Unity Community

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    newlife, please give me a new link to UnityCar 2.1 upgrade. I tried two browsers on two computers and I got the message. I tried this link and it won't let me download the file.

http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/packages/index.php

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris1956 View Post
    newlife, please give me a new link to UnityCar 2.1 upgrade. I tried two browsers on two computers and I got the message. I tried this link and it won't let me download the file.

http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/packages/index.php
    there is no new link jeff, and it seems that is working for most customer. btw, the right link is http://unitypackages.net/unitycar/packages
    if you still have problems, please contact me on skype
    UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle simulation on Unity3D. Official thread - Online demos
    UnityCar 2.0 LE. Light Edition of UnityCar Pro. Online demos

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SobhanNina View Post
    Kinda NASCAR(Chev Montecarlo Find in a Free Repo) here is a Driving Test (Crazy & Careless)
    https://vimeo.com/53530533
    wow cool i like it what did you modify in the setup? can you share the setup file?
    UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle simulation on Unity3D. Official thread - Online demos

4. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psychicparrot View Post
    That's great news (on the documentation) Thanks, man!

I have another question - the models shipped with UnityCar, can we use them in a commercial product or are they copyright protected? Would be good if you could include a note about this in the documentation or in a text file with the package.

Cheers!
    Some cars are taken from sketchup repository, ferrari and monster truck are made by sipon (millions thanks to him, if you need a custom model ask him, he is very good on this) nissan is made my deth_moroz (same story, millions thanks to him, if you need a custom model ask him, he is very good on this).
    Anyway all models are free for commercial use.

5. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newlife View Post
    I love you Sono happy that finally seems to work.
    Form what concern meta file, do you mean that they can be deleted? are you sure?
    Sorry i misunderstood this. I realized right now that my project is FULL of .meta files. I really dont know where they come from. It seems related to External Version Control Systems with Unity (http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentatio...emSupport.html).
    You can delete oll those files.

6. Location
    Los Angeles
    Some cars are taken from sketchup repository, ferrari and monster truck are made by sipon (millions thanks to him, if you need a custom model ask him, he is very good on this) nissan is made my deth_moroz (same story, millions thanks to him, if you need a custom model ask him, he is very good on this).
    Anyway all models are free for commercial use.
    I'd be careful with this. Sure, you have the right to re-use SketchUp models for commercial applications (http://www.sketchup.com/intl/en/3dwh/tos.html) and sipon and deth_moroz also gave you permission to use the models. However, you are actually using copyrighted material, unless you have specific permission from the copyright holders (Ferrari, Nissan, etc.)
    Research Psychologist and Human Interface Technology Engineer.
    Projects, Unity Resources and Research: www.virtualgamelab.com

7. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebas View Post
    I'd be careful with this. Sure, you have the right to re-use SketchUp models for commercial applications (http://www.sketchup.com/intl/en/3dwh/tos.html) and sipon and deth_moroz also gave you permission to use the models. However, you are actually using copyrighted material, unless you have specific permission from the copyright holders (Ferrari, Nissan, etc.)
    ok ok we need to be precise here. Of course, you can use those models for commercial use, but you should remove all brand information.
    For what concern me, im using these branded cars only for the demos, not for commercial purpose.

8. Posts
    thank you very much for your willingness to having solved the problem.
    and I congratulate him for his work.

Michele excellent work, who can be sure you will not regret
    Last edited by manruben51; 11-19-2012 at 09:58 AM.

9. Posts
    Sorry i misunderstood this. I realized right now that my project is FULL of .meta files. I really dont know where they come from. It seems related to External Version Control Systems with Unity (http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentatio...emSupport.html).
    You can delete oll those files.
    Thank You! I deleted all meta files.

10. Posts

Unity AssetStore problem

Hello everybody,
    Im writing this to ask you a suggestion. I submitted UnityCar 2.1 on the assetstore, but it has been declined with this reply:

Dear Unity Asset Store Provider,

Thank you for participating in the Unity Asset Store.

We have noticed that you are using the Unity trademark in your name or offering on the Asset Store in a confusing manner. We need you to stop this use in order to avoid user confusion that your assets are provided by Unity, or that you are otherwise affiliated with or sponsored by Unity. We encourage you to develop your own brand to set yourself apart on the Asset Store. You may descriptively use Unity to specify your assets are for use with Unity software such as "Provider Brand Name X for Unity."

Please cease the confusing use of the Unity trademark within 10 days. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

We also need you to edit the text on your big key image - "Unity3d" is only used for our website, it should just be:

"The most complete and accurate vehicle simulation for Unity".

Thanks, looking forward to your resubmission.

What should i do? Im selling UnityCar on the assetStore since more that 1 year (October 2011), and nobody has never told me anything about this.
    Btw, is the trademark Unity3D or Unity?

11. Location
    Finland
    Must be Unity3D and Unity. If they block you with using name UnityCar, I really think they are heading in the wrong direction.

12. Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Renaming it to UniCar for the asset store seems plausible. They don't seem too upset by UniStorm, UniSky, UniSWF, UnitySteer, UniFileBrowser, UniWeb, Unity Dialogue System, RapidUnity, UnityConstraints, Unity Facebook, UnityFurs, UnityEvent, Unity Toolbar, Unity Cover System, UnitySave... looks like a few of people are about to be affected by this.
    Last edited by UnleadedGames; 11-20-2012 at 05:00 AM.

13. Location
    New Albany, Ohio
    Hello everybody,
    What should i do? Im selling UnityCar on the assetStore since more that 1 year (October 2011), and nobody has never told me anything about this.
    Btw, is the trademark Unity3D or Unity?
    Unfortunately, you don't really have a choice. Just change the name. It sucks, but I don't think you can win this one. Keep your energy on making cool car stuff!

14. Posts
    Luckily seems the be solved now. They are going to make an exception since I managed to establish a brand around this asset name (UnityCar).
    i have to reupload the package though.

15. Location
    Finland
    Luckily seems the be solved now. They are going to make an exception since I managed to establish a brand around this asset name (UnityCar).
    Good to hear that it got sorted.

16. Location
    East Yorkshire, UK
    Sounds to me the Asset store is a lot of hassle!
    Unity 5 pre-ordered.
    Officially licensed Sony developer.

17. Posts
    Hello,
    Im facing another problem with Asset Store submission.

now the decline reason is that i have a license in the readme file, which seems to be in conflict with unity EULA.

this is the license file:

Package Licence
    Usage for unlimited time, any number of projects, royalty-free.
    Keep the copyright notices on top of the source files.
    Resale or redistribute as anything except a final product to the end user (asset / library / engine / middleware / etc.) is not allowed.
    You are asked to put UnityCar logo and website (http://unitypackages.net/unitycar) in your game's credits as author of the vehicle physics.
    You can find the official UnityCar logo in psd format under Assets/UnityCarLogo/, so you can easly change its dimensions and colors to adapt it to your application.

can someone tell me where is the problem with this license file?
    Thanks

18. Location
    East Yorkshire, UK
    Wouldn't you be best asking Unity ?
    Unity 5 pre-ordered.
    Officially licensed Sony developer.

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derkoi View Post
    Wouldn't you be best asking Unity ?
    already asked, waiting for a reply

20. Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    While I have no problem with it, I don't believe I have ever seen another asset on the asset store that forced you to include a logo or credit to the author in order to use it in your project after you have paid for it. I'm just taking a guess that your problem lies there. Do let us know what Unity says.

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast