Unity Community

Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
  1. Super Moderator
    Hiya,

As a mobile developer, I'm interested in mobile performance. Hows mega-fiers looking on that platform? Sorry if it was answered in the last 39 pages but my head's hurting at the moment
    Currently working with Sony on our new
    PS4 and Vita game in Unity!

This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd

2. Posts
    In regards to my earlier droning on about better system to manage megafied meshes, and morph between different megafied meshes. For now I decided to use the ObjExporter script thats available at http://www.unifycommunity.com/wiki/i...le=ObjExporter to achieve this stuff, will report back on how I get on.

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckT View Post
    An alternate download location would be greatly appreciated- I'm kinda dead in the water with 3.5
    Which 3.5 issue is spoiling your fun? If you are still stuck then maybe someone else can give you a manual fix for the problem.

4. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    @GennadiyKorol - Did you get it working, I pm you saying you could email me the file but didnt hear anything?

@Hippocoder - Sorry I missed your post. MegaFiers is being used on a fair few mobile titles and the reports I have are that its working very well, the last test I did on a not current gen Android phone with a 4500 vertex mesh and a complex bend modifier showed it was taking 28ms to process, and a 1000 vertex mesh was taking 7ms expect a lot faster than that on current devices, also you can turn on multi threading if your devices support it. Plus most people seem to be using the Morph or point cache systems on mobile devices and they are a lot faster than bends so I would be surprised if in normal use or say facial morphs you see any real decrease in performance.
    Last edited by SpookyCat; 02-27-2012 at 10:14 AM.

5. Posts
    SpookyCat:

Still haven't gotten it to work.
    I will try to perform stupid simple tests to see if maybe some of the unit conversion or axis conversion settings make that difference, since the tool is based on point positions.
    If not, I will create a version of an asset that I could replicate the problem with and send for an investigation.

Thanks!
    Gennadiy
    Lead Programmer @ Moon Game Studios

6. Posts

Import Morph File - Mapping failed

I recently upgraded to Unity 3.5.0f5 and am running Mega-Fiers 1.83 and have recently got the "Mapping failed" error on an attempt to import the morph file after it was working in an earlier version of Unity. The console shows the following stacktrace -- does this require a Mega-Fiers update or is this due to a problem with a changed asset?

Error Loading chunk id StartPoints
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    MegaParse:Parse(BinaryReader, ParseBinCallbackType) (at Assets/Mega-Fiers/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaParseEditor.cs:240)
    MegaMorphEditor:LoadMorph(BinaryReader) (at Assets/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaMorphEditor.cs:1004)
    MegaMorphEditor:MorphCallback(String, BinaryReader) (at Assets/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaMorphEditor.cs:956)
    MegaMorphEditor:ParseFile(String, ParseClassCallbackType) (at Assets/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaMorphEditor.cs:917)
    MegaMorphEditor:LoadMorph() (at Assets/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaMorphEditor.cs:975)
    MegaMorphEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Editor/MegaFiers/MegaMorphEditor.cs:667)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Thanks!

7. Location
    Spain
    I have applied the taper modifier on a textured cube, (Unity primitive) to make a frustum like figure, and the texture tiles on the sides (the ones affected by the modifier) appear not stretched (like expected) but rotated.(???)
    I donīt know the reason because I think the taper modifier does not rotate the polygons,faces or vertex on the mesh.
    You can make an easy test to check this.
    Last edited by angel_m; 02-28-2012 at 03:31 AM.

8. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    @PutOption - There should be no reason why the upgrade to 3.5 would cause a problem, I would suspect the asset must have changed in someway ie a pivot has moved of the first frame nolonger matches the fbx base mesh, if you want me to check it out then let me know.

@angel_m - Interesting, as you say the modifier only changes vertex positions, I just added a taper to the basic cube with a texture and I am seeing expected behavior, ie stretching textures (though the cube is not ideal as you ideally need a few more vertices to get a nicer result with textures, try the PageMesh) instead of rotating textures. Could you post a pic of the issue, and could you try it with a cube made from the pagemesh with a few more vertices in to see if that gives a different result.
    Last edited by SpookyCat; 02-28-2012 at 04:51 AM.

9. Location
    Chicago, IL
    @SpookyCat - I'm interested in using your Morph modifier to create a character customization system for a game I'm developing. I remember a while back that you talked about wanting to use Mega-fiers for your own. Did you ever work on that and have an example video? What are your thoughts on how to re-size clothing based on the underlying mesh using your system? Thanks!

10. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Hi Adam
    I have yet to get around to starting on our Avatar system due to support for MegaFiers and working on the new systems. The resizing of clothes etc is something I hope to get around to with a modifier that maps one mesh to another so changes in one will be reflected in the other. But until that time the best way to work it with the current systems is via morphs, use the systems in Max/Maya that deal with resizing and save out the morphs for each item and then when setting the base morph channel percents set the corresponding values in the attached objects. By the way I did reply to your email.
    Chris

11. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Hopefully new version will be in the store soon, new Asset Store tools dont crash but dont seem to allow me to submit anything either but hopefully will be fixed soon.

12. Posts
    Not sure if this also applies to versions prior to 3.5 of Unity or not, but If I turn a MegaShape which generates a mesh into a prefab, the Mesh Filter of the prefab gets set to none. When trying to use the resulting prefab, can fix the issue by either unticking and reticking Make Mesh, or selecting the menu option 'Reset Mesh Info' but wasn't sure if there was a better way to handle this stuff.
    Hi! I'm dealing with similar issue. When I make prefab for megafiers-influenced mesh, mesh filter sets to 'none'. Any workaround for this for Unity3.5? I'm on Mf 1.83

13. Posts
    SpookyCat -- thanks for the help on the import issue. I've got another question related to coordinating the morphs. I have a set of 5 morphs that are paired with 5 animations. The MegaModifyObject script is attached to a game object with a SkinnedMeshRenderer along with 5 copies of the MegaMorph - 1 per morph. When an animation is triggered, the proper morph is ModEnabled (and the others disabled), the channel percentages are zeroed out, and the Animation option is turned on. This works fairly well except when the animation is stopped, the morph might be stopped at any percentage setting leaving the mesh deformed rather than at its unmodified state. Attempting to reset the channel percentages to zero doesn't seem to help. So, is there a clean way to shut off the morph so that the mesh is returned to its original state?

14. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    @PutOption - You should be able to get that to work by settignn the animate flag on the morph to false and then using either of the SetPercent methods to either instantly reset the channels or to move to a reset over time, you wont be able to disable that morph until the channels are reset though. You shouldnt need to disable the morphs if the all the percents are at zero as the system will skip those morphs if it sees nothing is being added to the deformation. I can look at adding some extra methods to ease all channels to zero over a set time and then disable the mod, but with the current state of the asset store not sure when I will be able to make that available, still waiting for them to fix the bugs that stop the latest version appearing on the store.

@RyuMaster - The prefab and instance stuff is going to be redone in upcoming releases to make use of the hopefully properly working and fixed prefab system in 3.5. Others currently deal with prefabs and instances by scripting the addition of the modifiers to instantiated meshes, its not ideal but it works, I hope to get it working nicely one way of another in the near future. The system was originally designed to only be used at runtime and it was Unity that asked if I could make it work in editor mode but altering with meshes in editor mode and having it all work with prefabs and instances didn't work well prior to 3.5 so fingers crossed it works better now.

Submit a bug:unity3d v3.5 f5&megaFiers v1.83

Draw Knots and Draw Handles only if position is zero, is the correct one.

Figure
    Attached Images   

16. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    @yty - Thank you for that but this has been fixed as can be seen futher up this thread, it was due to working around a bug in earlier versions of Unity that they fixed in 3.5. There would have been a updated version available on Feb 14th but unfortunately the new Asset Store tools have a few bugs in them that stops me from submitting the new version to the store so I am kinda in Unitys hands as to when the latest version will be available.

17. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Still no luck with getting the latest version into the store, Unity chaps are beavering away with new versions but none of them are working Hopefully they will crack the problem before the weekend.

18. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Version 1.84 finally in the Asset Store

19. Location
    Spain
    Updated to 1.84 and I get this error:

Assets/Mega-Fiers/Scripts/MegaFiers/Modifiers/MegaPointCacheAnimator.cs(124,37): error CS1061: Type `MegaPointCache' does not contain a definition for `SetAnim' and no extension method `SetAnim' of type `MegaPointCache' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

20. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Mmm that is very odd as my MegaPointCache.cs file shows the SetAnim method at line 360 so looks like something went wrong with the import and you only got the new files for some reason. Try a redownload and a reimport.

Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast