Unity Community

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Michigan USA
    I really want the soldier disappear in Unity3, 4 splash screen.
    I think it's time Unity allows users to use their own images for the splash screen like Max does.
    (maybe you already can, I don't know)
    Last edited by Don Gray; 05-28-2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
    ...we see through a glass darkly...

Game Blog

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flim View Post
    I really want the soldier disappear in Unity 3, 4 splash screen.
    +1 .

In Unity 3.4 please. Seriously.

--
    oxl
    Last edited by oxl; 05-28-2011 at 04:28 AM.

3. Location
    Western Europe
    I can hardly name that an inprovement (removal of the soldier in the splash) request.

4. Posts
    That people complain so much about the trivial splash makes me think it should stay. Unity Pro could have a user-defined splash screen, that might be OK.
    My personal game projects -
    Dimension Q Site
    Facebook Page
    Twitter

Nobody likes rambling gibberish.
    http://whatever.scalzi.com/2006/02/1...rk-at-writing/

5. Location
    Michigan USA
    It is trivial, but (implementing) being able to edit it is trivial too.

Game Blog

6. Posts
    Good, if it's trivial, then don't worry about it.
    My personal game projects -
    Dimension Q Site
    Facebook Page
    Twitter

Nobody likes rambling gibberish.
    http://whatever.scalzi.com/2006/02/1...rk-at-writing/

7. Location
    Michigan USA
    Good, if it's trivial, then don't worry about it.
    No worry, just a simple request.
    As far as I know I am free to make such a request.

Game Blog

8. Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gray View Post
    I think it's time Unity allows users to use their own images for the splash screen like Max does.
    (maybe you already can, I don't know)
    You can with Unity Pro. I understand UT having the Unity splash screen in the non-Pro versions. The only problem is now that there are so many Unity games out there that it could maybe bore some users. Plus I have so many Unity games on my iPhone that I often wonder if I have launched the right game.

I would rather it changed to a developer splash screen with a large Powered by Unity watermark, or at least a developer image window within a standard splash screen.
    ShootStorm : iOS WP8
    Psychroma : iOS

9. Location
    Michigan USA
    Oh, maybe I am being misunderstood (I have Pro) I am talking about when you launch the editor!

Game Blog

10. Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonjump View Post
    You can with Unity Pro.
    This is about the splash screen in the editor, not builds. In any case, you can solve the issue by getting a Mac, since the OS X version doesn't have any kind of splash screen at all. (Might be a bit of a drastic step just to get rid of a splash screen. )

--Eric
    SpriteTile: new tile system that works seamlessly with Unity 4.3 sprites
    FlyingText3D: dynamic 3D text with TTF fonts | Vectrosity: fast & easy line drawing
    Nifty utilities! Stitch terrains together - runtime model importing - file browser - fractal landscapes

11. Location
    Michigan USA
    Well, I'm not going to pursue it anymore, it is trivial and just a novelty.
    I haven't changed the one in Max in a while, just thought it might be fun.
    Some of the Max users on the Autodesk forums used to take some pride in their splash screens and show them off,
    sort of like the pictures of people's desktop here in one of the threads.

Game Blog

12. Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5h5 View Post
    This is about the splash screen in the editor, not builds. In any case, you can solve the issue by getting a Mac, since the OS X version doesn't have any kind of splash screen at all. (Might be a bit of a drastic step just to get rid of a splash screen. )

--Eric
    I have a Mac, so I didn't know anything about a splash screen in the editor. Sorry!
    ShootStorm : iOS WP8
    Psychroma : iOS

13. Posts
    I just hope that Unity provide SpeedTree in next version. Most of AAA class engines are already using ST plugin so it would be nice.

14. Location
    Zürich, Switzerland
    Unity can't use plugins in webplayer and mobile, only in standalone, so I would assume that if it get supported, only for the source licenses where the problem could be overcome.

AAA support using ST, they don't offer it, you still need the $10k / project license for ST if you want to use it

15. Super Moderator
    Another thing I want to see in unity is better / more robust js support. And fix up that mac version of the built in ide cos monodevelop sucks for js.
    Currently working with Sony on our new
    PS4 and Vita game in Unity!

This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd

16. Location
    The Endless Ocean of Infinite Potential
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5h5 View Post
    IMHO, it's very well worth it ... I sometimes see the splash screen when accidentally firing up Unity in VMWare Fusion and ... then I quickly kill the VMWare Fusion process so I don't have to throw my monitors out of the Window.

17. Posts
    In any case, you can solve the issue by getting a Mac, since the OS X version doesn't have any kind of splash screen at all. (Might be a bit of a drastic step just to get rid of a splash screen.
    Really? I will check my MBP tonight.

Why Windows has an editor splash screen but Mac doesn't?

18. Posts
    You've asked for it, and Unity 4 will finally deliver. The Easy Button. Simply hook up a standard microphone and tell Unity 4 to "build my dream game," press The Easy Button and BAM! Out pops your creation, automagically if you will.

19. Location
    USA
    How about an entirely gpu-driven particle system with millions of particles per frame?
    - ImaginaryHuman -

NEW Mouse Path Animator - Mouse movement recording/playback - only $15!
    NEW Animated Dissolves for Shader Forge - Starting at $10!
    NEW Refract2D - Realtime refractions, reflections, image-based lighting, image distortions - ON SALE $25!
    Also Gradient Shader Pack - Realtime-generated animatable gradients - $20.
    Also Shader Wizard - CG Shader Generator including photoshop-style multi-texturing - $20.
    Also Texture Helper - procedural texture/pixmap-handling scripts - $10.

20. Location
    Virginia, USA
    If I could ask for ONE feature from Unity 4, it would be a REAL UI system. Something that is awesome and complex and simple to use. Maybe look at QT and borrow some of their features. Something that lets you create nice looking controls but isn't full of bugs and doesn't require a whole bunch of style sheet type setup.

The plethora of UI assets in the asset store should tell Unity that their built in UI is teh debil.

Gigiwoo.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast