Unity Community

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 4 Enemies

1. Location
    Germany

AI 4 Enemies

Update1: AI 4 Enemies is available at the Asset Store now!

Today I've submitted my new asset to the Asset Store. It's created to give your NPC models artificial intelligence for creating close combat fighters and range weapons-user.

"AI 4 Enemies" supports animations, sounds, different damage modi like damage by calculation or by collision, obstacle avoidance, vertical height, combat fighter and range weapons-user, it includes a waypoint editor for complex patrol routes.

I coded it in C#, so I implemented some c# events which delivers informations for a better integration into games (for special effects, counters or what else).

A full demo scene is included in the package too. It demonstrates some functionalities:Play demo level.

More infos and tutorials you can find here: AI 4 Enemies

Last edited by Hummelwalker; 05-24-2011 at 01:20 AM.

2. Location
    Germany
    looks good and is very usefull.
    When i start working on my game again you have a customer.

Can not find it on assetstore right now. Whats the price ?

3. Location
    Germany
    Hi Phex,

that sounds great To your question: at present it's waiting for activation. I propose 85 US-Dollar. Considering the time I worked for it, I think the price is fair

Greetings
    HW

4. Location
    New Zealand
    Definitive posibilities there for my project...

5. Location
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummelwalker View Post
    Hi Phex,

that sounds great To your question: at present it's waiting for activation. I propose 85 US-Dollar. Considering the time I worked for it, I think the price is fair

Greetings
    HW
    Yes its fair, but i have to sell some dungeons first

6. Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    i dont see it on the asset store - were is it ?

7. Location
    Germany
    It have to be checked by the Asset Store Team. Hopefully it will be activated this day.

@Phex: Very nice dungeon set!
    Last edited by Hummelwalker; 05-24-2011 at 06:50 AM.

8. Location
    Germany
    AI 4 Enemies released today at the Asset Store!

9. Location
    Germany
    I've uploaded a video tutorial on my website for an introduction into using AI 4 Enemies. It don't explained all functionalities, but for an overview I think it's better than nothing .
    Maybe I make some videos more in future. So it would be great if you suggest points which I should explain

Greetings HW

10. Location
    Germany
    Will this work on uneven terain?
    I have some idears for future updates.

I send you a pm.

11. Location
    Germany
    Hi M_Stolley,

yes it works on uneven terrain, bevel surfaces and it supports stairs.

By the way, I answered your pm
    Last edited by Hummelwalker; 05-25-2011 at 03:34 AM.

12. Location
    Germany
    Added some tutorials to my documentation which you can find on my AI 4 Enemies site

13. Location
    Seattle
    The prefab looks interesting, but I noticed that it seems an NPC AI can only be a ranged AI or a melee AI. Is it possible for an NPC to be both? So for example, it's ranged AI for some distance, but if the gap is closed it converts to a Melee AI?

14. Location
    Germany
    You're right. At present you can decide which fight mode the AI has. It's planed to combine them in a future release.

15. Location
    Germany
    AI 4 Enemies got a small update. Among other things a script was added for demonstrating how to cause Calculation Damage to AI. This functionality was added to demo scene which you can play (see above), too.

16. Location
    Germany
    AI 4 Enemies got a new character model which is included in the demo scene. It demonstrates using calculation damage while shooting.

17. Posts
    The AI are foot skating, is it able to support locomotion setup?

18. Location
    Germany
    Hi imtrobin,

you can adjust the walking speed of AI to synchronize the animation and the moving for a better looking. But the AI doesn't supports locomotion at present.

19. Location
    San Diego, CA
    I bought this, I needed help..collisions, hit points, waypoints..all that stuff..
    I run all my enemies with locomotion.

I am still fine tuning...I believe without out a char controller and or motor,
    smooth movement changes are going to be really hard to achieve.
    as you can see from my attemp to use locomotion on a capsule collider w/ your controller..

merc_SciFiCity : 14Mbs | 6 enemys | no playmaker | no hits or dying

why not use it??? [a Character controller is WAY better than a collision capsule].
    the class exposes so much more data..am I going to have to re-write it myself??

and please put in list arrays for pretty much everything..Die/Hit sounds/death animations

I also scrapped ALL the animation garbage...and instead am using playmaker to get all that enemy ai stuff,
    the stuff I just am to lazy to write myself, into a state machine system, that is going to allow me so much more flexablility!!
    ie, normal locomotion group | crouching locomotion group | aiming locomotion group | firing locomotion group

also..maby a retreat??? in playmaker I will look for a tag "cover" go to it, hit it and start a crouch state, a run/walk backwards aim/fire state.
    say some stuff...set what they said and when they said it in a variable...so they do not say the same thing everytime...

Do you have playmaker and enemies 4 ai?? want my custom action?? GetAIConroller.cs??

it really opens the door!!

p-

20. Location
    Germany
    Hi ForceVFX,

at present AI 4 Enemies doesn't support locomotion (see comment above). For giving better support I send you a pm!

Greetings,
    Carsten

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast