Unity Community

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Fl

PDF Document.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicviz View Post
    Could you please provide the manual to read before deciding.
    I have a lot of experience with DB's, but can't quite get my head around your product by watching your videos.
    I need something more to be able to evaluate if it is the solution I need for my current project.
    Do you have a webplayer demo?

ty.
    This is the first version of the manual. All of the templates are pretty self explanatory. However, I'll be available to answer questions for all paid customers. Once you understand one aspect. you'll get everything. You can click on the picture to download the pdf. Let me know if there's anything you would like to see in future updates of the book.

UniDDatabase2_0.pdf

2. Location
    Tokyo

3. Location
    Fl
    just let me know if anybody has any questions. I'm always happy to answer all questions. I've sent an update to the Asset Store. The current Version has UniDDatabaseCs, I've included an update called UniDDatabaseJs for people who want to use Javascript. I also include 1 line instantiation.

"UniDDatabaseCs.MassInstantiation(arrayOfGuiPrefab ,arrayOfGuiPostion,arrayOfGuiRotation);"

The is is a sample of how you would instantiated any number of prefabs you have in a ddatabase with one line of code. We'll have 4 variations.

1)MassInstantiation(GameObject[] arrayOfGuiPrefab,Vector3[] arrayOfGuiPostion)
    2)MassInstantiation(GameObject[] arrayOfGuiPrefab,Vector3[] arrayOfGuiPostion,Quaternion[] arrayOfGuiRotation)
    3)MassInstantiation(GameObject[] arrayOfGuiPrefab,Vector3[] arrayOfGuiPostion,String[] arrayOfTagNames)
    4)MassInstantiation(GameObject[] arrayOfGuiPrefab,Vector3[] arrayOfGuiPostion,Quaternion[] arrayOfGuiRotation,String[] arrayOfTagNames)

So one line instantiation will be live soon. I want to thank everybody who has purchased the product so far. Anybody sitting on the fence. More updates are coming. So buying the product will encourage inovation. I'm working on some new videos and demonstrations.

4. Posts
    To be honest, I still don't get what the system offers. If it's to make the file system like a database to manage alot of assets, I get that but you will need to have more admin functions to manage the database. I can't see myself putting all the assets to be reference by keys, and updating them manually.

5. Location
    Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by imtrobin View Post
    To be honest, I still don't get what the system offers. If it's to make the file system like a database to manage alot of assets, I get that but you will need to have more admin functions to manage the database. I can't see myself putting all the assets to be reference by keys, and updating them manually.
    You don't undate manually. There is a GUI that you can use to manage your assets. You can access by key if you need a range of data; however, if you only need one. You can just get that one data.

6. Location
    Canada, West Coast
    I'd like to request a feature
    I want my Game Players to be able to create / delete / write to the Databases

that would be so if it did this

7. Location
    Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by runner View Post
    I'd like to request a feature
    I want my Game Players to be able to create / delete / write to the Databases

that would be so if it did this
    Brother runner, thank you for the feature request. That is one of the features I'm in the process of transferring from the Editor script to the game script. The developer is able to do all of those things. I'm finalizing all of these things for the player. I'm just bouncing ideas around. At the current moment in the GUI, I have total control over how the user enters the data. The GUI walks you through the input process. However, when I release the update in the next week or two, each developer will have to control how they interface the script with the public. For example. If you are creating a Checkpoint extension, it would be a slightly different logic from an inventory script. I'm trying to make it as general as possible. I tried to get in touch with the Big Boss at Unity, to see if they would partner up with me so that we could take this logic to the next level. They never responded.
    So, in the next week or two all of these features should be public. Meanwhile. The Editor script is working and it is available.

8. Location
    Fl
    I found a bug with the Texture2d, I fixed it. I'm almost done with the Code to allow in Game Updating.

9. Location
    Canada, West Coast
    So i had time and managed to add value on the database solutions based on code found in the forums that does read,write,(record)delete,search, using the sqlite.dll.

UniDDatabase has some great features and "Game updating" would make purchasing an easy choice for my personal requirements.

10. Location
    Fl
    So i had time and managed to add value on the database solutions based on code found in the forums that does read,write,(record)delete,search, using the sqlite.dll.

UniDDatabase has some great features and "Game updating" would make purchasing an easy choice for my personal requirements.
    In Game editing is 70% finished... I'm making it so that Developers let users modify a temp ddatabase and not the original ddatabase. Let me give you an example. If you have a game like Angry Bird. If you let users modify the orginal ddatabase, when you re-load the game. Everything will be wrong. However, if you let the user modify a temp ddatabase. When you get back you can load a copy of the ddatabase and start everything over again.
    So in summary, you should not let the user modify the orinal ddatabase. You should only let the user modify a copy of it. That way when they create a new game. It will actually be a new game. I'm going to try to finish the other 30% today.

11. Location
    Canada, West Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by namoricoo View Post
    I'm making it so that Developers let users modify a temp ddatabase and not the original ddatabase. Let me give you an example. If you have a game like Angry Bird. If you let users modify the orginal ddatabase, when you re-load the game. Everything will be wrong. However, if you let the user modify a temp ddatabase. When you get back you can load a copy of the ddatabase and start everything over again.
    So in summary, you should not let the user modify the orinal ddatabase. You should only let the user modify a copy of it. That way when they create a new game. It will actually be a new game.
    brother namoricoo,

That is one example you suggest, the designer should have the flexibility perhaps by ticking off a checkmark which opens access to selective database fields, Imagine if you will a diary or slideshow application that they have full control of. I'm thinking beyond save scores, load scene, and position.

12. Location
    Fl
    brother namoricoo,

That is one example you suggest, the designer should have the flexibility perhaps by ticking off a checkmark which opens access to selective database fields, Imagine if you will a diary or slideshow application that they have full control of. I'm thinking beyond save scores, load scene, and position.
    Brother runner, I have also included a bool option in the This update. I finished that on Saturday and it works great.

13. Location
    Canada, West Coast
    Brother runner, I have also included a bool option in the This update. I finished that on Saturday and it works great.
    Could you fill us or me on the details as to what is planned in the update release

Thanks

14. Location
    Fl
    Could you fill us or me on the details as to what is planned in the update release

Thanks
    1)Fixed the error when searching audioclips
    2)Adding support for bool
    3)In Game Updating with Sample files
    4) As an extra bonus for people who own Edy's vehicle physics, like myself. Even People who own Playmaker,which I also have, Or any other person who is looking for an Advanced collision detection that works with Zero code. I'll also include 3 files.
    a)Collision_UniDDatabase
    b)CollisionTwo_UniDDatabase
    c)CollisionThree_UniDDatabase
    You can attach the script to the main player. Load UniDDatabase with TagName,ID,AudioClip combinations and the code will do the rest. So it's safe to say that the $35 discount wont last too long...
    5)Finally I will keep the window of communication open for people who are looking for specialized script with mass appeal, like the Advanced Collision detection script.
    I hope I was able to answer your questions.

15. Location
    Canada, West Coast
    1)Fixed the error when searching audioclips
    2)Adding support for bool
    3)In Game Updating with Sample files
    4) As an extra bonus for people who own Edy's vehicle physics, like myself. Even People who own Playmaker,which I also have, Or any other person who is looking for an Advanced collision detection that works with Zero code. I'll also include 3 files.
    a)Collision_UniDDatabase
    b)CollisionTwo_UniDDatabase
    c)CollisionThree_UniDDatabase
    You can attach the script to the main player. Load UniDDatabase with TagName,ID,AudioClip combinations and the code will do the rest. So it's safe to say that the $35 discount wont last too long...
    5)Finally I will keep the window of communication open for people who are looking for specialized script with mass appeal, like the Advanced Collision detection script.
    I hope I was able to answer your questions.
    3) i was especially keen on the finer details, as for the rest i have a hard time in visioning (grasp) the practical relationship in real game world situations without me seeing a video trailer.
    Last edited by runner; 07-04-2011 at 06:07 PM.

16. Location
    Fl
    Video demonstrations are coming this week. As soon as I finish coding. Same logic as the editor. You see a list of data, you pick one, an area where you can edit pops up, you make changes, hit a button to save changes.

17. Location
    Fl
    We finally finished. It took me a little longer to begin posting new videos because I'm currently working on my own game. I also got side track trying to achieve sound in Edy's physics. I'm uploading the video soon. It's uploading at the moment. I also noticed my package had been moved with regular Editor Extensions. That's where it should have been in the first place.

18. Location
    Fl
    Here is UniDDatabase working with Edy's physics. My script will only have the audio management script.

19. Location
    Fl

Updating a ddatabase

Quick Video on how to update UniDDatbase while the game is running. I'm finalizing the documentation and we'll send these updates to the Asset store as soon as I'm finish updating the documentation.

20. Location
    Fl
    The update is now live in the Asset Store. It's under Editor Script, Others...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast