Unity Community

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devotid View Post
    Michele,

Whats your plans on the saving and loading of car setup files?

I ask because i am building that part of my game at the moment and wondered if you were using XML, SQL or something else to store the data files?

I am also finishing an in-game track builder and will have to save the "layout" data of that somehow..... so im just trying to get an idea of what you will be using to save and load the "car setups" so i can try to keep things clean.
    Im using text asset with a ini style layout.

Quote Originally Posted by devotid View Post
    Also.... Any idea of time frame when you will be done with a build that has the ability to load and save the setups to a "copy-able and shareable" file? I not nagging, just trying to see if i have to "roll my own" on this one and just adapt to your method when released. If you are planning a release in the next week or so i will wait.

Thanks again for the work that you have done.

Kevin.
    My plan is to release UnityCar 2.0 in a week.
    UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle simulation on Unity3D. Official thread - Online demos
    UnityCar 2.0 LE. Light Edition of UnityCar Pro. Online demos

2. Posts
    I've bought your package - it really accurate simulates vehicles.
    But I couldn't find a licence file. Could you explain what rights do I have ?

3. Location
    Los Angeles
    My plan is to release UnityCar 2.0 in a week.
    I'm looking forward to the release of the new version.

4. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dm1try View Post
    I've bought your package - it really accurate simulates vehicles.
    But I couldn't find a licence file. Could you explain what rights do I have ?
    yep i forgot to add it to the readme file.
    So here it is:

Package Licence

You can do whatever you want with this package except selling it.
    If possible, put a reference to UnityCar middleware in the about screen of your application (anyway this is not mandatory).
    You can find the official UnityCar logo in psd format under Assets/UnityCarLogo/, so you can easly change its dimensions and colors to adapt it to your application.
    UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle simulation on Unity3D. Official thread - Online demos

5. Posts
    Thank you for quick answer.

6. Location
    New Albany, Ohio
    Hi NewLife,

Very happy with the UnityCar package so far I am having a small problem that I can't figure out the solution to. When I drive a car down a steep hill in automatic transmission mode, the transmission stays in a low gear and will not automatically shift up. So it just screams down the hill in 2nd gear at 7000 rpm. Otherwise it shifts normally.

You can see an example of this in my game if you click on the "drive" button and then go down the big hill that you are immediately faced with:

http://moosemouse.com/big_time_racing.htm

Is there anything I can tweak to make it shift gears rather than screaming down the hill in 2nd gear at 7000 rpm?

Thanks,
    Shawn

7. Location
    Ontario, Canada
    If Unity car is purchased now, do you get the update for free?

8. Location
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by ddesmond View Post
    If Unity car is purchased now, do you get the update for free?
    Yep!

9. Posts
    I had a look on your website and it looks cheaper to buy UnityCar through your website via paypal (97€) as oppose to the Unity Asset Store (142.50€). If I buy it through paypal though will I still be able to get free upgrades like you do through the asset store, like when a new version of UnityCar comes out?

10. Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I'm stoked can't wait for UnityCar 2.0! This has been one of the best kits I have ever bought!

11. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamesh81 View Post
    I had a look on your website and it looks cheaper to buy UnityCar through your website via paypal (97€) as oppose to the Unity Asset Store (142.50€). If I buy it through paypal though will I still be able to get free upgrades like you do through the asset store, like when a new version of UnityCar comes out?
    Yes. Price difference is due not only to Unity commission, but also to the big Denmark VAT addition (25%), cause Unity is a Denmark company from the fiscal point of view.

12. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseMouse View Post
    Hi NewLife,

Very happy with the UnityCar package so far I am having a small problem that I can't figure out the solution to. When I drive a car down a steep hill in automatic transmission mode, the transmission stays in a low gear and will not automatically shift up. So it just screams down the hill in 2nd gear at 7000 rpm. Otherwise it shifts normally.

You can see an example of this in my game if you click on the "drive" button and then go down the big hill that you are immediately faced with:

http://moosemouse.com/big_time_racing.htm

Is there anything I can tweak to make it shift gears rather than screaming down the hill in 2nd gear at 7000 rpm?

Thanks,
    Shawn
    Hi Shawn,
    sorry for the late, Im busy for UnityCar 2.0 release.
    I tested your example, and I think i understood what is the problem. Technically speaking, automatic transmission algorithm checks if shift up RPM is reached and, if not already changing gear, shifts up to the next gear. In your case, when the car is on the steep hill, it accelerates even with no throttle cause of gravity force. So, when it comes the time to change gear (from first to second) automatic transmission changes gear but, when it releases the clutch, engine RPM is higher than shift up RPM (this is caused mainly by a too short second gear and a long shift time) so it believes that the process of changing gear is still not completed, and cant change gear again.
    To fix this problem you have to lengthen the second gear and secondly, decrease shift time.
    Let me know if this fix this issue.
    Last edited by NewLife; 05-10-2012 at 09:55 PM.

13. Posts
    Thanks for your reply. Sure I understand. What I'm wondering though, is if I were to purchase UnityCar 1.2 now via paypal, how would I upgrade to 2.0? Would I have to repurchase UnityCar 2.0 at the full price?

14. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamesh81 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Sure I understand. What I'm wondering though, is if I were to purchase UnityCar 1.2 now via paypal, how would I upgrade to 2.0? Would I have to repurchase UnityCar 2.0 at the full price?
    every customer will receive free upgrade

15. Posts
    Excellent. Thank you NewLife

16. Posts
    Hi New Life.

Love unityCar but am concerned with the performance on mobile devices when you have more than one car (say 3 cars). I profiled it in Unity and it seems the Wheels.FixedUpdate uses 77% and slows down to 5fps on iPhone 4. Any tips on improving this please

thanks
    Mobile Water - Animated Water in Unity Asset Store Now!
    Basketball Shot - IOS/Android and Mac
    Water Wars - IOS/Android and Mac

17. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsydney View Post
    Hi New Life.

Love unityCar but am concerned with the performance on mobile devices when you have more than one car (say 3 cars). I profiled it in Unity and it seems the Wheels.FixedUpdate uses 77% and slows down to 5fps on iPhone 4. Any tips on improving this please

thanks
    contact me on skype in order to receive a simple upgrade on 1.2 which can improve performance several times.
    Btw upcoming 2.0 will sport 5X performance improvements on mobile devices with the same simulation accuracy

18. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewLife View Post
    contact me on skype in order to receive a simple upgrade on 1.2 which can improve performance several times.
    Btw upcoming 2.0 will sport 5X performance improvements on mobile devices with the same simulation accuracy
    Thanks prob need this in about 2-3 weeks so if v2.0 isn't out will Skype you cheers
    Mobile Water - Animated Water in Unity Asset Store Now!
    Basketball Shot - IOS/Android and Mac
    Water Wars - IOS/Android and Mac

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsydney View Post
    Hi New Life.

thanks
    The most IMPORTANT tip to improve this is to remove all OnGUI calls from scripts. Due to a Unity3D issue, even an empty OnGUI call causes a huge slow down in mobile performance, not visible on PC or MAC

20. Posts
    I built a Car setup menu from scratch and Im trying to adjust the suspension and shock float variables with my own horizontal sliders instead of the ones you include with unity car 1.2...... but there seems to be a problem doing so.... i can see the floats changing and updating in the inspector when i move my sliders in the game at run time...but something from the default unity car script is stopping it from adjusting the actual car ride height. (ie; the car doesnt move but the floats are changing)
    if i check the "show Sliders" check box i can use your sliders.....just not mine.

Also...
    If i try to adjust a float variable that you dont have a "horizontal slider setup for" it works fine...... example (i can adjust the steering lock angle and the differential settings with my own sliders.

Is there a way to remove all of the "default" sliders and GUI stuff so i can just do everything myself? Like a "simplified version"?

And last ......where is the "R" key code located at?...... i would like to turn the car 90 degrees as well when it is "righted" but cannot find this "code" anywhere in the scripts.

Thanks..... i hope there is something easy that i am missing that is causing me not to be able to adjust these variables on my own with my own sliders and check boxes..... because i dont want to use the "default sliders"

Thanks

Kevin

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast