Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[DEPRECATED] UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle sim on Unity3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by newlife, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason-H

Jason-H

Hi I have exported a car prefab along with it's dependencies and placed it into my project. It all seems to work apart from the clutch is permanently down (showing up in the gui as the blue bar). How can I stop this being pressed permanently and make it act normal? Thanks.

2. derkoi

derkoi

Hi Newlife,

How can I change the values of the suspension etc and have it updated live in the game like your settings menu does.

I change the values in the inspector and nothing happens?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  3. devotid

devotid

Thanks for Sharing Moose..... It helps us "youngsters" when folks like you share your thoughts.....:)

Im still building My Trophy Kart Racing-Multiplayer game and have it working "ok" with Photon and Playmaker Networking....... Still a bunch to optimize though. For some reason my draw calls go from a normal scene of 400 up to 1500 in the multiplayer environment?....... but it "works". Its just three times slower.

If i remember correctly....i am just calculating physics on each local computer and then updating the position and rotation of each vehicle on the other computers..... that way all physics are calculated locally and only position of the cars are shared..... i think....lol. Im getting back into it this week.

Im trying to have a small demo to try in the next few weeks for XMAS.......lots to do.

Kevin

Oh and FFB is Force Feedback ie; http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb153254(v=vs.85).aspx

4. sesamiam

sesamiam

Are you using Unity Pro? There is option to use occulsion culling that should speed up fps rate and reduce draw calls. I havent tested it much yet myself though. And for Unity free theres some draw call minimizer options out there. Also optimizing textures (using less of them/combining), using LOD´s should drop the draw calls.

Oh and are you using car prefab for multiplayer? does the prefab contain any cameras or so?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  5. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Hi,
    I was looking at UnityCar for 'of course' car games on platforms including iOS. I went through most of this thread and I have a few questions:

1) Is there online/updated documentation I can see? The main UnityCar site only shows demos. I saw initial links to documentation in this thread but that page does not exist, I think there was a wiki type of link but I can't find it anymore.

2) Is the process to replace demo cars with my own cars well documented and possibly shown in a video tutorial?

3) From the Asset Store I can see the current version is 1.2101 dated (October 18, 2011 !!!) This feels indeed dated :) Is the current build in the asset store compatible with latest Unity 4 version?

4) Is the current 1.2101 version compatible with latest iOS version?

5) I can see from the thread that a few months ago there was mention of UnityCar 2.0 coming out in a week.... that post is months old. Is development still in progress? Is a new version of UnityCar coming out? If yes... roughly what's the possible release date?

Thank you, I guess answering these questions will be helpful to any new potential customer looking at UnityCar

6. Ecocide

Ecocide

Hello,

I guess this is meant to be replied by newlife personally, but maybe I can help you a bit until he'll be here.

Actually the newest version is UnityCar 2.1. I am kind of shocked about how old the version from the Asset Store seems to be. But you can read about a lot of complaining when it comes to updating things there. In addition, newlife seems to use an own system and imo it works perfectly. I bought it directly over his website and I get updates by email immediatly.

The documentation is not that complete, BUT the support of that guy is incredibly good. I had hundreds of questions and requests for optimization and he spend some hours just to help me out and especially when it comes to "custom requests" this is not to be taken for granted. And as far as I know he is working on the documentation at the moment.

I am sure you won't be disappointed. The asset itself is very good and versatile without any bugs (I never had even one) and the support, what is always very importent to me, is great as well. But I recommend getting it here: http://unitypackages.net/unitycar instead of using the Asset Store for several obvious reasons.

Have fun!

7. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

That is excellent Rattlehead, thank u for your input. Very helpful.

8. Ecocide

Ecocide

Glad I could help :)

and btw: it is fully compatible with Unity 4

9. newlife

newlife

Hello pban,
    which version are you using? With actual version (UnityCar 2.1 Pro) there is no lag, even with the first car in the scene.

10. newlife

newlife

Hello jason,
    did you check you input settings? you have to import input settings too, its not included in the prefab

11. newlife

newlife

hello derkoi,
    a call to the function carDynamics.SetWheelsParams() is needed to update the values which are wheel specific.

12. reddotgames

reddotgames

Hey

Ive got 2 questions

1) Can I set car assist factor (0-1) or is only on and off? I ask because assist ON feels is very arcade for my need and OFF is hardcore only for wheel users. It could be useful for steering assist for example.

2) Why in front wheel drive car from demo (cooper) I cannot apply handbrake and let off clutch to burn some rubber?

And in 2.1 Demo you really should work on engine sound normalization - some cars are loud as hell and some I dont hear at all :) But its just a detail.

13. newlife

newlife

Im updating the wiki now.
    The link is http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/wiki/index.php?title=UnityCarPro:Main for UnityCar Pro and
    http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/wiki/index.php?title=UnityCarLE:Main for UnityCar LE

you can check this page http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/wiki/index.php?title=UnityCarPro:Creating_a_car. Video tutorial is scheduled after wiki update.

Im glad to announce that after almost a month and 3 declined upload, UnityCar 2.1 Pro (http://u3d.as/content/unitypackages-net/unity-car-2-1-pro/1Zj) and UnityCar 2.1 LE (http://u3d.as/content/unitypackages-net/unity-car-2-1-le/3NE) are officially on the Asset Store :)

yes it is, but version from 2.0 onward has much better iOS performance. If you buy UnityCar 1.2 on the AssetStore, you can send me an email with the invoice number to get the latest UnityCar version.

As reattlehead wrote you, Latest version is UnityCar 2.1 (both Pro and LE). UnityCar is always in development since this is one of my main activities.

14. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Yes! I just saw 2.1 on the asset store.. Will be getting it there or from your site in the next few days. Problem is if I buy it today i will start playing with it and take time away from my current project :)! Thanks for your full reply!

15. newlife

newlife

which car assistance are you talking about? Btw, TCS and ABS have a threshold parameter to tune their level of intervention. ESP has its own strength parameter, which set the strength of aligning torque. These parameter are not present in setup menu. Keep in mind that TCS, ABS and ESP works like their real counter part.

To make a burn out, just disable automatic transmission and press throttle and brakes keys simultaneously holding left shift (to make a burn out start). With low power car (as the cooper) probably you'll need to decrease front brake torque.

which car do you refer? i checked and it doesn't seem to be such a great volume difference

16. reddotgames

reddotgames

OK so here is how to achieve this situation.
    I drive car first from 2.1 pro demo on your website.

ESP off, STEERING ASSIST off
    I drive car on at 120 km/h on exit from pit (orange ferrari car) - i turn fully left - its impossible to car go into slide (car turn like have esp and steering assist on)

than (and this is important part)
    i turn fully right (hold key) and it takes about 2 seconds before car will start turn right (like massive delay in steering - it feels like steering is from gum)
    and because of this gummy steering I end on grass and barrier

I try to change steering reaction from 0.1s to 0.01s but its the same.

so from first few seconds with demo I see 2 major problems - impossible to slide car with oversterring and gummy sterring (even with sterring assist and esp off)

all other settings at on default like you set it

Dont get me wrong I dont search for faults in your system - I wanna buy it personally becasue its most complete car physics for Unity here.

ok, so its impossible on automatic with handbrake and full gas?

sorry now all seems to be good

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  17. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

[EDIT] I managed to get a setup that has an arcade feel and nice drifting. This comment from MoroZ in this thread back in June helped:

I made three changes:
    1. mod code to apply 20% power to front wheels. This helpds control the car when back wheels lost grip.
    2. Increased lateral grip on front wheels by 30%
    3. Small mod into the Wheel script to apply a proportional counter lateral force to rear wheels if player counter steering.

The results of these changes are the ability to enter a slide and better control of the vehicle through the slide.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  18. sesamiam

sesamiam

I did tire tread blur script last night. Its changing tire tread texture with wheels angularVelo value (suggested by Michele, thanks).

Video isnt the best quality but should show you something.
    (and I tweaked the script a bit after making this video so now the change of textures runs a bit smoother)

19. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

hey man could you share or do a tutorial so all of us can learn how to Achieve nice Drifts and a Stable car with this Amazing System ?
    Thanks so much

20. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

Happy to share what I have done. I'll try to be brief, let me know if you would like any further detail. These changes are the result of having a play, if you are intend on using them permanently I would suggest making the front wheel lateral force adjustments and rear wheel helper force factor inspector variables.

These changes will only work for vehicles with 4 wheels. They will break other vehicle configurations. You will need to do a bit more work in SetTransmission to get other vehicle types to work.

After making the code changes below, modify car in the inspector. Under Drivetrain change Transmission from RWD to AWD.

[EDIT] Also turn off Transaction Control (TCS), Steering Assist and Stability Control (ESP)

Play with the following parameters to get the setup you most like:

1. fraction of power given to rear wheels (car drivetrain inspector variable "Rear Power Ratio")
    2. The increased lateral grip on the front wheels. (CarDynamics.cs)
    3. The constant 2f in wheel.cs step 2 that steering is multiplied by. This adjusts the helper force that kicks in when counter steering through a slide.

Lastly, my apologies to newlife for taking his excellent car physics model and messing it up like this.

Code Changes

Note: please backup files before making changes so you can revert to originals if you don't like the effect

Wheel.cs

1. Add new variable:

Code (csharp):
    2.     [HideInInspector]
    3.     public float drivetrainFraction;
    4.     [HideInInspector]
    5.     float latForceHelper = 0f;
    2. Add this code after line: Fy = (lateralSlip/rho)*CalcLateralForce(Fz, rho*idealSlipAngle, inclination);

Code (csharp):
    2.         float helperForce = 0f;
    4.         // If the rear wheels are sliding engage helper
    5.         if (slipVelo > slipVeloThreshold)
    6.         {
    7.             // Non-steering wheels (rear wheels)
    8.             if (maxSteeringAngle == 0f)
    9.             {
    10.                 // if counter steering, then apply helper force to control steering
    11.                 if (Mathf.Sign(lateralSlipVelo) == Mathf.Sign(steering))
    12.                     helperForce = Fy * ((slipVelo - slipVeloThreshold) * Mathf.Abs(steering*2f) / slipVeloThreshold) / 10;
    13.             }
    14.             if (float.IsNaN(helperForce)) helperForce = 0f;
    15.         }
    17.         // Decrease latforcehelper over time
    18.         latForceHelper = latForceHelper * (1 - Time.deltaTime * 20) + helperForce;
    19.         Fy += latForceHelper;
    Drivetrain.cs

1. Add new variable, rearPowerRatio. Set this to fraction of power to go to rear wheels.
    Code (csharp):
    1.     public float rearPowerRatio = 0.8f;
    2. Modify SetTransmission function as follows:
    Code (csharp):
    2.     public void SetTransmission(Transmissions transmission)
    3.     {
    5.         foreach (Wheel w in axles.allWheels)
    6.         {
    8.             w.lockingTorqueImpulse = 0;
    10.             w.drivetrainInertia = 0;
    12.             w.isPowered = false;
    14.         }
    16.         if (transmission == Transmissions.FWD)
    17.         {
    19.             foreach (Wheel w in axles.frontAxle.wheels)
    20.             {
    22.                 w.isPowered = true;
    24.                 w.drivetrainFraction = 0.5f;
    26.             }
    28.             poweredWheels = axles.frontAxle.wheels;
    30.             axles.frontAxle.powered = true;
    32.             axles.rearAxle.powered = false;
    34.             foreach (Axle axle in axles.otherAxles)
    35.             {
    37.                 axle.powered = false;
    39.                 foreach (Wheel w in axle.wheels)
    40.                     w.drivetrainFraction = 0f;
    42.             }
    44.         }
    46.         else if (transmission == Transmissions.RWD)
    47.         {
    49.             foreach (Wheel w in axles.rearAxle.wheels)
    50.             {
    52.                 w.isPowered = true;
    54.                 w.drivetrainFraction = 0.5f;
    56.             }
    58.             poweredWheels = axles.rearAxle.wheels;
    60.             axles.frontAxle.powered = false;
    62.             axles.rearAxle.powered = true;
    64.             foreach (Axle axle in axles.otherAxles)
    65.             {
    67.                 axle.powered = false;
    69.                 foreach (Wheel w in axle.wheels)
    70.                     w.drivetrainFraction = 0f;
    72.             }
    74.         }
    76.         else if (transmission == Transmissions.XWD)
    77.         {
    79.             List<Wheel> wheelsList = new List<Wheel>();
    81.             if (axles.frontAxle.powered == true)
    82.             {
    84.                 foreach (Wheel w in axles.frontAxle.wheels)
    85.                 {
    87.                     w.isPowered = true;
    89.                     wheelsList.Add(w);
    91.                 }
    93.             }
    95.             if (axles.rearAxle.powered == true)
    96.             {
    98.                 foreach (Wheel w in axles.rearAxle.wheels)
    99.                 {
    101.                     w.isPowered = true;
    103.                     wheelsList.Add(w);
    105.                 }
    107.             }
    109.             foreach (Axle axle in axles.otherAxles)
    110.             {
    112.                 if (axle.powered == true)
    113.                 {
    115.                     foreach (Wheel w in axle.wheels)
    116.                     {
    118.                         w.isPowered = true;
    120.                         wheelsList.Add(w);
    122.                     }
    124.                 }
    126.             }
    128.             poweredWheels = wheelsList.ToArray();//new Wheel[axles.frontAxle.wheels.Length + axles.rearAxle.wheels.Length + OtherAxlesWheels.Length];
    130.             //axles.frontAxle.wheels.CopyTo(poweredWheels, 0);
    132.             //axles.rearAxle.wheels.CopyTo(poweredWheels, axles.frontAxle.wheels.Length);
    134.             //OtherAxlesWheels.CopyTo(poweredWheels, axles.rearAxle.wheels.Length);
    136.         }
    138.         else if (transmission == Transmissions.AWD)
    139.         {
    141.             foreach (Wheel w in axles.rearAxle.wheels)
    142.             {
    144.                 w.isPowered = true;
    146.                 w.drivetrainFraction = rearPowerRatio / 2f;
    148.             }
    150.             foreach (Wheel w in axles.frontAxle.wheels)
    151.             {
    153.                 w.isPowered = true;
    155.                 w.drivetrainFraction = (1f - rearPowerRatio) / 2f;
    157.             }
    159.             poweredWheels = axles.allWheels;
    161.             axles.frontAxle.powered = true;
    163.             axles.rearAxle.powered = true;
    165.             foreach (Axle axle in axles.otherAxles)
    166.             {
    168.                 axle.powered = false;
    170.             }
    172.         }
    176.         drivetrainFraction = 1f / poweredWheels.Length;
    178.     }
    3. Modify references to drivetrainFraction to use w.drivetrainFraction in FixedUpdate. 3 lines
    Code (csharp):
    1. w.drivetrainInertia =  m_drivetrainInertia*ratio*ratio*w.drivetrainFraction*clutch.GetClutchPosition();
    Code (csharp):
    1. slipRatio += w.slipRatio*w.drivetrainFraction;
    Code (csharp):
    1. idealSlipRatio += w.idealSlipRatio*w.drivetrainFraction;
    CarDynamics.cs

1. in SetWheelsParams, in the loop foreach(Wheel w in axles.frontAxle.wheels) change sideways grip. Note, I am sure there is a better way to do this. This is just a quick and dirty solution to getting more lateral grip on front wheels.
    Code (csharp):
    1. w.sidewaysGripFactor=axles.frontAxle.sidewaysGripFactor*1.3f;

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  21. Extreme_u3Damon

Extreme_u3Damon

WOW ! Thanks so much for the great info !!!

now am working on it :)

[EDIT] :

I stuck in Last Part !!! i can not Find SetCarParams / or any thing you mentioned in the Drivetrain.cs Script :(

Would you please be more specific ?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  22. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

Sorry, my mistake. I have corrected CarDynamics change. in previous post.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  23. miskoltrans

miskoltrans

Does anyone want to share some cool car setups for UnityCar 2.1, please?
    Thank you in advance :D

24. Ecocide

Ecocide

lol, I had the same thoughts yesterday. We have to use this great feature :)
    Right now, I'm working on setting up a trailer for a common car, but it still acts pretty strange due to wrong values (and there are many).

25. derkoi

derkoi

Sorry never saw this comment! Small world eh? Especially in Hedon! lol

26. dog

dog

waiting for UnityCar Pro Christmas sale !

27. derkoi

derkoi

Since I can't get free support from Newlife any more the documentation isn't complete, can anyone suggest some drivetrain settings for a racing car, the more I tweak it the more I make it worse!

28. lockbox

lockbox

Make yourself something like this...

http://3dnemo.com/games/release/056_CarTool.html

Controls are:

"c" change camera
    "i" AI on/off
    "Space" brake
    "r" return to the track

29. miskoltrans

miskoltrans

I have a stupid problem:
    I have created a custom car, from scratch, and imported the ferrari setup, but the weigth distribution is all messed up. For example when i brake, back supension gets compressed, and car tilts back! And it should tilt forward! What could be the problem?

30. dog

dog

no Christmas sale :(

31. newlife

newlife

I made some changes in the SmoothSteer and SteerAssistance algorithm in order to make the car easier to control in counter steer situations. More, i changed sport cars setup, now sport cars are more responsive when changing direction.
    These changes are going to be included in the forthcoming UnityCar 2.2 Pro release.

Yep its possible but not with setup menu cause this script includes some hand brake logic used to make the use of the handbrake easier (during handbrake clutch is engaged, ABS, ESP and SteerAssistance are turned off)

32. newlife

newlife

99% this is due to a too low COG. check COG position

33. newlife

newlife

This is VERY interesting. Im going to use this to make a drifter helper. Nice work Zaddo. You showed a master knowledge of my package. If you are interested, i can consider you for some potential UnityCar customization request I receive.

34. newlife

newlife

UnityCar 2.2 Pro
    Hello,
    UnityCar 2.2 Pro is ready. This release add some improvements (on force feedback and on keyboard handling) and some fixes (on setup loading and camber calculation). Meanwhile im also working on the wiki documentation, completed at 40%.

Updates:
    • updated all the included modeles and names in order to remove all copyrighted brand names and logos (Ferrari, Mclaren, etc.)
    • updated the wiki documentation to mactch UnityCar 2.1 Pro and LE (update completed at 40%). New links are: unitypackages.net/unitycar/wiki/index.php?title=UnityCarPro:Main for UnityCar Pro, unitypackages.net/unitycar/wiki/index.php?title=UnityCarLE:Main for UnityCar LE.
    • improved CarController SmoothSteer function. Now changing steering direction is calculated respect of steerTime;
    • improved CarController SmoothSteer function. Now counter steer detection is more precise;
    • improved CarController SteerAssistance function. Now when a counter steer is detected, SteerAssistance is disabled;
    • improved TCS behaviour: now TCS is quicker in detecting a lateral slip;
    • improved TCS algorithm: now is possible to change TCS intervention using TCS allowed slip parameter (in percentage, that is 0.1 means that is allowed 10% of tire slip before TCS intervention);
    • improved ABS algorithm: now is possible to change ABS intervention using ABS allowed slip parameter (in percentage, that is 0.1 means that is allowed 10% of tire slip before ABS intervention);
    • improved lateralTireStiffness calculation;
    • improved ForceFeedBack calculation: added caster influence on force feedback force;
    • improved SC truck setup: now truck can rotate 110° around trailer;
    • improved F360, MP4, R34 and Kooper setup: now, using keyboard input, car is more responsive when changing direction in counter steer situation;
    • added a parameter in CarDynamcs: caster angle (used force feedback calculation);
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: normalizeThrottleInput (used to normalize to 0..1 G27 and similar throttle input (G27 throttle input goes from -1 to +1));
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: normalizeBrakesInput (used to normalize to 0..1 G27 and similar brakes input (G27 brakes input goes from -1 to +1));
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: normalizeClutchInput (used to normalize to 0..1 G27 and similar clutch input (G27 clutch input goes from -1 to +1));
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: exponentialThrottleInput (used make throttle input response exponential instead of linear);
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: exponentialBrakesInput (used make brakes input response exponential instead of linear);
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: exponentialTClutchInput (used make input clutch response exponential instead of linear);
    • added veloSteerTime, veloSteerReleaseTime and steerCorrectionFactor parameters in settings menu (under assistance tab);
    • addded caster angle parameter in settings menu (under suspension tab);

Fixes:
    • fixed an issue in setup class which occasionally prevented setup loading;
    • fixed an error in geometric camber calculation;
    • fixed a sporadic issue in EngageClutch() function which causes a NAN error with Unity3D 4.0;

As always, you can test UniytCar 2.2 Pro on line

New parameters in settings menu:

Turn steering wheel slow down factor and Release steering wheel slow down factor, used to slow down steer proportionally to velocity. Steer Correction Factor, used to speed up steer when a counter steer situation is detected.

caster angle, which influences force feedback and steering axis.

35. newlife

newlife

Im a little late for Christmas, i hope that you dont mind if i start if from tomorrow :) I just need to modify PayPal button in order to apply the discount.

So, from December 27th 2012 till January 05th 2013 you can buy UnityCar 2.1 - 2.2 Pro with a 10% discount (87€ instead of 97€).

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  36. reddotgames

reddotgames

Great! When you will submit 2.2 on Asset Store? I prefer buy it there.
    Or is there option to buy 2.1 on Asset Store and write you email with invoice number to send me 2.2? Is it ok?

37. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Will you be emailing us a new link when its ready to download or is it ready to go and we just use the old link? Thanks!

38. newlife

newlife

Im going to submit it on these days. Keep in mind that from 3 days to 1 week is needed for the package to be accepted and available in the Asset Store. Meanwhile, you can buy 2.1 on the Asset Store and receive 2.2 update with invoice number.

39. newlife

newlife

You'll receive an email

40. newlife

newlife

Hello everybody,
    Christmas sale is ready. Just go open this link and you'll be able to buy UnityCar Pro 2.1 - 2.2 with 10% of discount (87€ instead of 97€). Valid till January 5th 2013.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  41. Anakin

Anakin

I'd like to ask one small question about the FFB in UnityCar. Does it require pro version of the unity3d itself or does it work on Unity3D Indie also?

42. newlife

newlife

Hello Anakin,
    since FFB needs an external plugin to work (Unity3D doesnt give direct access to FFB devices) you need Unity3D Pro.

43. newlife

newlife

Hello everybody, i just found an interesting setting for arcader class which gives good results in tracks environments with high powered cars. Its fun, controllable and convincing. More, its very difficult to make a spin out (unless you want it).
    These are the settings, set them in the inspector or in the setup file:

minVelocity=35
    overallStrength=0.5
    COGHelperStrength=0
    torqueHelperStrength=0.1
    gripHelperStrength=0.3

From now on (UnityCar 2.2 Pro), all high powered cars have these settings for the arcader by default. I updated the online demos too.

Happy New Year's Eve to everybody :)

44. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

Hi Anakin, I have a solution for FFB in Unity3D indie. I have sent you a PM with details.

45. Shigidy

Shigidy

46. Djiel

Djiel

Nice work with 2.2, some things are clearly much better than previously (such as; now actually being able to accelerate at lower speeds, while turning)
    I'm surprised to see, that after all this time there's still no support for turbo chargers.. this is one of the few things that's really lacking and an important part of car simulations. A lot of the sport cars (like the Skyline in your package) already have them by default and they clearly affect car performance in real life.
    Turbo lag just to name one thing, is clearly an important aspect of it which really affects driving.
    Otherwise I was a little bit disappointed that the 2.2 demo only works on Monza :( I'm still looking for physics for my street racing game and the city was cool to test with.

Keep up the good work and a happy new year :)

ps. Why is the Skyline by default RWD? It clearly says GT-R on it, so it should be AWD :p

47. newlife

newlife

hello,
    can you describe better what do you mean with this video? btw, keep in mind that in Rigs of Rods EVERYTHING is a soft body, including the tires. For this reason is so realistic (and CPU intensive).

48. newlife

newlife

well i didnt receive a lot of request about turbo charges.
    Anyway keep in mind that while UnityCar features are always growing, UnityCar price has never grown ;)
    for what concern city scene, you are right, i completely forgot to add it to online demos. Im going to add it ASAP.

PS: LOL i dint know that the GT-R was integral.. anyway it seems that the transmission is very dynamic, so UnityCar simple AWD transmission is not suitable to the GT-R i think. In the next UnityCar version, with a proper differential implementation, im going to fix this.

49. Djiel

Djiel

I find that strange. It is of course your product, so your choice to add it or not.. but in my opinion this would be a great addition to an already feature rich package!
    Yes, I have noticed that and that's very cool :)
    Cool! Good thing I kind of reminded you then :D

50. devotid

devotid

Whats the easiest way to upgrade our own cars and projects from 1.0 to 2.2? Besides starting from scratch?....lol.

I have got three projects going right now (unitycar 1.0, 2.1 and 2.2). I think the 2.1 to 2.2 should be pretty easy...... but any suggestions as to what has to be updated for the 1.0 to 2.2 jump? all scripts plus input settings....and what else?

Thanks for any advice anybody may have....

and im still working on a teaser for the trophykart game....... RCSIM and XMAS have gotten in the way of working on it.....:)

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.