Unity Community

Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reddotgames View Post
    OK so here is how to achieve this situation.
    I drive car first from 2.1 pro demo on your website.

ESP off, STEERING ASSIST off
    I drive car on at 120 km/h on exit from pit (orange ferrari car) - i turn fully left - its impossible to car go into slide (car turn like have esp and steering assist on)

than (and this is important part)
    i turn fully right (hold key) and it takes about 2 seconds before car will start turn right (like massive delay in steering - it feels like steering is from gum)
    and because of this gummy steering I end on grass and barrier

I try to change steering reaction from 0.1s to 0.01s but its the same.

so from first few seconds with demo I see 2 major problems - impossible to slide car with oversterring and gummy sterring (even with sterring assist and esp off)

all other settings at on default like you set it

Dont get me wrong I dont search for faults in your system - I wanna buy it personally because its most complete car physics for Unity here.
    I made some changes in the SmoothSteer and SteerAssistance algorithm in order to make the car easier to control in counter steer situations. More, i changed sport cars setup, now sport cars are more responsive when changing direction.
    These changes are going to be included in the forthcoming UnityCar 2.2 Pro release.

ok, so its impossible on automatic with handbrake and full gas?
    Yep its possible but not with setup menu cause this script includes some hand brake logic used to make the use of the handbrake easier (during handbrake clutch is engaged, ABS, ESP and SteerAssistance are turned off)
    UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle simulation on Unity3D. Official thread - Online demos
    UnityCar 2.0 LE. Light Edition of UnityCar Pro. Online demos

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miskoltrans View Post
    I have a stupid problem:
    I have created a custom car, from scratch, and imported the ferrari setup, but the weigth distribution is all messed up. For example when i brake, back supension gets compressed, and car tilts back! And it should tilt forward! What could be the problem?
    99% this is due to a too low COG. check COG position
    UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle simulation on Unity3D. Official thread - Online demos

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaddo67 View Post
    [EDIT] I managed to get a setup that has an arcade feel and nice drifting. This comment from MoroZ in this thread back in June helped:

I made three changes:
    1. mod code to apply 20% power to front wheels. This helpds control the car when back wheels lost grip.
    2. Increased lateral grip on front wheels by 30%
    3. Small mod into the Wheel script to apply a proportional counter lateral force to rear wheels if player counter steering.

The results of these changes are the ability to enter a slide and better control of the vehicle through the slide.
    This is VERY interesting. Im going to use this to make a drifter helper. Nice work Zaddo. You showed a master knowledge of my package. If you are interested, i can consider you for some potential UnityCar customization request I receive.

4. Posts
    UnityCar 2.2 Pro
    Hello,
    UnityCar 2.2 Pro is ready. This release add some improvements (on force feedback and on keyboard handling) and some fixes (on setup loading and camber calculation). Meanwhile im also working on the wiki documentation, completed at 40%.

Updates:
    • updated all the included modeles and names in order to remove all copyrighted brand names and logos (Ferrari, Mclaren, etc.)
    • updated the wiki documentation to mactch UnityCar 2.1 Pro and LE (update completed at 40%). New links are: unitypackages.net/unitycar/wiki/index.php?title=UnityCarPro:Main for UnityCar Pro, unitypackages.net/unitycar/wiki/index.php?title=UnityCarLE:Main for UnityCar LE.
    • improved CarController SmoothSteer function. Now changing steering direction is calculated respect of steerTime;
    • improved CarController SmoothSteer function. Now counter steer detection is more precise;
    • improved CarController SteerAssistance function. Now when a counter steer is detected, SteerAssistance is disabled;
    • improved TCS behaviour: now TCS is quicker in detecting a lateral slip;
    • improved TCS algorithm: now is possible to change TCS intervention using TCS allowed slip parameter (in percentage, that is 0.1 means that is allowed 10% of tire slip before TCS intervention);
    • improved ABS algorithm: now is possible to change ABS intervention using ABS allowed slip parameter (in percentage, that is 0.1 means that is allowed 10% of tire slip before ABS intervention);
    • improved lateralTireStiffness calculation;
    • improved ForceFeedBack calculation: added caster influence on force feedback force;
    • improved SC truck setup: now truck can rotate 110 around trailer;
    • improved F360, MP4, R34 and Kooper setup: now, using keyboard input, car is more responsive when changing direction in counter steer situation;
    • added a parameter in CarDynamcs: caster angle (used force feedback calculation);
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: normalizeThrottleInput (used to normalize to 0..1 G27 and similar throttle input (G27 throttle input goes from -1 to +1));
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: normalizeBrakesInput (used to normalize to 0..1 G27 and similar brakes input (G27 brakes input goes from -1 to +1));
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: normalizeClutchInput (used to normalize to 0..1 G27 and similar clutch input (G27 clutch input goes from -1 to +1));
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: exponentialThrottleInput (used make throttle input response exponential instead of linear);
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: exponentialBrakesInput (used make brakes input response exponential instead of linear);
    • added a parameter in axisCarController: exponentialTClutchInput (used make input clutch response exponential instead of linear);
    • added veloSteerTime, veloSteerReleaseTime and steerCorrectionFactor parameters in settings menu (under assistance tab);
    • addded caster angle parameter in settings menu (under suspension tab);

Fixes:
    • fixed an issue in setup class which occasionally prevented setup loading;
    • fixed an error in geometric camber calculation;
    • fixed a sporadic issue in EngageClutch() function which causes a NAN error with Unity3D 4.0;

As always, you can test UniytCar 2.2 Pro on line

New parameters in settings menu:

Turn steering wheel slow down factor and Release steering wheel slow down factor, used to slow down steer proportionally to velocity. Steer Correction Factor, used to speed up steer when a counter steer situation is detected.

caster angle, which influences force feedback and steering axis.

5. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dog View Post
    waiting for UnityCar Pro Christmas sale !
    Im a little late for Christmas, i hope that you dont mind if i start if from tomorrow I just need to modify PayPal button in order to apply the discount.

So, from December 27th 2012 till January 05th 2013 you can buy UnityCar 2.1 - 2.2 Pro with a 10% discount (87€ instead of 97€).
    Last edited by newlife; 12-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.

6. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newlife View Post
    I made some changes in the SmoothSteer and SteerAssistance algorithm in order to make the car easier to control in counter steer situations. More, i changed sport cars setup, now sport cars are more responsive when changing direction.
    These changes are going to be included in the forthcoming UnityCar 2.2 Pro release.
    Great! When you will submit 2.2 on Asset Store? I prefer buy it there.
    Or is there option to buy 2.1 on Asset Store and write you email with invoice number to send me 2.2? Is it ok?
    RED DOT GAMES
    Car Paint Shader PRO | SmartWheel - Wheel Generator | Car Paint Mobile Shader PRO
    12 American+10 European+2 Police CAR MODELS Pack | SKI Game Pack 3 Cartoon Models
    FPS TPP Camera Horizontal Blur | Cartoon 5 Kart Models Pack | Cartoon 50 Lowpoly Buildings Pack
    675 Handpainted Sprites Pack | glareFX Dirt Lens Effect | Cartoon 65 Seamless Textures

7. Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Will you be emailing us a new link when its ready to download or is it ready to go and we just use the old link? Thanks!

8. Posts
    Great! When you will submit 2.2 on Asset Store? I prefer buy it there.
    Or is there option to buy 2.1 on Asset Store and write you email with invoice number to send me 2.2? Is it ok?
    Im going to submit it on these days. Keep in mind that from 3 days to 1 week is needed for the package to be accepted and available in the Asset Store. Meanwhile, you can buy 2.1 on the Asset Store and receive 2.2 update with invoice number.

9. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UnleadedGames View Post
    Will you be emailing us a new link when its ready to download or is it ready to go and we just use the old link? Thanks!
    You'll receive an email

10. Posts
    Hello everybody,
    Christmas sale is ready. Just go open this link and you'll be able to buy UnityCar Pro 2.1 - 2.2 with 10% of discount (87€ instead of 97€). Valid till January 5th 2013.

Last edited by newlife; 12-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.

11. Posts
    I'd like to ask one small question about the FFB in UnityCar. Does it require pro version of the unity3d itself or does it work on Unity3D Indie also?

12. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    I'd like to ask one small question about the FFB in UnityCar. Does it require pro version of the unity3d itself or does it work on Unity3D Indie also?
    Hello Anakin,
    since FFB needs an external plugin to work (Unity3D doesnt give direct access to FFB devices) you need Unity3D Pro.

13. Posts
    Hello everybody, i just found an interesting setting for arcader class which gives good results in tracks environments with high powered cars. Its fun, controllable and convincing. More, its very difficult to make a spin out (unless you want it).
    These are the settings, set them in the inspector or in the setup file:

minVelocity=35
    overallStrength=0.5
    COGHelperStrength=0
    torqueHelperStrength=0.1
    gripHelperStrength=0.3

From now on (UnityCar 2.2 Pro), all high powered cars have these settings for the arcader by default. I updated the online demos too.

Happy New Year's Eve to everybody

14. Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    Hi Anakin, I have a solution for FFB in Unity3D indie. I have sent you a PM with details.

15. Posts
    Suggestion: Could you possibly make the monster truck tires behave more like at 1:14 on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7dHflBrnZE

16. Location
    Netherlands
    Nice work with 2.2, some things are clearly much better than previously (such as; now actually being able to accelerate at lower speeds, while turning)
    I'm surprised to see, that after all this time there's still no support for turbo chargers.. this is one of the few things that's really lacking and an important part of car simulations. A lot of the sport cars (like the Skyline in your package) already have them by default and they clearly affect car performance in real life.
    Turbo lag just to name one thing, is clearly an important aspect of it which really affects driving.
    Otherwise I was a little bit disappointed that the 2.2 demo only works on Monza I'm still looking for physics for my street racing game and the city was cool to test with.

Keep up the good work and a happy new year

ps. Why is the Skyline by default RWD? It clearly says GT-R on it, so it should be AWD

17. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigidy View Post
    Suggestion: Could you possibly make the monster truck tires behave more like at 1:14 on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7dHflBrnZE
    hello,
    can you describe better what do you mean with this video? btw, keep in mind that in Rigs of Rods EVERYTHING is a soft body, including the tires. For this reason is so realistic (and CPU intensive).

18. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Djiel View Post
    Nice work with 2.2, some things are clearly much better than previously (such as; now actually being able to accelerate at lower speeds, while turning)
    I'm surprised to see, that after all this time there's still no support for turbo chargers.. this is one of the few things that's really lacking and an important part of car simulations. A lot of the sport cars (like the Skyline in your package) already have them by default and they clearly affect car performance in real life.
    Turbo lag just to name one thing, is clearly an important aspect of it which really affects driving.
    Otherwise I was a little bit disappointed that the 2.2 demo only works on Monza I'm still looking for physics for my street racing game and the city was cool to test with.

Keep up the good work and a happy new year

ps. Why is the Skyline by default RWD? It clearly says GT-R on it, so it should be AWD
    well i didnt receive a lot of request about turbo charges.
    Anyway keep in mind that while UnityCar features are always growing, UnityCar price has never grown
    for what concern city scene, you are right, i completely forgot to add it to online demos. Im going to add it ASAP.

PS: LOL i dint know that the GT-R was integral.. anyway it seems that the transmission is very dynamic, so UnityCar simple AWD transmission is not suitable to the GT-R i think. In the next UnityCar version, with a proper differential implementation, im going to fix this.

19. Location
    Netherlands
    well i didnt receive a lot of request about turbo charges.
    I find that strange. It is of course your product, so your choice to add it or not.. but in my opinion this would be a great addition to an already feature rich package!
    Anyway keep in mind that while UnityCar features are always growing, UnityCar price has never grown
    Yes, I have noticed that and that's very cool
    Im going to add it ASAP.
    Cool! Good thing I kind of reminded you then

20. Posts
    Whats the easiest way to upgrade our own cars and projects from 1.0 to 2.2? Besides starting from scratch?....lol.

I have got three projects going right now (unitycar 1.0, 2.1 and 2.2). I think the 2.1 to 2.2 should be pretty easy...... but any suggestions as to what has to be updated for the 1.0 to 2.2 jump? all scripts plus input settings....and what else?

Thanks for any advice anybody may have....

and im still working on a teaser for the trophykart game....... RCSIM and XMAS have gotten in the way of working on it.....

Kevin
    RCSIM
    RC Car Racng Simulation for PC and MAC
    www.rcsimulation.com
    Free Demo

D Series
    Off Road Driving Simulation for PC
    www.devotid.com
    D Series Kickstarter Campaign
    Free Demo

Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast