Unity Community

Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    @24pfilms - That is a nice character and it works really well with the wave and I hope you show more, that is the thing I find with MegaFiers the more I use it and the more I play with the options the more I find it can do and the more ideas I get of things I can do with it. I would encourage SpookyCat to do some more videos one per modifier to really show off what each param can do to really show the power of the system as even with the videos that are out there they hardly scratch the surface of what it can do.

There are some great assets on the store doing some amazing things but MegaFiers is by far, IMHO, the most fun, easy to use and most impressive instant results for no coding asset in the store.
    Last edited by MikeUpchat; 03-16-2012 at 04:16 AM.

2. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    I am planning a series of videos, hoping the first one will b eup next week.

3. Posts
    Sorry for the hijacking, any news on the tire deformation system and MegaCar package?

4. Location
    Sintra, Portugal
    Here is another character test with some Megafier love.

Sorry it is so subtle. Will do some crazy transforms soon. Character does blink, I just haven't applied it yet.

http://www.pixelbuz.com/web_3/web_3.html

5. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    @Slipangle - MegaCar is still under development as it is something we are using in our game as well, lots of nice features going in but I cant really say when it will be ready for release as I have two other systems to get out before and still need to work on our game.

@24pfilms - That is quite lovely, he really is a cute little fella it really is motivational to see the system in use so thank you for that. Looking forward to seeing where you go with it all

6. Posts
    Hi Chris

We're looking to integrate a "lip sync" feature for the avatars. Our avatars don't use mouth bone rigging, so it's impossible to use bone animation. So our option would be using morph. The lip sync would NOT be highly detail, i probably only will create each vowel sound mouth morph.
    I've found ispeech and voice o matic that would do the "auto" lip sync.
    I'm assuming that this software will automaticly animate/ play those vowel sound morphs channel base on the recorded conversation/audio.
    Which one would be more compatible with megafiers?

Thank you for your help

7. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    That is a good question, in theory both should be good, the chaps at iSpeech were integrating MegaFiers into their system for Unity but they have been very quiet recently so not sure how far along they are with that you can probably pm them, they discussed it in this thread http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/103...l=1#post680630
    As for Voice O Matic that should work fine as it is a max based system, and with MegaFiers supporting Morph O Matic as well as regular morphs and animations you should have no problem with that system either especially with the Morph Animator clip system to allow for easy playing back of sections of animations ie vowels http://www.west-racing.com/mf/?page_id=1108

@24pfilms : I like the character and the movement is great !!!
    I suppose you don't need my tutorials anymore !!!
    Simply try the various effects of the Megafiers and see... As I did... and you did here (with a lot of success !) !!!

6R

9. Location
    Sintra, Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by p6r View Post
    @24pfilms : I like the character and the movement is great !!!
    I suppose you don't need my tutorials anymore !!!
    Simply try the various effects of the Megafiers and see... As I did... and you did here (with a lot of success !) !!!

6R
    My exploration has come from your great work p6r. I am now onto figuring out morph animation.

T

10. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Forgot to add the video of the Mesh building options included in MegaFiers. Clicking the image takes you to my Blog Page

11. Posts
    i'm curious whether its possible to change/edit existing meshes/objects with megashapes ?

12. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Not with MegaShapes no it is purely a make meshes from splines system, you can though use the Path Deform modifier if you want to deform a mesh along a spline.

13. Location
    Boston, Ma
    hey man...I've been looking for a Morph based system for my project, but it is not really easy to do with bones... Would there be a way to make this work with XSI? All I would have to do is export my FBX with the morph targets in them, and it would be a snap. Would megafiers be able to detect the morphs appropriately...? I just have a few morphs per character...

Thanks a bunch

14. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Hi There
    I currently don't have an exporter for SoftImage, though I have had a couple of requests, so you need to export the morph targets to OBJ files and then load those as shown in the video below. Other users have exported via FBX to blender, max or maya and then used the MegaFiers exporter to make life a little easier until I can find the time to do exporters for the 3d packages that I have missed so far. But if you only have a few targets then the OBJ method isn't too much extra work. More info on using OBJs and the morph system in general can be found on the website at http://www.west-racing.com/mf/?page_id=257
    Chris
    Last edited by SpookyCat; 03-01-2013 at 12:15 PM.

15. Location
    Boston, Ma
    So I would have to export the entire body mesh with the morph applied... sounds good to me... I only have morphs for grimace, eyes, and pain

16. Posts
    Any date for the fantastic Mega-Fiers?

17. Posts
    @aigam - Its been in the Asset Store for quite a while

@Neptune)Imaging - You export the base mesh as normal and import into unity and then you just need to export the morph targets to OBJ files and import them via the Morph Inspector, you also need a mapping file which is just an OBJ version of the FBX.

18. Posts
    Sorry! I mean the new MegaShapes ^^UUUU

19. Posts
    somehow there are no options show up for the new megafiers window
    http://www.west-racing.com/mf/wp-con...megawindow.jpg
    I am only able to open the mega-shapes window but cant find the megafiers one :/
    any ideas? got 1.83 installed

20. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    The MegaFiers window is opened by clicking the MegaFiers option in the 'Components' menu. Is that option not there for you?

Aigam, I am busy doing a code tidy on MegaShapes then I need to do some example videos which needs Tony (my brother and Artist) to create a few objects for, then build the demo scene and do the website docs, so could be a week if everything goes smoothly.

Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast