Search Unity

New to C#

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by iiii_Hex, Jun 3, 2011.

1. iiii_Hex

iiii_Hex

Could someone point me to a good list of resources for working from the ground up in C# for Unity? Nothing is too basic for me at this point. I'd like to bring myself to a basic understand of the language if possible over the next few months. A good vocab list would be nice to have too. (what is boo? conTEXT? etc...)

Anything else that I'm sure I'm missing, tips or advice would be great as well. Thanks.

2. reveriejake

reveriejake

Try 3DBuzz. They have Unity3d/C# specific tutorial videos.. They also have a great database of tutorials for learning the C# language from the ground up. I started with the "XNA 101" series and it has taught me plenty!

Jake

3. flim

flim

4. sushanta1991

sushanta1991

5. Jessy

Jessy

Here is a short list off the top of my head of things that C# has, some of which caused me to switch to it after using JavaScript for a couple years, and some of which I learned later, and made me happy I had made that switch:

delegates
    events
    extension methods
    generic methods
    multidimensional / jagged arrays
    generic Lists
    LINQ

(The last two were made available in JS for Unity 3. Others may have been made available, but there's no reference for UnityScript so I find it hard to keep up. Regardless, they're in C#, and awesome.)

6. iiii_Hex

iiii_Hex

Thanks for the replies. Although, I'm thinking comprehensive books might be too in depth. I'm a designer with some artistic skill, not really a computer science type guy.

7. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Hi Flopjack, I was going to suggest a couple of books and yes 3D Buzz site, but if you thinks books may be a bit too much to start with, then maybe try this free set of c# game programming tutorials http://campelmxna.webs.com/tutorials.htm

And this one (also free tutorial): http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorials.aspx

One of the two above may do the trick, also use both to see different explanations of the same topic, it will help

Don't give up :)