Search Unity

Commercial grade freebies by DFT Games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DFT-Games, May 29, 2011.

1. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hey guys,

Having published to the store our Match-3 Starter Kit we are ready to publish more scripts, but we understand that people need to know us to trust our coding, so we decided to start a line of commercial grade freebies as our business card on the Asset Store.

The ones we are about to publish are:

Transition Manager: This is a singleton class able to manage for you any type of screen/scene transaction (fading and all) with a memory and CPU cost near to zero. The class out of the box can manage multiple splash screens, pausing the game and loading scenes. The scene loading manages web/mobile/standalone situations, so there is also a loading screen in case the scene isn’t ready to show. Obviously it fades out the leaving scene and fades in the new one. In addition it can be extended with user code via delegates, so it’s very simple to add a menu management or to customize the pause screen. Moreover, I use an aspect ratio independent approach, so limiting to the bare minimum your artist efforts not being necessary to produce textures in multiple aspect ratios, thus getting smaller and lighter games.

Serialization Manager: this is the full version of the light one we ship with the Match-3 Starter Kit. It implements a very flexible Sqlite database as well, working with the free version of Unity.

Now we really want to hear from you as well, so... what do you want to see in our Commercial Grade Freebies line? (please don't push it guys! :))

Cheers,
    Pino
    $CGF256x256.png

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. MrDude

MrDude

I personally would love to see a decent character controller kit. There are so many different versions out there and yet some work, some don't, some to either case to some extent... I would love to have a script that I could add to my character controller and (provided my character has the relevant animations) have that do the walk, jump, hang from ledge, climb, swim, double jump, slash, string slashes together into 3 or 4 hit combos, duck, crawl, roll forward/backwards/sideways, back up against a wall, crawl along a wall etc...

Camera control that goes from FPS to 3PS and with the tick of a check box can use either of the Penelope control systems...

Having a definite, complete, one single working script that handles character movement... I would just love to have that!

...but I think that might fall under 'pushing it" :)

3. jasonkaler

jasonkaler

I would like what MrDude asked for, but I don't need the 4 hit combos - that, I think, is really pushing it.

4. psyclone

psyclone

I must agree.. it seems to be the largest part that is generically missing. The "Character Controller".

The ones provided by Unity are OK... but....

5. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Oooooohhh, I'm exited for the Transition Manager! Umm, I think that this will be pushing it, how about a weather system like UniSky. Sorry if it's pushing it, just ignore me!!! :D

6. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hey guys,

great feedback indeed! I guess that we can put in our production queue a nice character controller implementation ;) A weather system is quite exstensive, but I'll look into that as well, no promises ;) The transaction manager has been packaged and in now in QA, soon it'll be uploaded to the Store!

BTW, Another product hitting QA today is a first Finite State Machine besed on the typed approach, the one more mobile friendly ;) We'll release all our three FSM: typed, non typed and subscriber/notifier approaches. The typed one is ready and we are thinking to upload the packege starting with that one alone implementing an early adopters price, then we'll update it including the second one increasing the price, same for the third approach.

Don't stop posting your wishlist for our Commercial Grade Freebies product line!

Cheers!
    Pino

7. jasonkaler

jasonkaler

Take a look at the wishlist section of the forum, there are lots of ideas for you there.

8. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

@JasonKaler: actually I've created this thread because I've read the whishlist :) The requests there repeat themselves and some cannot really be a candidate for a free script ;) I've downloaded myself many freebies from the Store and too often they are written the worst way, not considering low end machines (which pay our bills!) and totally unacceptable on small mobiles. That's why I decided to ask directly to the community what is really needed, keeping in mind that we talk about free scripts ;)

9. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

I am interested in your transition manager.

Something that the community might like is a nice package to manage a connection to a MYSQL database with PHP. Something that creates a reasonably secure user entry, with session, and the like. The table definitions, and all that jazz.

Good luck,
    Gigiwoo.

10. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hey guys,

the Transitions Manager has been submitted so it should go live in a day or two ;)

Cheers,
    Pino

11. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Awesome, I'm looking forward to using it!

12. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Someone made a cutscene editor which also ventured into making camera transition effects, but the project was pretty much left incomplete. If you guys can somehow take a look at it and improve it somehow that would be great.

13. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Our first one is published!

@anomalous_underdog: I've cloned the GIT repo to have a look at it: I'll let you know my thoughts in a while ;)

14. bajeo

bajeo

Hey i love the transition manager but im having a small problem with it could anyone point me in the right direction?

Basic problem is i cant access the transition manager in the editor from another scene.

So i have a splashscreen scene (containing the transition manager prefab) and then a different scene for story part 1 (after menus etc...). Does anyone know how you can get access to the transition manager so i can add the story images? Ive tried a few things but thought i would ask before i started messing with the code just incase there was a simple solution :D

Many thanks

15. bajeo

bajeo

I got it working after some playing around and some help from your documentation.

Works amazing many thanks :D

16. Alienchild

Alienchild

A 2d tile manager/framework that supports collision mesh generation and tile properties (variables stored on each tile for event handling) :p