Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Transformers 3 Game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by solarstance, May 24, 2011.

1. solarstance

solarstance

2. satrio

satrio

Your game is pretty good, although it freezes a lot on my pretty highspec laptop and google chrome.
    Should have a low and high quality setting? Maybe its a chrome problem..

Also the controls should be listed under the unity window or accessible in the game with a button.
    Once youre in the game you cant see the ctrls.. maybe the kids have better memory than me.

the "sight/reticule" is more or less impossible to see sometimes.. maybe add a colortint and make it less
    transparent?

Otherwise i liked it!

/sat

3. solarstance

solarstance

Yes...apparently there is a webkit issue, so both Chrome and Safari are going to have problems.

If you hit esc, you'll get the controls. We were hoping that would be enough...maybe not.

You do tend to lose the reticule in certain lighting conditions...I noticed that too. I'll make it less transparent.

Thanks for the input satrio!

4. starkos

starkos

Hey @satrio - is this a Windows or OS X laptop? So far I've only seen these lockups on Webkit browsers on OS X, and logged this as a bug with Unity.

5. rumblemonkey

rumblemonkey

Overall, I like it, considering the spec. Here are my crits / quibbles:

1. I'd like a first-person POV. It's really, really annoying to be looking over the shoulders of the characters.
    2. Some graphic variety to the enemies would be nice, even if it's just palette swaps.
    3. You can't shoot the cars before they transform :p
    4. I couldn't figure out a single reason why I would want to transform into a vehicle; it's probably too late now, but a level design with a time limit to get from A to B, where using the vehicle mode was a good idea, might have been good.
    5. Camera frequently clips through things.
    6. Sluggish performance, tied to shots on the screen; perhaps it's the particle effect you're using being spawned every render frame, or something similar?
    7. We suddenly turn into Optimus Prime, with no story explanation.
    8. You can't switch from the laser to the rockets, and the rockets are pretty useless, as they don't have guidance and a really low ROF and speed.
    9. Why isn't anything normalmapped? On the hero character in particular, this seems strange, and it has a soft landing for most hardware.
    10. Shadows don't have enough depth to justify how much performance they're eating. I'd darken them up a bit more.

Overall, it's fine, and these are just quibbles; it's decent in terms of download size, has Micheal Bay explosions and plenty of random things to destroy. Your client's probably quite pleased :)

6. zine92

zine92

cool. Trying out now.

7. Sollthar

Sollthar

Completely disagree with this personally - I find 3rd person over shoulder cameras much more pleasant to play then FPS myself.

Game seems rather simple and couldn't hold my interest long unfortunately. Pickup objects looked a bit like toys too. Somehow I felt the graphical quality wasn't up to what I'd expect from a transformers commercials game. But that might be me.

8. jin76

jin76

I too prefer over shoulder cameras, I really hate first person cameras, because I cant see my character

9. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

10. mehware

mehware

well the sound fx were cool and the conversion from car to bot and visa versa were cool but that was about it.

11. solarstance

solarstance

We were hoping the cut scene would adequately explain the transition from Bumblebee to Optimus.
    Actually, you can switch weapons...we didn't include it in the instructions yet. Use keys 1, 2 or 3 to switch between weapons (as long as you have ammo).

12. Kinos141

Kinos141

I like over the shoulder games only if I can switch sides. The game is decent and Xenoargh quibbles are on point more or less. Personally, I think it's awesome, a simple free shooter, what's not to like.

13. Digital

Digital

Nice game, but you should make more camera views. Vehicle is hard to control with mouse at higher speeds.

14. Wraith2021

Wraith2021

nice game, lots of action, my biggest quibble about the game applies to all transformer games, the levels are not designed to work in both car and robot mode, and when will they learn that the best part of playing with a transformer is actually being able to transform it yourself.

This could easily be done by freezing the game and allowing the player to rotate parts and move them into position, hell you could have a time limit on it, so that if you have not transformed the character more than 50% of the way it reverts back to its previous mode and the game continues. adding an extra fun dimension. The transformation does not have to be too complex this can be changed depending on the difficulty you set the game at.

Just a thought.

15. Spectre9000

Spectre9000

Umm... yea... already been said... but I've been trying to get into playing the game for about 10 minutes now and it still isn't there yet. I am using chrome and I realize you've said there's an issue with it, but if it won't run in a browser, display an error or browser not supported message instead of making people think it's broken due to incredibly long loads... It'll just hurt your credibility with people trying to play it with not being able to for so long.

16. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

I like Wraith2021's idea...

17. On Point Studios

On Point Studios

wow very awesome

18. solarstance

solarstance

Did it ever load for you? We had an issue with Chrome/Safari but that's been fixed.
    Do you have the latest Unity plugin?

19. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Was fun game for kids.

20. U7Games

U7Games

Funny !!!

21. joshimoo

joshimoo

Nice Game.

- Car needs "WASD" control.(top issue for me)
    - Weapons pass trough colliders (houses, trainpieces) and explode inside therefore not giving me any visual feedback.

22. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

I enjoyed the game , well done to everyone involved.

23. Udyrfrykte

Udyrfrykte

i don't think the cursor was locked? was unplayable for me at any rate