Russian Federation
    Quote Originally Posted by p6r View Post
    Perfect !!! Thanks...

My design RageBike :

6R
    wow awesome!!

2. Posts

I can't buy it....

It is a great extension, but I get a "Please wait" message instead of buy or download.
    What can I do?

3. Posts
    I am in dire need of some scripting references. I need to know how I can pull specific points of shapes back, kinda like rageCube. I can't find anything what so ever online. Any example code or any form of a library would be much appreciated.

4. Unity Developer

Quote Originally Posted by thomasnat1 View Post
    I am in dire need of some scripting references. I need to know how I can pull specific points of shapes back, kinda like rageCube. I can't find anything what so ever online. Any example code or any form of a library would be much appreciated.
    Things at that department are lacking and I'm very sorry about that. Here is a link to the .plan -file explaining the current situation and my future plans for RageSpline that are going to improve your situation: http://juhakiili.com/ragespline/plan/

In the meanwhile you can study something I posted to the forums before the launch of the tool: link

I know it's not much, but Like I describe in the .plan file, I'm working hard to fix this.
    Last edited by keely; 05-01-2011 at 09:19 PM.

5. Unity Developer

Quote Originally Posted by zsogaby View Post
    It is a great extension, but I get a "Please wait" message instead of buy or download.
    What can I do?
    It's not a RageSpline related problem. Have you tried to contact the Asset Store support?

Thanks WebWolfRussian and keely...
    I wanted so light as possible graphics but it's my big problem : I add details and details and details !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And I have thought about this : light forms instead of shapes or from the shapes !!!

@zsogaby : Don't worry about this. Simply click on the home icon and go back to the asset store page of RageSpline. It should work with the download button !?!

6R

7. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keely View Post
    Things at that department are lacking and I'm very sorry about that. Here is a link to the .plan -file explaining the current situation and my future plans for RageSpline that are going to improve your situation: http://juhakiili.com/ragespline/plan/

In the meanwhile you can study something I posted to the forums before the launch of the tool: link

I know it's not much, but Like I describe in the .plan file, I'm working hard to fix this.
    I really appreciate you attention and help in this matter. I recognize that you have been amazingly helpful on all these forum questions and I am really amazed by that.

I saw your great game of rageCube and it seems that it does much of what I need. I obviously wouldn't ask you to release any of your game to the public but if you could tell me the tiny bit of code that you use to drag one of vertexes right before having it jump up.

your help is really appreciated.

8. Posts
    @thomasnat1,

- just grab the specific vert you are looking for from the Mesh: mesh.vertices and store it's original location
    - modify the vert as the users finger slides around being sure to reset it after each positional adjustment (or if you want to get a bit fancier modify some surrounding verts as well to get things looking exactly the way you want it to)
    - animate it back to it's original location

9. Location
    Louisville, KY (US)
    I typed up a much longer post that I then lost, so I'm not going to do that again. Here's the short version...

I saw RageSpline and was inspired to write a 2D game that I am now thinking of redesigning away from RageSpline 2D because a.) I'm very new to 2D development in Unity, and b.) because the only 2D I've done in Unity was done with the Z axis mapping to [ --> ], so most of the Unity built-in methods for physics (e.g. add force) or just basic 3D (e.g. look at) worked very easily out of the box.

With RageSpline remapping the 3D space to X axis being [ <-- ] things are getting very confusing for my wee tiny brain, and I'm wondering if there is some way that I can make RageSpline work with that modified axis mapping that's more friendly, or is there a way that I can remap the objects after they're drawn to accommodate the other layout?

Thanks much in advance for any and all help on this.
    - Lance @ Nekoyoubi Games (nekoyoubi.com)

10. Unity Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Nekoyoubi View Post
    IX axis being [ <-- ] things are getting very confusing for my wee tiny brain, and I'm wondering if there is some way that I can make RageSpline work with that modified axis mapping that's more friendly, or is there a way that I can remap the objects after they're drawn to accommodate the other layout?

Thanks much in advance for any and all help on this.
    It's funny how just 15 minutes ago I was talking to my friend John at Facebook, who will be doing the instructional videos. He was getting familiar with the RageSpline for the first time and there were some weird problems.

All of a sudden I realized that I have been always using the "back"-view in editor. When you use the "back" as your view, you get what I consider normal math: X is groving to right, Y is groving to up and Z is growing away from the camera.

You can select back-view if you right-click the xyz-axis-thingie in the top-right corner of your scene view and select "back". I also recommend unchecking the "perspective" in the same menu, but it's not mandatory.

cliffnotes to everyone: ALWAYS USE BACK-VIEW!

11. Location
    Louisville, KY (US)
    I too, am using the Back view, as that seems to be the only one I get the RageSpline controls in. This is where my question stems from. How can I undo this? How can I make Z become [ --> ], as that simplifies many of Unity's built-in functions?

Well, let me clarify. I don't care whether I need to draw them in Back view or not. If I need to realign them somehow, I'm fine with that too.
    Last edited by Nekoyoubi; 05-02-2011 at 02:13 PM.

12. Posts
    @Nekoyoubi, why does having Z be (-->) make things easier? I don't get that. Seems to me @keely's choice of X (-->) and Y (up) is the standard when it comes to 2d. I just don't see what about having Z (-->) makes things easier...

13. Location
    Louisville, KY (US)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime31 View Post
    @Nekoyoubi, why does having Z be (-->) make things easier? I don't get that. Seems to me @keely's choice of X (-->) and Y (up) is the standard when it comes to 2d. I just don't see what about having Z (-->) makes things easier...
    Thanks for responding, Prime31. I'm sure that's probably very logical, but because of things like Vector3.forward (for looking at the mouse, applying force, etc) Unity seems to be a bit more geared toward Z being forward.

Again, I understand that that's the directions he made things and that he had reasons for doing it. I'm not even saying that my way is correct, better, more accepted, or whatever. I'm just wondering if there's a way that I can remap an object to be able to put Z as my 2D-forward.

Thanks again.

14. Posts
    @Nekoyoubi, if that is all you are looking for than why not just make an Extension to Vector3? You can map whatever you want onto the existing Vector3 class. If you don't know what Extension methods are check out this simple tutorial video I made:

15. Location
    Louisville, KY (US)
    Assuming you're referring to standard extension methods in C#, yeah, I know those pretty well. Game development is only in my off-time, the rest of the time I'm a C# developer in much more boring avenues. I just don't know what the extension you're referring to would be. The methods are already there and mapped to the Z I'm asking about. Are you suggesting that I rewrite every method to remap the axis? ;/

16. Posts
    @Nekoyoubi, I'm not suggesting you rewrite every method, that wouldn't help. Just the ones that make sense for you specifically. I personally have no problem at all using the axis as they are (Y up and X right) but it seems to be an issue for you. Making a few extensions that make your life easier is what I am suggesting.

17. Location
    Louisville, KY (US)
    So I guess, based on the previous answer from keely (that didn't actually speak to my issue), and based on your suggestion to rewrite Unity methods, that's a "no" then to my initial question of whether or not there is a way I can remap the drawn objects?

So far all I've gotten is "use Back view" (I already do), and "write methods to replace all of the methods that give you problems" (but that was not my question, and realistically seems like a larger hammer than I'm willing to use to fit this square peg into its round hole).

I was just hoping to get something out of this purchase is all, but I can't use it like this. Thanks for your time, though.

18. Unity Developer

Quote Originally Posted by thomasnat1 View Post
    I really appreciate you attention and help in this matter. I recognize that you have been amazingly helpful on all these forum questions and I am really amazed by that.
    I saw your great game of rageCube and it seems that it does much of what I need. I obviously wouldn't ask you to release any of your game to the public but if you could tell me the tiny bit of code that you use to drag one of vertexes right before having it jump up.
    your help is really appreciated.
    I'm not that afraid of ppl copying my RageCube, but it's more because the code in that project just sort of sucks as an example. Also I'm hopefully going to make the code access make a little more sense in the future and this code example right here might be deprecated.

I can give you some pointers, but a meaningful working example has to wait. That's just how it's going to be for now.

RageSpline object can be retrieved from a gameObject like this:
    Code:  
    1. RageSpline rageSpline = gameObject.GetComponent(typeof(RageSpline)) as RageSpline;

Every RageSpline object has a variable "spline":
    Code:  
    1. public RageCurve spline;

RageCurve-class has an array variable "points"
    Code:  
    1. public RageSplinePoint[] points;

RageSplinePoint-class has these variables:
    Code:  
    1. public Vector3 point, inCtrl, outCtrl;

So at the moment you could do things like:
    Code:  
    1. RageSpline rageSpline = gameObject.GetComponent(typeof(RageSpline)) as RageSpline;
    2. foreach (RageSplinePoint rageVertex in rageSpline.points)
    3. {
    4.     rageVertex.point += new Vector3(Random.Range(-1f,1f), Random.Range(-1f,1f), 0f);
    5. }
    6. rageSpline.RefreshMesh();

The above code should randomly move every control point slightly in X and Y axis and then refresh the current mesh. I wrote this from the top of my head and did not check if it actually works or even builds. Tell me if it doesn't and I'll fix it.

19. Unity Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Nekoyoubi View Post
    I
    I saw RageSpline and was inspired to write a 2D game that I am now thinking of redesigning away from RageSpline 2D because a.) I'm very new to 2D development in Unity, and b.) because the only 2D I've done in Unity was done with the Z axis mapping to [ --> ], so most of the Unity built-in methods for physics (e.g. add force) or just basic 3D (e.g. look at) worked very easily out of the box.
    I can surely relate why you chose the axis in the way you did. As far as I know, this is one of those things that will never be "solved". Some people like to do this and some people that.

I had to choose which 2D axis-paradigm I supported and chose the one I have been using earlier. Unfortunately, for me to support every possible paradigm out there, I'd had to complicate things in the code. I chose the simpler way and decided to just support my own paradigm.

I'm sorry that this is not mentioned anywhere. Surely will be mentioned in the documentation in the future.

If this makes RageSpline totally unusable to you, I think you have to ask for a refund. If there is problems with you're refund, you can try to refer to this post.

20. Location
    Louisville, KY (US)
    Unfortunately, for me to support every possible paradigm out there, I'd had to complicate things in the code. I chose the simpler way and decided to just support my own paradigm.
    I don't understand why no one can seem to gather that I'm not expecting this. I don't care if RageSpline covers every magical case of axis-confusion.

All I want to know is can I do something about the objects after I draw them? Would, say, parenting them and then rotating their object do anything for me? Is there some code I can use to reorient the drawings? Anything?

If this makes RageSpline totally unusable to you, I think you have to ask for a refund. If there is problems with you're refund, you can try to refer to this post.
    I'm not trying to complain my way into a refund. I'm really just trying to find out if there's a way that I can use what Unity has already built with this amazing drawing extension that you've created. That's all. ;(

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast