Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[DEPRECATED] UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle sim on Unity3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by newlife, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

I agree completely, I have no problem waiting for UnityCar 2.0...I was just beginning to wonder if something had happened because normally he posts within the next day....

BTW, pretty sure its only Holiday season in the US.....can't say other countries celebrate independence day on the 4th....but then again, there may be other holidays they do celebrate around this time? What do I know...

2. devotid

devotid

Yeah im sorry for snapping i had just woke up and usually not myself unitl i "take my meds" (ie:coffee).......ill watch my tone....:), i just like to stick up for the hard workers that do deliver...hahaha..... he just cant come here everyday. I heard he answers the Skype line even faster.... so you may want to look into that for a faster response.

I luckily got to grow up in France but live in the US now..... but really....... i just meant the "summer time holiday" in general....

anyways..... sorry for being mean to you.

Kevin

3. newlife

newlife

UniyCar 2.0 LE released​

UnityCar is a realistic and complete vehicle simulation package for Unity3D Game Engine. With UnityCar you can easly integrate (without scripting) any kind of vehicle in your game: passenger cars, racing cars, dragsters, drift cars, trucks (with trailer), buses with complex sections of any number of wheels. You can obtain any level of simulation accuracy, from an arcade behavior (by enabling ArcadeMode) to a almost hardcore simulation. Adding a vehicle to your projects is as easy as clicking on a menu voice under Component/Physics menu.

UnityCar 2.0 LE is Light Edition of UnityCar 2.0 Pro. It shares most of the code with the Pro version, but is missing some of the more advanced features of the Pro version.

Updates
    • improved performance: now its possible to get the same simulation accuracy even with one single iteration (big performance improvement (5x) with both PC and mobile platforms).
    • improved scaling performance: now its possible to increase fixed timestep up to 0.05 and still obtain acceptable simulation accuracy. On the same way, you can decrease fixed timestep and obtain increased simulation accuracy;
    • improved code: some further optimization in code (now in ALL UnityCar code there are just three triginometric funtion calls (Mathf.Sin));
    • improved code: now all game logic has been moved to an external class (SettingMenu.cs);
    • improved code: now all OnGUI debug calls have been removed from UnityCar classes;
    • improved code: now CarCameras class is separated from its controller class (CarCamerasController);
    • improved code: now debug mode is based on its own class (CarDebug);
    • improved tire smoke: now is more realistic;
    • improved TCS algorithm;
    • improved ESP algorithm;
    • improved Steer Assistance algorithm;
    • improved automatic transmission algorithm;
    • improved clutch code;
    • improved clutch engaging algorithm (now behaves like in LFS);
    • improved bump stop model: no more sinking wheels;
    • improved input handling: now its possible to change input axis directly from CarController inspector. Useful for multiplayer and AI (now you can add as many simultaneous player and AI cars without modifyng the code; thanks to david guerrez palma for this);
    • improved suspension model. Now suspension calculations are more physical coherent;
    • improved suspension model. Now with zero suspension rate suspension behave like a rigid contact point;
    • improved net power calculation: now is precise;
    • improved rev limiter algorithm;
    • improved soundController code: now engine noise is more proportional to throttle value;
    • adedd a new scene: Stress Test scene. In stress test scene you can create dynamically how many cars you want and drive them;
    • added a new parameter in drivetrain: autoreverse. Used to toggle autoreverse with automatic transmission;
    • added new driving helper: steer correction factor. Used to increase steer velocity when user counter steers to reduce oversteer;

Fixes:
    • fixed car rolling off when front tires and rear tires have different radius or when front suspension height is different from rear suspension height;
    • fixed an error in automatic transmission which caused wrong shift time shifitng in reverse;
    • fixed wrong behaviour of the automatic transmission causing multiple shift down during hard brake;
    • fixed revlimiter not working in reverse;
    • fixed wrong cars dimensions. Now car's dimension resemble perfecly the real ones;
    • fixed slip angle oscilation at very high speed;
    • fixed wrong behaviour during hard brake at very high speed;

As previusly said, UnityCar 2.0 LE is missing some of the more advanced features of the Pro version. These features are:

• skype support (only email);
    • 6 months free support (only 3 months);
    • mouse controller and mobile controller;
    • car damages;
    • new high quality 3D models (4 mid quality models from UnityCar 1.2 included (catamount, ferrari, clio and GMC offroad));
    • Monza Track scene (made and improved by sipon);
    • new city scene (made by sipon);
    • new accurate engine model (with configurable max power, max power rpm, max torque and max torque rpm);
    • external config file;
    • possibility to have more than 4 wheels;
    • physic correct head movement with on board camera;
    • 3D tire;
    • camber calculation;
    • tire pressure calculation;
    • tire deformation;
    • accurate lateral and longitudinal tire relaxation calculation;
    • movable steering wheel;
    • complete 2.0 dashboard (no onboard dashboard, no pedals monitor, no digital speedo (basically is the dashboard from 1.2 a little polished);
    • in game Settings menu with engine torque curve and tuning dialogs (used to change car's settings);
    • full new suspension model (no Fast Bump and Fast Rebound);
    • new clutch model (it uses an optimized UnityCar 1.2 version);
    • improved arcade mode based on a new class (Arcader). More, Arcader is based on an abstract class called Modifier, so its possible to write a custom modifier class in order to obtain any kind of specific behaviour (drift, GTA4, etc.);
    • support for brake caliper and brake disk model.

Web Demos​

Stress Test Demo.
    In this demo you can test UnityCar 2.0 performance improvements by dynamically creating as many cars as you want, and drive them.

Pixelactive City Demo.
    This is a classic city environment with sharp curves, jumps and switchback. Ideal to test car's driveability and suspensions reactions to jumps.

Rally Sweden Demo.
    Rally track where you can test UnityCar offroad simulation capability.

Tutorial Track Demo.
    This is the track included with the official Unity Car Tutorial. Very big, with both road and offroad paths.

UnityCar 2.0 Pro will be free upgrade to all UnityCar 1.0 - 1.2 customers and will cost (as always) 97€ (it will be released in the next days).
    UnityCar 2.0 LE is already for sale and costs 49€.
    You can buy UnityCar 2.0 LE via PayPal using unitycar at unitypackages.net as vendor email. Contact me in PM or at unitycar at unitypackages.net for more info.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  4. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Thanks Newlife that did the trick, exactly the parameter I was looking for. Great to see UC 2.0 nearly out, can't wait to test drive it :D

5. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

Invalid Data File on all of the demos, even still with the updated ones. I don't get it, other Unity stuff works fine online. :(

6. newlife

newlife

Hello Z31NA2T,
    are you using a PC or a MAC?

7. jeffmorris1956

jeffmorris1956

All the demos give me "Invalid Data File" messages. I'm using Windows 7 Home Edition.

8. newlife

newlife

are you behind a proxy?

9. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

I use a PC, Windows 7, no proxy.

10. Shigidy

Shigidy

First of all, just like to say thanks newlife I'm digging the new upgrades. Newlife I also have that same problem on windows 7, but it works fine on vista.

11. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Working great here on Windows 7 64bit. Great work NewLife! I'm very excited about the improvements! Still in my opinion the best option hands down for car physics!

12. artzfx

artzfx

Demo's work fine for me also on Win7 64bit.

13. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

I'm running 64bit too...invalid data file. Has been this way for ages....other Unity stuff works online. Do you have a link to it directly instead of embedded in the site using the query string thingy....

14. KatanaSim

KatanaSim

Works great on Win7 64bit, Chrome browser. I like the update but looking even more forward to the Pro version.

15. pierresusset

pierresusset

Invalid data file occurs with IE on PC...

16. unity_sg

unity_sg

Hi, this project looks really amazing.
    I've read the features of the 2.0 version, I saw that you're speaking about tire deformation.
    Could you tell us a little more about this or show a demo / video ?
    I'm really interested in the feature

Other question, is your project compatible with all analogic joysticks and pedals ?
    Does it use standard unity input settings ?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  17. newlife

newlife

are you using Win 7?

18. newlife

newlife

I made a modification on my web server. Can you try now?

19. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

Invalid Data File....

Its not that huge of a deal for me, once UnityCar 2.0 Pro is released I'll just try them. :)

20. newlife

newlife

Did you try to download the latest unity web player?

21. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

Yup, I have the most recent....doesnt matter if I use firefox, Chrome, IE or whatever...same thing. :(

22. newlife

newlife

thats weird.. my beta testers and several customers had never had a problem with the online demos.. any ideas?

23. Boss

Boss

cool.

24. jeffmorris1956

jeffmorris1956

Where can I download the latest version of Unity 3D web player? I thought that when I install the next version of Unity 3D, the setup program installs the next version of the web player.

25. zhing

zhing

I have bought UnityCar 1.2 from Assets Store. How can I get lastest 2.0 version for upgrading?

26. devotid

devotid

+1

Thanks Newlife.

27. newlife

newlife

http://unity3d.com/webplayer/

28. newlife

newlife

Hello,
    contact me via email or skype (including your invoice number). Keep in mind that UnityCar 2.0 Pro is not ready, so i'll send you UnityCar 2.0 LE.

29. jeffmorris1956

jeffmorris1956

Newlife, I bought Unity Car 1.0 from your website about a year ago. Rather than wait for Unity 2.0 Pro, can I get Unity 2.0 LE?

30. sesamiam

sesamiam

LE demos work here ok. Looking good. Stress demo is funny :)

31. Daladier

Daladier

I look forward to UnityCar 2.0 Pro. When will be release date, days or weeks?
    Thanks.

32. newlife

newlife

Yes. contact me via email.

33. Mishaps

Mishaps

newlife you've got us all excited about 2.0 saying its released but we can't get it yet! What's the outlook days weeks?

Awesome plugin anyways I'm happy to wait :)

34. newlife

newlife

Hello,
    a small update in UnityCar 2.0 LE demos. Now you can perform burnout starts by holding Left Shift key.
    This short video shows a normal start and a burnout start:

Technically, holding Left Shift just disables Traction Control and ESP and set Engage RPM to Max Power RPM.

35. Z31NA2T

Z31NA2T

36. newlife

newlife

Hello,
    to make a stand still burnout (like that in the video) you need a really powerful car. More, you need to disable automatic transmission (press "t" key).
    So firstly, increase power (1.5x should be enough) then disable automatic transmission (press "t" key).
    Now you should be able to make a stand still burnout.

37. Mishaps

Mishaps

38. sesamiam

sesamiam

This is my current sparetime project, workname 000-Racing. This is supposed to be something Stunt car Racer´ish driving game. Its still using v1.2 of Unitycar.

http://youtu.be/0GStGhXKVJs

Big thanks to Michele for Unitycar :)

39. Kathrin-Jennifer

Kathrin-Jennifer

The truck I'm using has a mass of 12000 and in order to make it flip the COG is nearly as high as the roof of the truck. This seems to be unrealistic. Are there other parameters that needs to be adjusted?

40. Univerb-Gaming

Univerb-Gaming

I believe car dynamics supports both explicitly defined COG object as well as a calculation based around collision mesh. If your collision mesh is accurate try removing the COG object itself and let UnityCar calculate it for you?

Some information here: http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/wiki/index.php/Car_Dynamics

41. unitarian411

unitarian411

This package looks really good, I went ahead and bought it.

Unfortunately I am new to Unity, and simply cannot get it to work, either on its own or in one of my scenes. Too many errors, doc/package inconsistencies, head scratching on my part. There is a small amount of car setup documentation on the unity wiki, the rest is reference docs explaining what the various variables in the sophisticated model do - and a bunch of pages are "There is currently no text in this page"

What I need is the basics, just to get me started:

• how do I "try out" this package and the sample scenes included (Just creating a new project with only that package installed loads up the monza scene, but due to errors it does not actually run)
    • how do i set up the car (the wiki docs don't work at least for a noob user like me)
    • how are cars and cameras and controllers related and how are they set up
    • -- for example first person inside the car, third person looking at the car
    • -- how do you dynamically switch cameras/cars (interesting video by a user here)
    • what tips are there for setting up roads, obstacles, terrain
    • -- smart ways of using layers
    • -- the wiki shows how to use Blender to set up a racetrack, would the Road/Path tool by sixtimesnothing also work, or EasyRoads3D ? Both allow building roads inside Unity.

Does anyone have knowledge of tutorials/videos/documentation about the "basics" of getting unityCar going and perhaps even beyond that, tips techniques for building tracks / terrains that work well with unityCar in mind ?

Any advice appreciated and apologies if this strikes more sophisticated unity users as a naive set of questions - I am just getting started. Hopefully one day it'll all just be obvious :)

In the meantime I thank anyone who might point me to some helpful unitycar "starter" resources.

Thanks !!

Robert

42. Shigidy

Shigidy

Ditto to just about everything you said....

43. newlife

newlife

Hello Robert,
    did you read the included README file? UnityCar has NO error or inconsistencies. Most probably you didnt copy the inputManager.setting file in the library folder of your project (as written in the README file).
    Btw, whenever you have an issue that you cant solve, you are encouraged to contact me on skype or email (you can find the contacts on the README file).

Read above

What do you mean with set up the car? did you read this wiki page http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/wiki/index.php/Creating_a_car?

Cameras logic is in CarCamera.cs

This is outside the scope of UniyCar

You can of course use any Unity compatible road generator

After UnityCar 2.0 Pro release im going to make some video tutorial in order to explain the basics of UnityCar.

44. Shigidy

Shigidy

Video tutorials....That to me is the best update you could do. Thanks very much.

45. newlife

newlife

Hello,
    this is just to tell you that today im releasing UnityCar 2.0 Pro to beta testers.
    Beta release has been postponed due to a weird bug that a LE beta tester found a couple of days ago: during hard brake at high speed (>250 kmh) front tires slide laterally due to a strong lateral force till a complete spin out.
    It took me two days to fix this issue.
    Now im working back to UnityCar 2.0 Pro.

46. Mishaps

Mishaps

Awesome newlife thanks for the update.

47. derkoi

derkoi

Sounds good, looking forward to the new version.

48. newlife

newlife

Hello,
    this is to update everybody in UnityCar 2.0 Pro progression.

New 3d models are ready and working (only new truck is missing):

New Ferrari model (by sipon):

New Monster Truck model (by sipon):

New R34 model (by moroz):

New city scene (thanks to sipon for the worderful city model):

New setup window (used to change car setup in runtime) fully implemented:

Engine Setup Tab:

Transmission Setup Tab:

Suspension Setup Tab:

Brakes Setup Tab:

Tires Setup Tab:

Body Setup Tab:

Driving Assistance Setup Tab:

The new engine model (with configurable max power, max power rpm, max torque and max torque rpm) is ready and working.
    Physic correct head movement with on board camera is implemented.
    Improved arcade mode based on a new class is implemented and working too.
    Movable steering wheel implemented.
    Full new suspension model implemented and working.

Most of the other new features (camber calculation,tire pressure calculation, accurate lateral and longitudinal tire relaxation calculation, new clutch model) are ready and working, they just need to be ported from a temporary working project.

Features that are missing are:
    • external config file (load car setup from an external text asset)
    • tire deformation

Im already working on these last new features together with beta testers, who are accurately checking that everything in the package is working like it should ;)

Regards,
    Michele Di Lena

49. sesamiam

sesamiam

Oh. didnt expect this much :D Cant wait! (well I can wait but still)

50. GameReady3D

GameReady3D

Wow....looks amazing. I can't wait for it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.