Unity Community

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Turkey
    Changing the prefab did the trick, though I still can't use events and logs :/ But in the end I really liked the simple layout of your admin panel and ease of use in unity class. What are your plans for "New (Awesome) Features" in premium membership ?

2. Location
    Waterloo, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    What are your plans for "New (Awesome) Features" in premium membership ?
    We have been working away for a while now at something we really think the Unity community is going to be excited about. But! We're keeping it a secret until we get a bit closer to launching. Expect much more of the same simplicity and ease of use.
    Last edited by Brad Keys; 03-29-2012 at 07:11 AM.

3. Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Any way of exporting all of the statistics for one game to a single file?
    Or at least to be able to export everything and it ends up in a folder with everything exported separately, would also work.
    Current game: Age of Settlement

4. Location
    Dallas, TX
    Hey I have Lumos integrated in an iOS app I'm working on but have yet to really set up all the analytics I need. Wanted to make sure of a few things because the deadline is tight and I want to mitigate risk.

-Have apps using Lumos had any trouble getting approved on the app store? Are there apps on the store using it?
    -Are there any rules I should follow for gathering analytics? I know Apple is touchy about deviceInfo after some leaks.

An example of that second one -- I want to track user framerate in a way that identifies the device. Like avgFramerate_iPad2 and avgFramerate_iPad3 -- any insight on whether or not that'd be a problem?

I guess if I needed to, I could try to do it on an existing app I have and see if the update gets through.

5. Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Virror View Post
    Any way of exporting all of the statistics for one game to a single file?
    Or at least to be able to export everything and it ends up in a folder with everything exported separately, would also work.
    Not yet, no. You can export all the logs into a CSV file, but not all the stats for the game. It's a feature we plan to add, but I can't promise a date.

Quote Originally Posted by JTown View Post
    -Have apps using Lumos had any trouble getting approved on the app store? Are there apps on the store using it?
    -Are there any rules I should follow for gathering analytics? I know Apple is touchy about deviceInfo after some leaks.
    No games with Lumos installed have been rejected by Apple, nor do we believe there would be any reason to. There are indeed games on the App Store using Lumos. We turn off gathering system info (operating system, RAM, etc.) on iOS to comply with Apple's terms of service and we don't use the UDID for anything. It's hard to say how strict they are on gathering device info -- it's understandable why they might want to prevent the operating system from being reported, but it seems unlikely that having numbers on the device itself would be cause for concern. We encourage consulting Apple itself on this matter.
    Lumos: backend services for games. Analytics, diagnostics, and social connectivity services.
    Methodic: test and interact with functions using a GUI.

6. Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Any way to see further back in the "New Players" graph? How can i export the whole graph, or at least all the values from it? If i do the image export i only get the current view. I think its very important to be able to export all of that data and not just the current window.

7. Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Virror View Post
    Any way to see further back in the "New Players" graph?
    Not yet. We'll add this in the future, as well as the ability to download a CSV of all historical data, though I can't give a definite timeline of when this will be available.
    Lumos: backend services for games. Analytics, diagnostics, and social connectivity services.

8. Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Ok, but the old data is saved right? Just not possible to see it yet?

9. Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Correct. We just haven't built a mechanism yet for retrieving and displaying data older than a month.

10. Location
    Waterloo, Canada
    Did you have a chance to look at this? I've tried events again today and it didn't work.
    The issue with Events has been resolved. Hurrah!

11. Location
    Dallas, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Miner View Post
    No games with Lumos installed have been rejected by Apple, nor do we believe there would be any reason to. There are indeed games on the App Store using Lumos. We turn off gathering system info (operating system, RAM, etc.) on iOS to comply with Apple's terms of service and we don't use the UDID for anything. It's hard to say how strict they are on gathering device info -- it's understandable why they might want to prevent the operating system from being reported, but it seems unlikely that having numbers on the device itself would be cause for concern. We encourage consulting Apple itself on this matter.
    Thanks. Do you happen to know if Apple's default app EULA covers typical analytics? Seems to be enough from what I can tell,

b. Consent to Use of Data: You agree that Application Provider may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about Your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to You (if any) related to the Licensed Application. Application Provider may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify You, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to You.
    But I'm no lawyer. Guess I'm just curious if developers typically have to have a custom EULA when using analytics or not.

Apple's standard EULA: http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/appstore/dev/stdeula/

12. Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    I can't recall any games, using Lumos or otherwise, that present a custom EULA to users. Apple's standard EULA appears compatible with the information that we collect -- no personally identifiable data, and all for the purpose of identifying problems and improving your product. I'm confident that nothing we record conflicts with what the user has already agreed to, so I think you're fine.

13. Location
    Turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Keys View Post
    The issue with Events has been resolved. Hurrah!
    Nice, I missed this post last week. I'll try events again, thanks.

14. Location
    Turkey

15. Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Nice, I missed this post last week. I'll try events again, thanks.
    Just let us know if you run into any further difficulties. From our testing everything appears to work fine, but we're always on the lookout for edge cases we may have missed.

16. Location
    Dallas, TX
    Today I'm getting:
    "You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
    500 Internal Server Error" in the editor

From Lumos.Log("Response: " + www.text); in SendCoroutine in LumosWWW

edit: it also seems to cause crash (lldb) when running on device from xcode - disabling lumos script stops the crash

17. Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Thanks for letting us know, looks like there were a few glitches in back-end changes we deployed last night. It should be fixed now.

18. Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Any date when the next update is coming out?
    Looking forward to the ability either exporting all data or at least be able to access the data that's old and outside of the graphs : )

19. Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Unfortunately we can't promise release dates for new features at this time (not terribly useful for you I know, but we'd probably be wrong about any estimates anyway). We'll definitely make it known when new stuff ships.

20. Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Still pretty far away then i guess : p
    Thanx for the answer anyway, great piece of software : )

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast