This package looks really good, I went ahead and bought it.
Unfortunately I am new to Unity, and simply cannot get it to work, either on its own or in one of my scenes. Too many errors, doc/package inconsistencies, head scratching on my part. There is a small amount of car setup documentation on the unity wiki, the rest is reference docs explaining what the various variables in the sophisticated model do - and a bunch of pages are "There is currently no text in this page"
What I need is the basics, just to get me started:
- how do I "try out" this package and the sample scenes included (Just creating a new project with only that package installed loads up the monza scene, but due to errors it does not actually run)
- how do i set up the car (the wiki docs don't work at least for a noob user like me)
- how are cars and cameras and controllers related and how are they set up
- -- for example first person inside the car, third person looking at the car
- -- how do you dynamically switch cameras/cars (interesting video by a user here)
- what tips are there for setting up roads, obstacles, terrain
- -- smart ways of using layers
- -- the wiki shows how to use Blender to set up a racetrack, would the Road/Path tool by sixtimesnothing also work, or EasyRoads3D ? Both allow building roads inside Unity.
Does anyone have knowledge of tutorials/videos/documentation about the "basics" of getting unityCar going and perhaps even beyond that, tips & techniques for building tracks / terrains that work well with unityCar in mind ?
Any advice appreciated and apologies if this strikes more sophisticated unity users as a naive set of questions - I am just getting started. Hopefully one day it'll all just be obvious
In the meantime I thank anyone who might point me to some helpful unitycar "starter" resources.