Unity Community

Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1751

1. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    All the modifiers have Gizmo transform values so you can translate rotate and scale the effect, so you would need to code a little script to find the Gizmo Rot value which would be a Lookat from the collision point to the centre of the mesh and you would set that for the duration of the squash effect, you may also need to change the Gizmo position to the collision point as well.

Eventually I do want to add exporters for most packages, but each package takes a fair chunk of time as I have to learn the 3d package and then learn the SDK to get access to the data so it can be a 2 or 3 week process, so tricky to find the time, I have been investigating parsing FBX files but again that is a chunk of work. So answer is I hope to but not sure when. But off course if anyone knows any coders with knowledge of a package then I can give out a code snippet that shows the format for the mor files, it is a very simple format.

2. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Just wanted to say if you have 3ds max, you can always try and recreate the effect in there to check before you buy so to speak, if you can achieve the result you are looking for in a comparable modifier in Max then it will work in MegaFiers.

3. Posts
    thanks for the info Chris.

Yes I can do it in max no problem so should be able to do it with your system aswell as it looks like its based on max's system.
    Thanks for the help.

From the looks of it you only need to add a modeling system to your package list and we probably wouldn't need an external package at all...

4. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    In my own version of the Unity NinjaCamp (just me) I added a new modifier to the MegaFiers suite, this one is a Curve Sculpt modifier which gives a lot of control to the artist. This video is a first look at the WIP modifier that will be in the next update of MegaFiers, this allows you to sculpt the entire mesh or regions of it with curves, this allows for complete control over the deformation and an easy way to deform just parts of a mesh. This would be the ideal base for say an Avatar customizing system or vehicle upgrades such as flared arches or bonnet bulges. The system works of a layer based approach and each layer can be disabled and also its contribution to the end result can be weighted so allowing even finer control over customizing a mesh in a game.
    Last edited by SpookyCat; 03-01-2013 at 12:20 PM.

5. Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply SpookyCat

Were you saying that Mesh Copy, Copy Object and Copy Hier woudl fix my problem? If so how? Should I include the mesh in the prefab somewhere else and copy the mesh for the morph to work on it? Can you elaborate on these methods?

The steps I described are pretty straight forward I hope it'll do the same thing for you. The mesh on which the moprh is applied isn't lost, just, unassigned I guess.

For my app, it's pretty important that the morph is maintenained in a prefab somehow, because eventually they'll be in Asset bundles, do you know if that's supported? Have you tried it?

Thanks a bunch

6. Posts
    Yay more new stuff for the asset that keeps on giving. That looks a very useful modifier, though I am looking forward to the collision deform one.

7. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    @Evil Dog - I hope to have a page on the web site explaining this very soon, I am also working on a rewrite of some of the core to try and do a work around for the whole prefab and mesh instances issues to make the problem just go away, so I will keep you posted on this.

Super busy getting MegaShapes ready for release as well at the moment. I also hope to get a little update released with the Curve Sculpt beta modifier in for people to try.

8. Posts
    Ok cool, thanks for your hard work.

9. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Version 1.97 in the Asset Store now. This release sees the inclusion of the new Curve Sculpt modifier which gives an amazing amount of control over a deformation, it makes use of layers so allowing many different curves to be applied in different ways, and allows each layer to be used on the whole mesh or confined to a user defined region. The shape system has seen a little work as a result of the work being done on MegaShapes, both systems will share a common shapes core so as more work is done on MegaShapes the MegaFiers shape system will see some of the benefits for free.

I have also added a WIP script to allow FFD lattice points to be animated via the Unity Animation system. To use add the FFD Animate script to an object with a FFD modifier on it, and when you are wanting to setup an animation make sure the 'Record' box is checked, and then un check it when you are finished recording. The one issue with the system is Unity seems very very slow recording for objects with a lot of exposed params, playback is no problem though.

Changes in v1.97:

• Add support for FFD lattices to be animated via the Unity Animation system

• Curve Sculpt modifier now has layers of curves

• Curve Sculpt modifier can now be limited to regions of a mesh

• Can add and delete curves to a shape

• Shape editor allows you to select the curve to edit

• Improvements to Shape editing and inspector

10. Location
    Canada
    Is there a way to make the Morph Animator sliders extend beyond 0-100? The Mega Morph script supports ranges beyond 0-100, but I haven't found a way to make the Morph Animator extend beyond that.

11. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Sorry about that, I will get that fixed today.

12. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Ok I have updated the Morph Anim script to use the min and max values of the channel its animating, it will be in the next update, if you need it sooner pm or email

13. Location
    Canada
    It's not urgent... if you're planning to update within the next two weeks, I can wait. Thanks for the quick response!

14. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    The next update should be sometime this week, hopefully coinciding with the beta release of MegaShapes.

15. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Just submitted version 1.98 to the asset store.

Change in v1.98:

• Made sliders in Morph Animate script match the min max limits of the channel they control

• Added Copy Object and Copy Hierarchy button to the Inspector to allow creation of new objects that will modify interdependently

• FFD Gizmos now respect the Modify Object Draw Gizmo value

• Copying FFD components now works correctly.

16. Posts
    Hi Chris,

Just purchased Mega-Fiers and tried to import into a new scene. I'm getting the following namespace errors:

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaDisplaceWebCam.cs(9,16):
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name `WebCamTexture' could not be found.

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaModifierEditor.cs(5,2): error CS0246:
    The type or namespace name `CanEditMultipleObjects' could not be found.

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaModifierEditor.cs(5,2): error CS0246:
    The type or namespace name `CanEditMultipleObjectsAttribute' could not be
    found.

Is there any work around for these errors? We are running unity 3.1 and due to government policies we cannot update to the current version right now. Any help is much appreciated, Thanks!

17. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Hi There
    I did send you an email about this, guess it didnt get through the security. For 3.1 you should be able to delete the source files that use the webcam so the MegaDisplaceWebCam and the MegaDisplaceWebCamEditor cs files. And just delete the CanEditMultipleObjectsAttribute where ever it shows up and you should be good to go.

18. Location
    Spain
    With the last updates I I get, between others, this error:

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaFiersWindow.cs(279,135): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `ModBut.ModBut(string, string, System.Type, UnityEngine.Color)' has some invalid arguments
    Last edited by angel_m; 06-06-2012 at 09:24 AM.

19. Posts
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick reply. I didn't get the email, probably because I used my government email. I applied the suggested fixes, and I am getting similar errors to those that angel_m mentioned above me.

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaDisplaceEditor.cs(16,54): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.ObjectField(string, UnityEngine.Object, System.Type, params UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])' has some invalid arguments

I tried commenting some of these lines of code out, and gives me many more CS1502 errors. Please help! Thanks

20. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Very odd not getting any errors here for that, have you got the file WalkRope.cs. When you say 'between others' what others would they be?

Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast