Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[DEPRECATED] UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle sim on Unity3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by newlife, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newlife

newlife

UnityCar 1.2 had an experimental force feedback support, UnityCar 2.0 Pro supports Force Feedback in a more complete way

2. newlife

newlife

hello kevin,
    UnityCar 2.0 Pro simulates accurately camber (not caster).
    For what concern your question, i cant reply here cause is not clear, contact me on skype to talk about this

3. newlife

newlife

UnityCar 2.0 Pro Released

Hello guys, finally the long awaited UnityCar 2.0 Pro is ready. Sorry for the wrong released date proclaimed, im not very good in time estimating.

Click on the image to play the online demo of UniyCar 2.0 Pro (improved Monza Track):

2.0 Pro Updates and Fixes:

Updates:
    • new and improved 3D car models;
    • new and improved city scene (made by sipon);
    • improved Monza track scene (made by sipon);
    • improved performance: now its possible to get the same simulation accuracy even with one single iteration (big performance improvement (5x) with mobile platforms).
    • improved scaling performance: now its possible to increase fixed timestep up to 0.05 and still obtain acceptable simulation accuracy. On the same way, you can decrease fixed timestep and obtain increased simulation accuracy;
    • improved code: some further optimization in code (now in ALL UnityCar code there are just three triginometric funtion calls (Mathf.Sin));
    • improved code: now all game logic has been moved to an external class (SettingMenu.cs);
    • improved code: now all OnGUI debug calls have been removed from UnityCar classes;
    • improved code: now CarCameras class is separated from its controller class (CarCamerasController);
    • improved code: now debug mode is based on its own class (CarDebug);
    • improved code: now arcade mode is based on its own class (Arcader). More, Arcader is based on an abstract class called Modifier, so its possible to write a custom modifier class in order to obtain any kind of specific behaviour (drift, GTA4, etc.);
    • improved tire smoke: now is more realistic;
    • improved GUI dashboard;
    • improved TCS algorithm;
    • improved ESP algorithm;
    • improved Steer Assistance algorithm;
    • improved automatic transmission algorithm;
    • improved clutch model: now is impulse based (more realistic, especially with trucks);
    • improved clutch engaging algorithm (now behaves like in LFS);
    • improved bump stop model: no more sinking wheels;
    • improved input handling: now its possible to change input axis directly from CarController inspector. Useful for multiplayer and AI (now you can add as many simultaneous player and AI cars without modifyng the code; thanks to david guerrez palma for this);
    • improved 3D tire algorithm (not yet implemented);
    • improved suspension model. Now suspension calculations are more physical coherent;
    • improved suspension model. Now with zero suspension rate suspension behave like a rigid contact point;
    • improved net power calculation: now is precise;
    • improved rev limiter algorithm;
    • improved soundController code: now engine noise is more proportional to throttle value;
    • adedd a new scene: Stress Test scene. In stress test scene you can create dynamically how many cars you want and drive them;
    • added a new feature: loading and saveing vehicle setup. Car setup can be saved and loaded with an external file (Text Asset, compatible with ALL platforms) like in rFactor (you need to put SetupEditor.cs in Assets/Editor folder in order to make "save setup" button visible);
    • added a new feature: on board steering wheel;
    • added a new feature: on board dashboard;
    • added a new feature: engine stalling;
    • added a new parameter in cardynamics class: Fast Bump Factor. Used to change damper behaviour at high vertical wheel speed;
    • added a new parameter in cardynamics class: Fast Rebound Factor. Used to change damper behaviour at low vertical wheel speed;
    • added a new parameter in cardynamics class: Enable Force Feedback. Used to enable force feedback calculation;
    • added a new parameter in drivetrain class: autoreverse. Used to toggle autoreverse with automatic transmission;
    • added a new parameter in drivetrain class: forwardGripFactor. Used to change forward tire grip;
    • added a new parameter in drivetrain class: sidewaysGripFactor. Used to change sideways tire grip;
    • added support for brake caliper and brake disk model (not yet implemented);
    • added new sound: braking noise;
    • added new sound: transmission (whine) noise;
    • added realistic simulation of tire pressure and tire puncture;
    • added realistic simulation of wheel camber;
    • added realistic simulation of overturning moment (improves simulation accuracy);
    • added new driving helper: steer correction factor. Used to increase steer velocity when user counter steers to reduce oversteer;
    • added a new full featured car setting and tuning GUI;

Fixes:
    • fixed car rolling off when front tires and rear tires have different radius or when front suspension height is different from rear suspension height;
    • fixed an error in automatic transmission which caused wrong shift time shifitng in reverse;
    • fixed wrong behaviour of the automatic transmission causing multiple shift down during hard brake;
    • fixed revlimiter not working in reverse;
    • fixed monster truck tire coefficents causing non realisic behaviour;
    • fixed wrong cars dimensions. Now car's dimension resemble perfecly the real ones;
    • fixed slip angle oscillation at very high speed;
    • fixed wrong behaviour during hard brake at very high speed;
    • fixed subtle sliding of the car on a inclined plane with handbrakes on;
    • fixed wrong behaviuor of the bumpstop on kerbs taken at hi speed with low suspension travel;

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  4. derkoi

derkoi

Awesome Newlife! How do we download it if we bought the old version?

5. newlife

newlife

Some explanation for the new setup GUI. Setup is logically divided in seven tabs.
    These are: engine, transmission, suspensions, brakes, tires, body, assistance.

Engine
    In the graph, red curves represents engine Power (the higher is the power without friction, the lower is the power with friction), black curves represent engine Torque (the higher is the torque without friction, the lower is the torque with friction). The blue curves is to be intended as a reference for engine torque. Ideally the higher torque curve should be equal or lower the reference curve (this has sense only if Use table Data is off).
    • Power multiplier: engine power is multiplies by this factor;
    • Max Power: max power of the engine (Net power is max power minus friction);
    • Max Power rpm: revs per minute where engine gives max power;
    • Max Torque: max engine torque;
    • Max Torque rpm: revs per minute where engine gives max torque;
    • Engine Friction: strength of the engine friction (bigger this value bigger power lose due to friction);
    • Engine Inertia: the bigger this value, the slower the engine revs up.
    • Rev Limiter: if enabled, engine rpm is limited to Max rpm;
    • Engine Can Stall: if enabled, engine can stall if the clutch is released too quickly (IMPORTANT: you must disable automatic transmission and automatic clutch (they are in assistance tab)in order to have a chance to stall the engine).
    • Use Table Data: if enabled, engine curves are taken from a table made by a couple (rpm, torque) and interpolated internally by UnityCar. If off, a complex equation is used to simulate engine curves dynamically.

Transmission
    • Differential Lock Coefficient: Coefficient determining how much torque is Transferred between the wheels when they move at different speeds;
    • Type Of Drive: if RWD is selected, only rear wheels have power, if FWD only forward wheels, if AWD all wheels are powered;
    • Final Drive Ratio: final ratio of gears. Bigger this value, the shorter are the gears;
    • gear 1..n ratio: specific ratio of the specific gear. Bigger this value, the shorter is the gear.

Suspensions
    • Front / Rear Suspension Travel: how long can travel the suspension;
    • Front / Rear Suspension Stiffness: how much stiff is the suspension;
    • Front / Rear Bump Damping: how much the suspension is damped when compressing;
    • Fast Bump Factor: factor multiplied with bump value when suspension is compressing at high speed (higher than 0.3 m/s);
    • Front / Rear Rebound Damping: how much the suspension is damped when expanding;
    • Fast Rebound Factor: factor multiplied with rebound value when suspension is expanding at high speed (higher than 0.3 m/s);
    • Front / Rear AntiRollBar Stiffness: how much stiff is the antiroll bar (its used to avoid lateral roll);
    • Front / Rear Camber: lateral inclination of the wheels respect of vertical line;
    • Front / Rear Maximum Steering Angle: maximum angle (in degree) that wheels can turn;

Brakes
    • Maximum Brake Torque: maximum brake torque that brakes can use;
    • Brake Balance: how much brake torque is used in front brakes and rear brakes;
    • Maximum HandBrake Torque: maximum brake torque that handbrakes can use;
    • HandBrake Balance: how much handbrake torque is applied to front wheels and rear wheels;

Tires
    • Forward Grip: multiplier factor of forward grip (friction);
    • Sideways Grip: multiplier factor of sideways grip (friction);
    • Front / Rear Tire Pressure: front / rear tire pressure in kilopascal and atmosphere (if set to 0 tire pressure calculation is disabled);
    • Tires Type: changes tire parameters (responsible of tire behavior). Competition is the tire with most grip and and most sporty behavior (used on ferrari, mclaren and nissan). SuperSport has less grip but is more predictable (used on mini). Sport is like SuperSport with less grip. Touring is very predictable but with low grip. Offroad has better grip in offroad respect of the other tires. Truck is tire suitable for heavy vehicles.

Body
    • Vehicle Weight: vehicle weight in kg.
    • Weight Repartition: vehicle weight repartition between front and rear part of the vehicle;
    • Drag Coefficient: coefficient of the drag due to air friction. In real life it depends on the shape of vehicle body;
    • Drag Area: front vehicle area on square meters.

Assistance
    • Arcade Mode: if enabled, vehicle behavior is modified in order to be more easily controllable. Strength factor is the strength of this modifier;
    • ABS: if enabled, it prevents wheels to be blocked when braking;
    • TCS: if enabled, it prevents wheels to be slip when accelerating;
    • ESP: if enabled, it prevents vehicle to spin when turning;
    • Steer assistance: if enabled, it limits maximum steering angle to ideal steer angle when turning;
    • Automatic Transmission: if enabled, changes gears automatically;
    • Automatic Clutch: if enabled, engages and disengages clutch automatically (IMPORTANT: you need to disable Automatic Transmission in order to disable Automatic Clutch);
    • Automatic Reverse: if enabled, when braking with the car stopped, automatically put reverse gear;
    • Time to fully engage throttle: time in seconds to floor the throttle;
    • Time to fully release throttle: time in seconds to fully release the throttle;
    • Time to fully engage brakes: time in seconds to floor the brakes;
    • Time to fully release brakes: time in seconds to fully release the brakes;
    • Time to fully turn steering wheel: time in seconds to fully steer starting from center;
    • Time to fully release steering wheel: time in seconds to fully release steer starting from full steer;

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  6. newlife

newlife

if you bought on the asset store, please send me an email with your invoice number and i'll create an account to download UnityCar 2.0 Pro.
    If you bought on my web site, you are going to receive an email with instruction at the address you used to buy UnityCar.

7. devotid

devotid

Awesome.....Looks great NewLife.

i cant wait to play with the Force Feedback, tire pressure and the camber settings.:D

8. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

Any ETA on that? :-D

9. newlife

newlife

LOL dont worry now its just a matter of fixing folders organization ;)

10. unity_sg

unity_sg

No news about "physic correct head movement with on board camera" and "tire deformation" ?

11. IPopeyIE

IPopeyIE

Anyone get their email with download instructions yet for 2.0 Pro?

12. devotid

devotid

Nope not here either...... but i would saw off my right arm and drive one handed if it would make the email show up an faster...lol...... Ive been starring at this thread myself now for literally three days....trying to be as patient as possible.

Please send the emails..........;/

Kevin

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  13. Shigidy

Shigidy

Just wanted to say this is amazing. Played the demo and everything was better. Awesome update, not exactly sure what the invoice number is though.

14. drift501

drift501

Hello. The demo isn't working for me. I would really like to try it but I cant

15. sesamiam

sesamiam

Works ok for me. How about if you try to uninstall webplayer and reinstall it again with the latest version?

16. IPopeyIE

IPopeyIE

If you are using windows 7 try Firefox. IE doesn't work for me but Firefox fine.

17. IPopeyIE

IPopeyIE

Can't help but worry. 2 days to move folders makes me think something horrible has happened. Everything ok?

18. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

The demos never have worked for me, I've been getting "Invalid data file" error for a year now....with multiple versions of the demos and unity web player.

19. IPopeyIE

IPopeyIE

I had the same error with internet explorer.

Firefox worked without issue.

20. Shigidy

Shigidy

Thanks for the heads up with firefox with windows 7. Works now.

21. newlife

newlife

LOL dont worry IPopeyIE everything is ok. Its just that last 2 days were weekend ;)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  22. newlife

newlife

thank you Shigidy. I encourage everybody to play with the settings, the real fun is there ;)
    btw, if something is not clear about any setting, just ask here

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  23. newlife

newlife

sorry but today (monday 3th september) i couldnt work on anything cause for some strange reason my IP seem to be blocked for my web site. I cant even access my home page (it ask me for username and password (!)). So i cant read and send emails, i cant use FTP, I cant do anything.
    Asked for support to my web host, they couldn't fix my problem. Now Im connecting from another place (so another IP) and it seems to work.

24. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

:-\ I've always used firefox and it never works.

25. Shigidy

Shigidy

Dude I still know how you feel...I went months without playing it on my computer.

26. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

I ended up just taking the risk and buying it, happy with it...really wanting 2.0 though. LOL

27. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

This is amazing! Definitely worth the wait, Newlife you are my hero :D

28. Ecocide

Ecocide

Ahhhhh! Now you release it and on saturday and people does not have it 4 days later. I'm watching this thread and Skype all day long. You are making us crazy :p

I'm really looking forward to the new features. Hope you'll be online today. :)

29. devotid

devotid

yeah newlife....you just answered my question via email and totally ignored my request for PRO in the email.....whats going on?

Why is it that people who already payed and supported you do not yet have there copies?...... your email obviously works....(you just emailed me and ignored my request for PRO)

I want to know whats going on.

30. newlife

newlife

Kevinv i couldn't work on packing 2.0 Pro due to reason i wrote above. So 2.0 Pro package is not ready, i had to reply to several backlog emails.
    Please be patient, i also lost time trying to solve this strange connection problem with my web host. Keep in mind that there has been a WE in the middle, too.
    Working hard on this right now.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  31. mschreiner

mschreiner

I understand everyone's frusteration. But things happen sometimes to delay a release. Give NewLife a break as it was something out of his control that has delayed the Pro release. I have been on both sides and understand the frusteration of both. Keep up the good work NewLife!

32. devotid

devotid

Thank you.

33. newlife

newlife

Hi everybody, UnityCar 2.0 Pro package is ready. It also includes the last version of UnityCar City made by sipon.
    Now im uploading the package on my server. All eligible accounts have been already reset in order to download UnityCar 2.0 Pro.
    Just wait more or less 2 hours till now in order to let upload to finish.
    Let me know if this work for you.

34. IPopeyIE

IPopeyIE

Awesome News Newlife!

Thanks for the update!

35. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Don't want to come off impatient, but I think my update method must be out of date for me?

This doesn't work for me as you've sent me a unique link every time. The last email I have from you the file name was UnityCar_with_Scenes_1.2.rar, then the original email link was UnityCar_with_Scenes_1.1.rar. The website these links were hosted on are also no longer in service. These old links I mention should have 1 other available download left and even that doesn't work. (which if you just reset download links that could be the issue) Just curious how this works now? I seem to have been left in the dark on the new download method. :p

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  36. newlife

newlife

Hello UnleadedGames, you have a (very) old download link
    the right link is
    http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/packages/

you can use your old account

37. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

That was easy thank you so much!

38. ddesmond

ddesmond

Hi NewLife,

Can you give me information on how the car damages work and what type of configuration is available for this feature?

39. edgley

edgley

Anyone else using a xbox controller?
    I cannt quite get the mapping right

40. newlife

newlife

car damage deforms meshes and collider proportional to collision strength and direction.
    parameters are:

deformNoise (noise added to the deformation in order to simulate breaks)
    deformRadius (radius of the deformation from the collision point)
    maxDeform (maximum distance from it's original position that a vertex can move. If left to 0 the vertex will move with no limit)

41. newlife

newlife

Hello guys, i fixed some little issues in UnityCar 2.0 Pro (found by some costumers):

• fixed shifter issue (shifter code was missing in Axiscontroller.cs)
    • added engine position to sound controller (now is possible to position engine noise generator accordingly to engine position (front rear))
    • fixed missing phyisic material from scania truck
    • fixed wrong rotation of the needle in onboard dashboard of scania

42. derkoi

derkoi

Still waiting for my email for my copy Newlife...

43. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

So how do we get the fixes without using our other downloads since you only give us 2 downloads (kinda stupid anyways IMO...we shouldnt be limited to how many times we can download something we paid for)

44. SobhanNina

SobhanNina

its for security reason's Z31NA2T and be patient he will sure update you all , he is so busy fixing new issues.

45. newlife

newlife

email sent to all previous customers who bought via PayPal

46. newlife

newlife

its for security Z31NA2T. If someone "steal" your account, he can share this account with virtually anyone, letting them download my package without limit.
    Anyhow, I'm always ready to reset any account in the case someone doesn't succeed in downloading the package both 2 times.

For what concern the fixes, you just need the updated scripts (less than 50kb). I can easily send them via email.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  47. Shigidy

Shigidy

Can I get an e-mail. I bought through the asset store.

48. dog

dog

Hi
    UnityCar 2.0 Pro webdemo is crashing on Mac, webplayer 3.5.5f4 tested in Chrome and Firefox
    UnityCar 2.0 LE is OK

49. KatanaSim

KatanaSim

The link provided in the email points to a 404 error page.

50. newlife

newlife

fixed.
    The recent web site move to a new server made the download link not working anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.