ( 2838): To get test ads on this device, call adRequest.addTestDevice("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");
    9. I/Ads     ( 2838): adRequestUrlHtml: <html><head><script src="http://www.gstatic.com/afma/sdk-core-v40.js"></script><script>AFMA_buildAdURL({"preqs":0,"u_sd":1.5,"slotname":"xxxxxxxxxxxx","u_w":533,"msid":"se.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx","js":"afma-sdk-a-v4.1.0","isu":"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","format":"320x50_mb","net":"wi","app_name":"2.android.se.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxx","hl":"en","u_h":320,"u_audio":3,"u_so":"l"});</script></head><body></body></html>
    11. D/dalvikvm(  984): GC_EXPLICIT freed 4K, 50% free 2731K/5379K, external 1625K/2137K, paused 592ms
    13. I/Ads     ( 2838): Received ad url: <"url": "http://r.admob.com:80/ad_source.php?preqs=0&u_sd=1.5&slotname=xxxxxxxxxxxx&u_w=533&msid=se.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxx&js=afma-sdk-a-v4.1.0&isu=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&format=320x50_mb&net=wi&app_name=2.android.se.xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxx&hl=en&u_h=320&u_audio=3&u_so=l&output=html&region=mobile_app&u_tz=-120&ex=1&client_sdk=1", "afmaNotifyDt": "null">
    15. D/dalvikvm( 2838): GC_CONCURRENT freed 707K, 47% free 3557K/6663K, external 2006K/2137K, paused 6ms+3ms
    17. D/webviewglue( 2838): nativeDestroy view: 0x76da00
    19. D/webviewglue( 2838): nativeDestroy view: 0x739da0
    21. I/Ads     ( 2838): onFailedToReceiveAd(Ad request successful, but no ad returned due to lack of ad inventory.)
    23. D/Prime31 ( 2838): onFailedToReceiveAd. errorCode: Ad request successful, but no ad returned due to lack of ad inventory.
    25. V/Unity   ( 2838): SendMessage: object AdMobAndroidManager not found!
    I'm really lost at where I should even begin to look, as all the example projects that was working before also seems to have stopped working. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  47. prime31

prime31

@Marten, first off, you don't have the AdMobAndroidManager prefab in your scene. You should be putting that in your initial loading scene and it will then persist throughout all your scenes. The other thing I see is this:

"Ad request successful, but no ad returned due to lack of ad inventory."

There are no ads to fill the banner. There isn't much you can do about that one. Sometimes ads just aren't available depending on location, device and whatever other metrics the ad companies use to target ads.

48. Mårten

Mårten

Ok thanks, that explains those errors. Is there a way to turn on test ads with the plugin?

49. prime31

prime31

@Marten, there sure is with a clue right in the log you posted: "I/Ads ( 2838): To get test ads on this device, call adRequest.addTestDevice("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");"

Just use that value and call the setTestDevices method with it.

50. Mårten

Mårten

Yes thanks, I did that and now I get the additional log message
    setting: 1 test devices

I don't see anything yet however, am I interpreting it wrong when I assumed that some sort of placeholder ad would pop up to show me the positioning of the banner?