Unity Community

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    This is an amazing tool! Well worth the purchase and looks like it's going to keep getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyCat View Post
    I will be adding the option to update collider meshes after I get the morphing in. Lots more improvements to come as well over the next few releases.
    Looking forward to this coming!

2. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Hi There
    Just finishing up adding morphing into the mix. I have put a video up so you can see a brief run through of the workflow. I have gone with the suggestion of using .obj files to handle the vertex mapping and targets/shapekeys and channels. So currently the system can support any number of morph channels and each channel can have any number of targets/shapekeys to define the morph. The morphing is done via a bezier system to give a much smoother look to the end results but if that isnt desired the amount of 'tension' can be increased or reduced to suit your needs.

Also the morphing is performed with the original data from the 3d software iinstead of with the Unity mesh which saves a lot of overhead, in the example in the video the Unity mesh has 1056 vertices but the morph uses the original 666 vertices. All the targets, channels and vertex mapping is handled via .obj files which any 3d software can export so the system can be used by anyone. Hope to have this uploaded to the asset store tonight.
    Chris

Last edited by SpookyCat; 03-01-2013 at 12:03 PM.

3. Posts
    AWESOME!!!!! When is the Morphing planned to be added to the Asset Store version? Cant wait to test this out, see how it benchmarks on iOS devices. Thank you for such a powerful new additions to an already great tool. Your attention to optimization is MUCH appreciated.
    all your neutron are belong to neutrinoless-double-beta-decay....
    psimek.com

4. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    New version (1.17) submitted to the store. Let me know if you have trouble with the morph system at all, I hope it is fairly easy to use and understand. Many things to look out for when exporting to the obj files is that everything is positioned at 0,0,0, and also that you get the scaling to match the value unity used when it imported the original mesh you are wanting to morph. Iam trying to catch the scaling issue for future versions.
    Chris

Note: Make sure you get v1.17 and not 1.16, there was a bug on the optimized morph path for a single target morph channel.

Changes:

• Added morph modifier.

• Added a PivotAdjust modifier, allows you to reposition the pivot, and or rotate/scale the mesh to get a new starting mesh.

• Added gizmos to show gizmo offset and position details.

• Changing a warp source on a WarpBind modifier now works properly.

• Tidied up the UVAdjust mod, uses gizmo values and Offset now instead of duplicating params.

• Added gizmo display for UVAdjust
    Last edited by SpookyCat; 05-31-2011 at 04:10 AM.

Hi,

THIS is a great job.
    Have you considered an export of realflow (Http://www.realflow.com/) or RayFire ( http://rayfirestudios.com/ ) ?

JP
    Last edited by ZJP; 05-31-2011 at 08:10 AM.

6. Posts
    I am very glad to have purchased such a great tool. your work on refining and polishing it is great, thank you!! cant wait to test 1.17. And thank you for going with the OBJ format, for the morph system, now those of us that use different tools in our pipelines can use the system thanks to the "universal" OBJ format.
    psimek.com

7. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Thank you ZJP. Funny you should mention realflow as I have done a system for our particle stuff that uses fumefx but I think that would all end up in a seperate package, I do plan on converting our primitive system fully to Unity as a new extension soon so who knows what will end up in there, I was even half way through our own DMM system

And thanks zhx, the obj format works quite well, would have been nicer if it kept local vertex positions but Ill tidy that side up and make it even easier to use in future versions. I see the new version is up yep, guess the Unity folk have their hands full with E3 and pending 3.4 release, hopefully it will work it's way through the system today, and I very much look forward to seeing a pic or two or any results you get from it.
    Chris
    Last edited by SpookyCat; 06-01-2011 at 01:27 AM.

8. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Took a little time to filter through but version 1.17 with morphing is in the Asset store now. Look forward to seeing a shot or two and or feature requests
    Chris

9. Posts
    nice 1.17 testing time
    thanks for yet another great update !!!
    cannot wait to test out the morph system
    psimek.com

10. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Couple of new version submitted to the store up to 1.19 now. There was a bug in the obj parser for some obj files, ie ones where the group name was saved before the vertex info. Anyway fixed now. Other changes are:

• Shows memory usage for morph

• Added common modifier params to morph gui

• Loading targets to an empty channel will set the channel name to the file name of the targets

• Error boxes shown for mapping or target import issues.

• Added limits to a morph channel so you can use only part of a morph or reverse a morph etc.

11. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Yet another update( 1.20). Seems not all Obj files are created alike, so I have added a couple more import setting params the morph gui to allow you to flipzy axis and or negate x axis. This should cover most cases of being able to massage any obj file into the equivalent unity format. For example if exporting from 3ds you may need to set the flipzy box. I will try to get auto detection of such things in a future version.
    Chris

12. Posts
    man, you're on fire with these updates!!! Thank you VERY much for your dedication to polishing this already great tool!!! One of the best purchases a team with "vertex animation in mind" can make IMO!!! Get it now on the Asset Store if you already havent
    psimek.com

13. Location
    Pennsylvania
    Bought this last night, awesome tool spookycat. p6r's thread sold me on it as well

One question though; whenever I try to use FFD in-editor, I can move the handles around, but it doesn't actually deform anything. Am I missing something?

14. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Hi Legend411
    Thank you for the purchase, I hope it lives up to your expectations and I really look forward to seeing any results you get from the system.

Arr yes that is in interesting problem, for now you can make it work by right clicking the Modify Object script bar and click 'Reset' or even 'Reset Mesh Info', that kicks it into life. I suspect I have an issue with Awake not being called right on derived classes or something. I will get onto fixing it. Thanks for finding that.
    Chris

Edit: A Reset wasn't being called on the FFD modifiers so they weren't being added to the internal stack. Fixed now, version 1.22 submitted to the store.
    Last edited by SpookyCat; 06-03-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Hey guys, Look here (more at the bottom of the page) : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/901...odel-!!!/page2 !!!
    Especially people who my work interesting enough to buy this great plugin...

6R

16. Location
    The MacSpeedee Workshops
    Just got a new version ready to go. The importing of morph files should now work no matter if the scaling doesnt match the unity imported version of the mesh and if the up axis is different or handiness of the mesh is different, the system will attempt to find the correct settings automatically, which should make life a lot nicer. Also fixed the slow loading of obj files. Will be putting the new version up tonight.
    Chris

17. Posts
    nice and VERY welcome fix, thanks SpookyCat
    psimek.com

18. Posts
    Hi,
    Awesome work!
    I'll start some testing next week.
    I have a question for you, as it looks like you have a very good knoledge of bot max and Unity.
    I'm the creator of talking carl and a few other talking guys and I would love to be able to replicate in Unity the way I animate in 3DSMax but that would demand the existence of a TurboSmooth modifier in Unity. Do you think it's doable ?
    My object stack in Max is this Mesh>Morph>Bones>Meshsmooth. That allows me to have super duper smooth deformation that I can't have with highpoly mesh.
    Anyway I'll try it and will share with you the result soon but if you could enhance Unity with a turbosmooth of some sort, it would be awesome!
    Thanks in advance,
    yann.
    www.talkingcarl.com
    Name:  All Guys and Carla Mail.jpg
Views: 1735
Size:  114.8 KB

@ yannalaplage : WOW ! Very nice characters !!!
    Your question is interesting... Wait and see...

You can see some of my other morphs here : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/901...215#post596215

6R

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast